• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Let's talk wallets

vysakh

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
Not your paytm, phonepe or something of the sort, but your actual physical ones - the ones used to hold your cards, cash and what not.

What do you use? Do you use a regular wallet that's mostly for cash and coins but has room for a few cards? Do you have something that's just for cards? What is it made of? Leather? Faux leather? Plastic? Metal? Do you not carry a wallet at all?

What's your strategy when it comes to cards? Since most people here own multiple cards and most wallets don't have card room for a whole lot of cards, what do you do? Do you pick the top two or three you're likely to use? Do you swap them with other cards once you've hit your spend target with the card? Do you carry all the cards all the time?

What do you do with the cards you don't carry? Have another wallet for it? or a box? Or simply put it in a cupboard or shelf or something?

In my case, until recently, I used to have only two credit cards and two debit cards. Wallet (generic, leather) could accommodate 6 and so I used to carry all 4. Had a priority pass card too, but simply kept it in the shelf, except when I was flying. One problem I faced was that since I used to put it in the pocket, things would get compressed and taking the card out from the wallet wasn't smooth. It didn't take long, it was okay, just not as easy as taking out from the cash rack. Can live with it.

Things were generally fine with the strategy of carrying all the cards in the wallet, until that one time where my wallet was stolen. All cards were blocked within seconds, but then I became cardless and cashless. I could not swipe anywhere or use the cards online. I could not pay in cash because all my cash was gone and without debit card, I couldn't go to an ATM. Not a fan of going to the branch and withdrawing money, but that would've been my last resort. Thankfully, I could manage with netbanking and more importantly UPI for a week or two before new cards reached me.

Now that I've more cards than my wallet can fit, I just pick the top two I'm likely gonna use. Might swap for something if I hit the spend target. The unused ones simply lie assorted in a cupboard. Thinking of getting a small box or something that hold them all. It's just 2-3 for now, might increase later.

On a lighter note, one of the cards I used to carry in my wallet had that metal embossing for the name and it was a card that I rarely used and so was sparingly taken out from the wallet. Over time, the embossment found its way to the wallet surface.

vaibhav111

TF Legend
TF Family
VIP Lounge
Sr Moderator
Not your paytm, phonepe or something of the sort, but your actual physical ones - the ones used to hold your cards, cash and what not.

What do you use? Do you use a regular wallet that's mostly for cash and coins but has room for a few cards? Do you have something that's just for cards? What is it made of? Leather? Faux leather? Plastic? Metal? Do you not carry a wallet at all?

What's your strategy when it comes to cards? Since most people here own multiple cards and most wallets don't have card room for a whole lot of cards, what do you do? Do you pick the top two or three you're likely to use? Do you swap them with other cards once you've hit your spend target with the card? Do you carry all the cards all the time?

What do you do with the cards you don't carry? Have another wallet for it? or a box? Or simply put it in a cupboard or shelf or something?

In my case, until recently, I used to have only two credit cards and two debit cards. Wallet (generic, leather) could accommodate 6 and so I used to carry all 4. Had a priority pass card too, but simply kept it in the shelf, except when I was flying. One problem I faced was that since I used to put it in the pocket, things would get compressed and taking the card out from the wallet wasn't smooth. It didn't take long, it was okay, just not as easy as taking out from the cash rack. Can live with it.

Things were generally fine with the strategy of carrying all the cards in the wallet, until that one time where my wallet was stolen. All cards were blocked within seconds, but then I became cardless and cashless. I could not swipe anywhere or use the cards online. I could not pay in cash because all my cash was gone and without debit card, I couldn't go to an ATM. Not a fan of going to the branch and withdrawing money, but that would've been my last resort. Thankfully, I could manage with netbanking and more importantly UPI for a week or two before new cards reached me.

Now that I've more cards than my wallet can fit, I just pick the top two I'm likely gonna use. Might swap for something if I hit the spend target. The unused ones simply lie assorted in a cupboard. Thinking of getting a small box or something that hold them all. It's just 2-3 for now, might increase later.

