• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Let's talk wallets

souvikr

TF Premier
Contactless is kinda useless in most of my use cases. The merchants insist on handing over the card to them even if I tell them that the 'wifi' works. They have this inbuilt belief that it'll work only when they hold the card and not when the card owner. It was only in some KFC or something that I got to use the contactless the way it was intended to.
I believe merchants try to avoid contactless payment and insist on PIN based transactions to avoid disputes later. As contactless transaction doesn't need any authentication, someone may get the charge reversed by reporting that transaction as fraud.

anish1516

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
If someone is looking for card holder with higher capacity and nothing very fancy. This Rs. 60 card holder is a very good option to keep cards at home.

You would easily get this in a good stationary shop near your house.

rakkuvgd

TF Buzz
Not your paytm, phonepe or something of the sort, but your actual physical ones - the ones used to hold your cards, cash and what not.

What do you use? Do you use a regular wallet that's mostly for cash and coins but has room for a few cards? Do you have something that's just for cards? What is it made of? Leather? Faux leather? Plastic? Metal? Do you not carry a wallet at all?

What's your strategy when it comes to cards? Since most people here own multiple cards and most wallets don't have card room for a whole lot of cards, what do you do? Do you pick the top two or three you're likely to use? Do you swap them with other cards once you've hit your spend target with the card? Do you carry all the cards all the time?

What do you do with the cards you don't carry? Have another wallet for it? or a box? Or simply put it in a cupboard or shelf or something?

In my case, until recently, I used to have only two credit cards and two debit cards. Wallet (generic, leather) could accommodate 6 and so I used to carry all 4. Had a priority pass card too, but simply kept it in the shelf, except when I was flying. One problem I faced was that since I used to put it in the pocket, things would get compressed and taking the card out from the wallet wasn't smooth. It didn't take long, it was okay, just not as easy as taking out from the cash rack. Can live with it.

Things were generally fine with the strategy of carrying all the cards in the wallet, until that one time where my wallet was stolen. All cards were blocked within seconds, but then I became cardless and cashless. I could not swipe anywhere or use the cards online. I could not pay in cash because all my cash was gone and without debit card, I couldn't go to an ATM. Not a fan of going to the branch and withdrawing money, but that would've been my last resort. Thankfully, I could manage with netbanking and more importantly UPI for a week or two before new cards reached me.

Now that I've more cards than my wallet can fit, I just pick the top two I'm likely gonna use. Might swap for something if I hit the spend target. The unused ones simply lie assorted in a cupboard. Thinking of getting a small box or something that hold them all. It's just 2-3 for now, might increase later.

On a lighter note, one of the cards I used to carry in my wallet had that metal embossing for the name and it was a card that I rarely used and so was sparingly taken out from the wallet. Over time, the embossment found its way to the wallet surface.
I hold 4.cc's and 5 DC's. I carry one Dc and 2 cc all the time with me. Two of my cc are LTF.
I used to carry all the 4 CC's in my wallet before. But my most used card Sbi bpcl card, while I try to use it in fuel pumps with tap n pay It was not working. Later I realized that it's because my card chip was damaged since I was keeping the card below the coin compartment.
Then I opted the unused nfc function in my phone. I never had a chance to use nfc till today even though the phone is 3 more years old.

You can register your card for tap and pay in paytm or Gpay and use the phone as a virtual CreditCard. No more hassle of carrying a card.

Only issue is if you've added more than one card in the paytm app, you will have to change the required card to be used for the transaction as a primary card each time before you make a transaction. That's OK with me since it takes the same amount of time as taking the card out of my wallet..
So that's it nfc tap n pay is the way to go if you wish to keep your cards at home.
No more tension of card theft.

Vicky99

TF Buzz
I am having 16 card as of now but in future it might increase so i was looking for ~20 card holder wallet but couldn't find . If anyone have any suggestions about slim wallets to carry ~20 cards please let me know . Most of the 20 card holder wallet are bulky .

yolofino

TF Premier
I am having 16 card as of now but in future it might increase so i was looking for ~20 card holder wallet but couldn't find . If anyone have any suggestions about slim wallets to carry ~20 cards please let me know . Most of the 20 card holder wallet are bulky .
Do you want to carry all 20 cards with you every time you step out of the house? If yes, why?

If you want to store the cards, then you may consider 2 wallets where each one can hold around 10.

Vicky99

TF Buzz
Do you want to carry all 20 cards with you every time you step out of the house? If yes, why?

If you want to store the cards, then you may consider 2 wallets where each one can hold around 10.
See for example i have to carry atleast 2 debit card 4 credit card like cards like slice usually have offers on jiomart , Domino's etc . Some cards are good for dinner some card goods for other offline purchases .. and rest 1 metro card , 2 locality points cards . And few visiting card .. so over-all i am looking for atleast 12+ card holders .. i don't carry that much cash ..

BlueFlash

TF Premier
Whoever wants an ultra thin wallet, consider this. I am using this for six months; also gifted to my father. Good for those who hold multiple cards.

With and without cards. First one is holding 11 cards + cash.

IMG_0030.jpg IMG_0031.jpg
Been using it since more than 2 years now I guess... the only flaw is that it literally has near zero friction, so anything, especially cards slip out of it way too easily, making the wallet uneasy to handle.

SoggypastA

TF Premier
I need a cards specific wallet which can carry 12-15 cards and will fit in front or back pocket of jeans.
I want to carry all type of pvc cards id, dc, cc etc and I do so with my current bi fold but the cash and coin compartment makes it bulky.
Any suggestions.
IMG_20230507_162037.jpg IMG_20230507_162049.jpg
Got a vertical wallet finally, from amazon at 499₹.
Quality is not excellent but works for me ✌️
17 dedicated card slots + 1 cash compartment.

Hisoka

TF Ace
I use below wallet to store all my cards. It can easily store 12-15 cards and some cash

And this wallet from Jack and jones to store my primary 2-3 cards. It also has a main pocket to quickly access the main card.

https://www.myntra.com/wallets/jack-&-jones/jack-&-jones-men-grey-leather-card-holder/17497586/buy

Unfortunately both these wallets are out of stock, but there are some new ones as well

Attachments

• IMG_3256.jpeg
    IMG_3256.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 15
  • IMG_3257.jpeg
    IMG_3257.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 15

nikzcool

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
I use a large wallet to store my collection at home, but I do take it out sometimes like when I go to banks or the airport.

I put 2 credit cards and 1 debit card that I'm most likely to use on a particular day in my smaller wallet when I go out, actually this is also only like 20% of the time I go out.

80% of the time I just take my phone, I use Samsung pay.
Where can I buy these, looking for something similar.