• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Live Digital eRupee P2M transaction (Select users)

I think this can work if, for example, i get my salary directly in my erupee wallet. Then I can choose to deposit in bank or make payments directly. If this happens then truly banks as intermediaries will get eliminated. Then they will have to entice customers to deposit their salaries/income to their bank account with attractive offers. while i used salary example, we can think of other sources of income as well like sales, transfer of assets, etc.

Yes, if the bank itself convert our currency to e-rupee then there is no problems.

95% of my transaction is digital only (UPI, RuPay Credit card Through UPI, Credit card, EMI, IMPS, NEFT, RTGS), 5% only I am using currency.
If bank is converting all my digital transaction to e-Rupee then there is no head ache for me, instead I have to convert my currency to e-currency.

Right now HDFC introduce interoperability in UPI transaction, it may be leveraged to other payment systems. Let us see.