On a lighter note, one of the cards I used to carry in my wallet had that metal embossing for the name and it was a card that I rarely used and so was sparingly taken out from the wallet. Over time, the embossment found its way to the wallet surface.
hmm it feel like i'm been looking for same answer, it hard to keep all the card and also disabled NFC too and only keep couple of card and reset stay in the wardrobe. plus i have one metal card which i got recently unable to keep in my wallet cause i know it will get loose it shine and texture within days cause all of plastic card did .

vysakh

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
Contactless is kinda useless in most of my use cases. The merchants insist on handing over the card to them even if I tell them that the 'wifi' works. They have this inbuilt belief that it'll work only when they hold the card and not when the card owner. It was only in some KFC or something that I got to use the contactless the way it was intended to.

V5689

TF Select
VIP Lounge
Personally I carry 3 CC and 2 DC in my daily wallet. I carry only the cards that I use offline. (I do memorize the card details of the ones I use online)
I have 4 CC ,1 DB, 1 Dreamfolks privilege card more. I keep them in a seperate card holder wallet. I carry this wallet in a bag or so when travelling.
Incase If I lose one wallet, I can adjust with the other one.
Its not just CC and DCs, I do the same with Id cards also. Some I keep at home always. 2 in main wallet and one in secondary card wallet.
The same with cash also.

vaibhav111

TF Legend
TF Family
VIP Lounge
Sr Moderator
Contactless is kinda useless in most of my use cases. The merchants insist on handing over the card to them even if I tell them that the 'wifi' works. They have this inbuilt belief that it'll work only when they hold the card and not when the card owner. It was only in some KFC or something that I got to use the contactless the way it was intended to.
Yeah I know the feeling in my case I need to tell the merchant just tap ..don't swipe and ask for pin

Last edited:

Hotstar

TF Neo
VIP Lounge
I use Fossil Magnetic card case (link below). Enough capacity to hold 7-8 notes and over time 10 cards (which includes my DL).

There are various variants of this same wallet, couldn't spend time to search for my exact wallet.

AllSeeker

TF Ace
I carry metal one, it's a simple card holder which has launching button/spring at bottom. Its IRIFD protection thing, but I find it useful as I tend to have lot of other stuff in my pockets and I don't carry wallet in back pockets, so this small card holder is technically my wallet.

Problem happens when I go outside city, where cards don't work, there I have to carry cash and pray to god that gpay/paytm is available. Along with mobile network :ROFLMAO:

Last edited:

vysakh

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
Personally I carry 3 CC and 2 DC in my daily wallet. I carry only the cards that I use offline. (I do memorize the card details of the ones I use online)
I have 4 CC ,1 DB, 1 Dreamfolks privilege card more. I keep them in a seperate card holder wallet. I carry this wallet in a bag or so when travelling.
Incase If I lose one wallet, I can adjust with the other one.
Its not just CC and DCs, I do the same with Id cards also. Some I keep at home always. 2 in main wallet and one in secondary card wallet.
The same with cash also.
Two wallets is a good idea.

This looks awesome. Shows unavailable now. Not sure if it's just my pincode

adjjoshi

TF Select
I carry metal one, it's a simple card holder which has launching button/spring at bottom. Its IRIFD protection thing, but I find it useful as I tend to have lot of other stuff in my pockets and I don't carry wallet in back pockets, so this small card holder is technically my wallet.

Problem happens when I go outside city, where cards don't work, there I have to carry cash and pray to god that gpay/paytm is available. Along with mobile network :ROFLMAO:

Extrovert🌃

TF Select

Jitendra P

TF Select
VIP Lounge
I use a large wallet to store my collection at home, but I do take it out sometimes like when I go to banks or the airport.

I put 2 credit cards and 1 debit card that I'm most likely to use on a particular day in my smaller wallet when I go out, actually this is also only like 20% of the time I go out.

80% of the time I just take my phone, I use Samsung pay.

Attachments

• 20220330_083917.jpg
    20220330_083917.jpg
    2.7 MB · Views: 308
  • 20220330_084319.jpg
    20220330_084319.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 303

AllSeeker

TF Ace
I use a large wallet to store my collection at home, but I do take it out sometimes like when I go to banks or the airport.

I put 2 credit cards and 1 debit card that I'm most likely to use on a particular day in my smaller wallet when I go out, actually this is also only like 20% of the time I go out.

80% of the time I just take my phone, I use Samsung pay.
I see 4 HDFC credit cards :oops:

ChurningNoob

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
I use this wallet from Spigen and quite happen with it.