• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Loan Help

Dhruvit.S

TF Premier
TF Family
Hi Guys,
I am planning on taking a home loan. It's a big amount for me. I don't know intricate details to lookout like ROI and tricks to get the rate lower.
Also things to lookout before signing for a loan.

Please share your suggestions and experience as to how to pursue.

Any suggestion will be of great help

Thanks in advance

techsearch

TF Select
I can share what i have learnd from my experience:
  • you can get better rates by negotiation, check with multiple lenders , some banks offer lower rate than normal if you show them rate you got from other banks.
  • check your cibil score before starting the process, it there is any error then get it fixed.
  • Understand prepayment rules and charges , also plan how you want to prepay your loan.
  • go for maximum tenure, why ? because lower EMIs will help you during difficult times, it did help me during covid. and Whenever you have surplus money you can always prepay multiple times in a year.
  • Check Tax benefits and apply for single or joint loan accordingly.
rest i think if you can provide more details i can share information accordingly.

techsearch

TF Select
ahh difficult to say, it really depends upon what terms and conditions they give you...my friend got cheaper loan from HSBC but now after 3 years roi is same for both of us...mine is from SBI..

best you can do is get sanction letter from HSBC and use that for negotiation with other lenders..

Dhruvit.S

TF Premier
TF Family
ahh difficult to say, it really depends upon what terms and conditions they give you...my friend got cheaper loan from HSBC but now after 3 years roi is same for both of us...mine is from SBI..

best you can do is get sanction letter from HSBC and use that for negotiation with other lenders..
I dad enquired with a cooperative bank. They said 7.5%

Take it with a grain of salt but can it be true and any issues?

Also there are non bank lenders so how are those?

techsearch

TF Select
I dad enquired with a cooperative bank. They said 7.5%

Take it with a grain of salt but can it be true and any issues?

Also there are non bank lenders so how are those?
7.5 really ? i would also like to get my loan transferred there.

TBH while taking loan it doesn't really matter from where you are taking because we have to take money not give.....so even its corporative bank it should not be a problem, just check that they don't have any hidden condition.

If you get it for 7.5 then its a great deal i would say, is it fixed rate or repo rate based ?

Also for sanction letter banks dont charge anything nowadays, earlier they used to.

Bodhi

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
I can share what i have learnd from my experience:
  • you can get better rates by negotiation, check with multiple lenders , some banks offer lower rate than normal if you show them rate you got from other banks.
  • check your cibil score before starting the process, it there is any error then get it fixed.
  • Understand prepayment rules and charges , also plan how you want to prepay your loan.
  • go for maximum tenure, why ? because lower EMIs will help you during difficult times, it did help me during covid. and Whenever you have surplus money you can always prepay multiple times in a year.
  • Check Tax benefits and apply for single or joint loan accordingly.
rest i think if you can provide more details i can share information accordingly.
Well put forth @techsearch 👍🏻