• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Limit Increase in HDFC Credit Card

sudhirsiddhi

TF Select
Hello Guys

My HDFC card is given behalf of Pre Approved with Limit 50k on 19Jun 2023 but i want to increase my Credit Card limit because I have already High limit credit card

For Example: Kotak Credit Card with 110k limit and Similarly Axis with 110k limit.

Please give me guide all possible way

How to Increase my credit card limit of HDFC bank

plastikman

TF Ace
Contributor
VIP Lounge
How frequently HDFC Bank offer credit limit enhancement?
I'm one of those rare who received 3 LEs from HDFC since 2019 without holding any other relation with them.

2019-issued with 100k limit
2019-LE to 213k
2020-LE to 484k
2021-LE to 560k

They haven't provided me a limit enhancement offer since Jan 21 even though I keep getting card upgrade offers every few months.

But I must say that this is extremely rare and not the norm. I have noticed that they triggered the LEs when I made some big transactions (more than 50% of existing limit). And it goes without scything that I have 100% track record of on time payments.

mortye0

TF Buzz
I'm one of those rare who received 3 LEs from HDFC since 2019 without holding any other relation with them.

2019-LE to 213k
2020-LE to 484k
2021-LE to 560k

They haven't provided me a limit enhancement offer since Jan 21 even though I keep getting card upgrade offers every few months.

But I must say that this is extremely rare and not the norm. I have noticed that they triggered the LEs when I made some big transactions (more than 50% of existing limit). And it goes without scything that I have 100% track record of on time payments.
Thanks mate ...really helpful

D₹V

TF Prestige

2019-LE to 213k
2020-LE to 484k
2021-LE to 560k

1. When you used card for 50% of limit + txns, did you repay & used again?
2. For example your limit was 100k and in certain 6 months timeframe, in any month you used your limit around 200% by repaying? I believe, yes !

Last edited:

plastikman

TF Ace
Contributor
VIP Lounge
1. When you used card for 50% os limit + txns, did you repay & used again?
2. For example your limit was 100k and in certain 6 months timeframe, in any month you used your limit around 200% by repaying? I believe, yes !
No, I didn't prepay at all as for the transactions that I was carrying out at that time the existing limit did suffice.

For example in 2020, I got a TV costing 285k. Then, a few months later I got a LE in Jan 21 to 560k.

Actually, until a few months back (before joining TF 😅), I didn't even know that prepaying the bill and purchasing large ticket items was possible. I always thought that since the ECOM / POS transaction limit couldn't be more than the credit limit, the transactions would fail 😃

D₹V

TF Prestige
No, I didn't prepay at all as for the transactions that I was carrying out at that time the existing limit did suffice.

For example in 2020, I got a TV costing 285k. Then, a few months later I got a LE in Jan 21 to 560k.

Actually, until a few months back (before joining TF 😅), I didn't even know that prepaying the bill and purchasing large ticket items was possible. I always thought that since the ECOM / POS transaction limit couldn't be more than the credit limit, the transactions would fail 😃
Nice 🙂.

But I didn't ask about prepay thing.

I asked if you used your card 90k out of 100k & then had to use it again somewhere for offer/non-offer, did you repay it & used it again? In same billing cycle?

Gautam3

TF Buzz

Hello bro, ohh so you mean if I have a 74k limit on my business moneyback card but I can purchase 1.6L iphone 15 pro max on online amazon? and how to repay that? Please reply and thanks for your helpful advice.

plastikman

TF Ace
Contributor
VIP Lounge
Hello bro, ohh so you mean if I have a 74k limit on my business moneyback card but I can purchase 1.6L iphone 15 pro max on online amazon? and how to repay that? Please reply and thanks for your helpful advice.
Hello ! Actually, I'm uncertain of that. In my case I had spent 285K when my limit was 484K. I have heard that SBI / Axis allow it to a certain extent to the tune of 20% but recently HDFC has started refunding any excess amount paid to the card. Some have suggested buying AGVs and topping up your Amazon pay balance so that remaining can be paid using the limit on your card. Maybe you can explore doing so 👍

souvikr

TF Premier
I have recently got limit enhancement on my millenia cc. I have tata neu infinity cc as well which shares limit with millenia. Will the limit of tata neu increase automatically?

srikant

TF Premier
I emailed HDFC asking for limit increase on my ₹130k MoneyBack+

They asked to send post, I yelled, they again asked to send post. I put documents in drop box. They created a feedback ticket, but credit card Grievance still claims they didn't receive!

Now they're offering festive LE to ₹149k.

I've had this card since 2015, they gave LE to ₹130k about an test back.

Do I take this LE? What I'd really want from HDFC is a Tata Neu Infinity. And this paltry ₹149k is STILL not ₹150k.

Ok, and 🤬 🤬 HDFC

srikant

TF Premier
I emailed HDFC asking for limit increase on my ₹130k MoneyBack+

They asked to send post, I yelled, they again asked to send post. I put documents in drop box. They created a feedback ticket, but credit card Grievance still claims they didn't receive!

Now they're offering festive LE to ₹149k.

I've had this card since 2015, they gave LE to ₹130k about an test back.

Do I take this LE? What I'd really want from HDFC is a Tata Neu Infinity. And this paltry ₹149k is STILL not ₹150k.

Ok, and 🤬 🤬 HDFC
So should I take this LE or wait for them to receive my docs or something?