• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Live Digital eRupee P2M transaction (Select users)

VISHESH_BANSAL

TF Pioneer
I am an active user of CBDC, how it works all I know, but if UPI plays a role of intermediate and why not bank account transfer? There bank is not playing a role? That's my question.
Bro I am not able to explain further, RBI Governor Video which is already shared is self explanatory and the best Explanation

roshancc

TF Premier
I am an active user of CBDC, how it works all I know, but if UPI plays a role of intermediate and why not bank account transfer? There bank is not playing a role? That's my question.
Bank is eliminated in CBDC . In Conventional Banking, The Bank Deposits a security with RBI to Operate it borrows money from RBI at Repo Rate and Lend it also prints money out of thin air just numbers on a spreadsheet which is called Fractional Reserve banking so If the bank deposits 10INR with RBI It can lend 100INR to People earn interest and so on .
Now with CBDC RBI does not need the Bank it can give money straight to People so Bank is RIP .
*Thats why there is no interest on CBDC because there no intermediary

RupayMan

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
Bank is eliminated in CBDC . In Conventional Banking, The Bank Deposits a security with RBI to Operate it borrows money from RBI at Repo Rate and Lend it also prints money out of thin air just numbers on a spreadsheet which is called Fractional Reserve banking so If the bank deposits 10INR with RBI It can lend 100INR to People earn interest and so on .
Now with CBDC RBI does not need the Bank it can give money straight to People so Bank is RIP .
I was still talking about loading the money to CBDC with bank account. Not for using CBDC. All got my question in a wrong way.. Good night.

Rkr

TF Legend
TF Family
Contributor
RBI is a regulator and never deals with people directly.

VISHESH_BANSAL

TF Pioneer
Bro he is not able to understand simple Explanation.

And you are giving him Explanation in the language of Economics

roshancc

TF Premier
It's not that much easy to eliminate physical notes .But still if 10% people shifts to digital one then it's kind of big success.
I get it I also Installed it but unless they create a hybrid QR which is interoperable with UPI and CBDC it wont work .
UPI Success has a lot to do with intermediary companies like Paytm and Phonepe the Govt provided Infra they did the remaining task and we got the beauty called UPI .
Remember Bharat QR the QR for CCs most private players pushing it have pulled out of it .

roshancc

TF Premier
With CBDC its 100% direct interaction now .
The Bank Note we use belongs to RBI so when we use Cash we are technically interacting with RBI`s Asset .
CBDC is digital form of Cash does not require the distribution intermediary ie the Bank hence Direct Interaction with People and RBI .

Rkr

TF Legend
TF Family
Contributor
How you know I don't understand economics 😅 See, CBDC eliminates bank is fine, but to load the CBDC wallet one must use UPI or bank account only right? Here bank is not playing a role every time loading the wallet?
Your e Ruppe wallet app is already maintained by Bank and without Bank account you can't access eRupee app and also not able to redeem the same if some one send digital rupees to you.

VISHESH_BANSAL

TF Pioneer
How you know I don't understand economics 😅 See, CBDC eliminates bank is fine, but to load the CBDC wallet one must use UPI or bank account only right? Here bank is not playing a role every time loading the wallet?
Bank is not acting as an Intermediary

Money deducted from Sender
E-Rupee wallet and deposited to E-Rupee wallet of Receiver.

Hence Banks not involved in the whole Transfer

Bank is required for Depositing
E-Rupee in Customer's E-Rupee Wallet, whenever you are short of E-Rupee not acting as an Intermediary.

Last edited:

Rkr

TF Legend
TF Family
Contributor
It's just like what is the need of different banks ,RBI just opens its branches everywhere and we can open our accounts directly with RBI.No need for multiple banks.
Again RBI is a Regulator and others banks are service provider cum business doers.

sv004

TF Premier
Bank will begin to levy charges on e rupee loading just like they have on atm cards. They will fix min per month amount as free . From what i understand e rupee loading uses bank servers but once loaded transaction to another person is mediated by npci servers only no bank involves. Upi is pain in ass for banks from which money is being deducted because they loose capital and also have to arrange their server for transaction.

thanix

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
Can you not sell some service and get e-rupee in your wallet without loading from bank?

I have not yet signed up but is the apps by banks allow signing up without link to bank account?

Abhishek012

TF Pioneer
I think they'll give discount soon to encourage people for erupee like rupay card offers
Yes, it will take some time. Maybe few years but once Amazon/Flipkart etc will start accepting e-rupee. You will get discount or cashback offer for your online or offline shopping. Reliance already accept e-rupee on offline stores.

Abhishek012

TF Pioneer

HDFC Bank becomes first to offer interoperability between CBDC and UPI​

vishalp007

TF Buzz
I think this can work if, for example, i get my salary directly in my erupee wallet. Then I can choose to deposit in bank or make payments directly. If this happens then truly banks as intermediaries will get eliminated. Then they will have to entice customers to deposit their salaries/income to their bank account with attractive offers. while i used salary example, we can think of other sources of income as well like sales, transfer of assets, etc.