• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

DCB LTF Diners Club Black Metal Credit Card

dilbwagsingh

TF Buzz
I am currently having a decent relationship with HDFC bank. Had been maintaining quite a lot of balance in my savings account. I had previously tried getting DCB Metal as LTF but was refused straight up by the RM. Only recently when I started moving that money out to my SBI account and not maintain such high balance anymore my RM offered me a LTF DCB Metal upgrade over my regalia. But she is insisting me on purchasing a ULIP plan (HDFC life smart protect plan) which has a 5 year lock-in and premium she is insisting on is more than 1 lakh per annum. I did counter her saying I can work with a single time premium payment option plan (HDFC life insurance sampoorn nivesh) but not with a policy where I have to keep paying premiums for the coming 5 years. To which her reply is single time payment option plans will not be useful for your case escalation for DCB LTF.

My questions are -
1. What options do I have to better negotiate my case? Will taking directly to a branch manager work out better?
2. Are ULIP plans even worth it for getting a DCB Metal LTF? (P.S. - Already asked for Infinia LTF in return of the ULIP purchase but they said it is not possible)
3. Would moving towards 0 balance work out i.e moving all my money to SBI?

Shubham Yadav

TF Legend
I am currently having a decent relationship with HDFC bank. Had been maintaining quite a lot of balance in my savings account. I had previously tried getting DCB Metal as LTF but was refused straight up by the RM. Only recently when I started moving that money out to my SBI account and not maintain such high balance anymore my RM offered me a LTF DCB Metal upgrade over my regalia. But she is insisting me on purchasing a ULIP plan (HDFC life smart protect plan) which has a 5 year lock-in and premium she is insisting on is more than 1 lakh per annum. I did counter her saying I can work with a single time premium payment option plan (HDFC life insurance sampoorn nivesh) but not with a policy where I have to keep paying premiums for the coming 5 years. To which her reply is single time payment option plans will not be useful for your case escalation for DCB LTF.

My questions are -
1. What options do I have to better negotiate my case? Will taking directly to a branch manager work out better?
2. Are ULIP plans even worth it for getting a DCB Metal LTF? (P.S. - Already asked for Infinia LTF in return of the ULIP purchase but they said it is not possible)
Check once with BM than another options can be explored

anilkrsh

TF Premier

My questions are -
To start with, why do you need DCB, it's not as good as Infonia. And are you sure, you won't hit 8L spend in a year, considering you are ok with 1L ULIP?

Taking ULIP for a DCB is not a fair trade-off.

vinrey287

TF Premier
Contributor
VIP Lounge

My questions are -
Try for Infinia if at all you are looking for a card based on ulip. But do check out if you have enough spends to cover for the loss of taking ulip

SonyTom

TF Premier
My RM says HDFC has stopped giving LTF cards Regalia Gold and upwatds via the RM/BM recommendation route. Only if it appears as pre-approved offer in app or net banking I can get it

mrbean007

TF Buzz

My questions are -
Simple Option. Take ULIP policy along with DCB LTF. Once you get DCB LTF, you can cancel the ULIP policy within 30 days freelook period and take full refund. Bank also cannot deny LTF once given

ALOAK

TF Ace

My questions are -
Dont fall fornthis gimmick. Hdfc is know to sell wrong insurances and your RM wants to hit her target. Dont agree move your funds as much as it is it isnwaste paying insurance did you see any benefit that she is asking you to invest. If ahe is not agreeing ofr one shot that means to say she is hiding something commission will not come too.

Himanshuch

TF Buzz
MY HDFC RM is also after my life to invest in UPIL. He is quoting that ULIP HDFC balanced fund has given very good returns but I don't believe that.

As of now, I have refused to do any ULIP.

exo

TF Buzz
Don't go via ULIP route. If you at all need DCB metal, get the paid one. You will get better returns from index mutual than returns from ULIP. May cover the card fee.

diptarkaroy

TF Premier
VIP Lounge

My questions are -
Don’t opt for ULIP investment

The amount of money you would lose there is way above than the money you would have saved (as reward) using DCB LTF

navdeep22

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
My RM says HDFC has stopped giving LTF cards Regalia Gold and upwatds via the RM/BM recommendation route. Only if it appears as pre-approved offer in app or net banking I can get it
this is not true, my RM just called me and told me last month that he can get me marriot bonvoy LTF and indeed got me LTF marriot bonvoy

SonyTom

TF Premier
this is not true, my RM just called me and told me last month that he can get me marriot bonvoy LTF and indeed got me LTF marriot bonvoy
So my RM is b*ll s****ing me. Let me see his reaction when I tell him one of my friends got Marriot Bonvoy LTF.

But probably my RM wont even know there is such a card!!!

Last edited: