• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Low credit utilisation ratio is going more harm than good?

RockyBond

TF Premier
As people say to keep credit utilisation ratio below 30% to not look credit hungry. But does very low ratio also have negative impact. Since past year I am paying 99% outstanding before bill generation and keeping 1% credit limit as bill. Say tor 1,80,000 credit card bill is 1000.

Because of that I haven't got any limit Enhancement from any of the major banks. Is that the reason? Are they thinking i am not using existing limit and thus not giving Enhancement?

anirban.choudhury

TF Legend
TF Family
VIP Lounge
As people say to keep credit utilisation ratio below 30% to not look credit hungry. But does very low ratio also have negative impact. Since past year I am paying 99% outstanding before bill generation and keeping 1% credit limit as bill. Say tor 1,80,000 credit card bill is 1000.

Because of that I haven't got any limit Enhancement from any of the major banks. Is that the reason? Are they thinking i am not using existing limit and thus not giving Enhancement?
I don’t think Limit enhancement depends upon your credit utilisation / spends , most of my cards get regular LE with almost 0 spend in last year.

Banks do have a BI team , who analyses your profile based on customer segmentation and life cycle value and then gives limit enhancement to your profile . In case of auto LE, there are no Cibil hits.

This is just from my experience , I may be wrong here

anirban.choudhury

TF Legend
TF Family
VIP Lounge
Even, I am doing the same. Using the cards a lot but paying more than 95 percent before the bill generation and I haven't got much LE in past years.
Yesterday got 15k LE from HDFC and ICICI is stuck at 1.10L.
I don’t think every cards send their report to Cibil on bill generation date , there are some specific dates where cards reports your data to Cibil , if those dates has more than 30% spend of card limit then it might cause a issue .
I would suggest that at any given time keep 70% or more in your total credit limit across all cards free

rayhan12

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
I don’t think every cards send their report to Cibil on bill generation date , there are some specific dates where cards reports your data to Cibil , if those dates has more than 30% spend of card limit then it might cause a issue .
I would suggest that at any given time keep 70% or more in your total credit limit across all cards free
Learned a new thing today. (y)

anirbanm

TF Select
VIP Lounge

That's probably not because of low utilisation. Try not to pay anything before due date.

vaibhav111

TF Legend
TF Family
VIP Lounge
Sr Moderator
Bank NameCIBIL Report Date
BOBMonth End
HDFCMonth End
ICICIBill Generation Date
SBIBill Generation Date
OnecardMonth End Probably
AxisMonth End
AxisMonth End
CitiBill Generation Date
RBLMonth End
IDFCMonth End
SBIBill Generation Date
AmexBill Generation Date
AUno idea can't find

xiddy

TF Premier
I don’t think Limit enhancement depends upon your credit utilisation / spends , most of my cards get regular LE with almost 0 spend in last year.

Banks do have a BI team , who analyses your profile based on customer segmentation and life cycle value and then gives limit enhancement to your profile . In case of auto LE, there are no Cibil hits.

This is just from my experience , I may be wrong here
I only receive credit limit enhancements on the cards that I don't use 😂