• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Let's talk JAL miles!

have been searching for OneWorld awards on JAL website but it never shows up anything available. flights do show up but result in an error when trying to book. expertflyer pro shows seats are available.
any fix for this?

saver-user

TF Select
VIP Lounge
have been searching for OneWorld awards on JAL website but it never shows up anything available. flights do show up but result in an error when trying to book. expertflyer pro shows seats are available.
any fix for this?
One fix I found around that is usually. It shows that for one leg you gotta be really crafty in this case example. I want to go to Australia. But Qantas doesn't fly direct. (Atleast on rewards) so I will do Hyderabad to Jakarta to Melbourne (if I try just Jakarta - Melbourne without Hyderabad it won't allow me to book so just add another leg). Which round trip is just 50k miles +10k tax whereas flight fares are 85-90k.

@saver-user thanks for sharing this man. the issue I am facing is even when it shows a list of flights, it mostly throws up an error when selecting them and proceeding.

Also happens for the same flight too when searching via one world and jmb partners for an american airlines flight.

Does jal also have availability via customer care? Or any other fix bro?

saver-user

TF Select
VIP Lounge
@saver-user thanks for sharing this man. the issue I am facing is even when it shows a list of flights, it mostly throws up an error when selecting them and proceeding.

Also happens for the same flight too when searching via one world and jmb partners for an american airlines flight.

Does jal also have availability via customer care? Or any other fix bro?
man in jal we get more value for points. so this hectic we have to bear it. i usually just search individual sectors first and find a date when a flight is operating. (i dont care fare shows or not) then i match the the whole journey like this. now its shows the fare. it works 99% times

Warlock27

TF Select
Hey folks I have a couple of questions around JMB:
1. Is there any way to know the exact membership date? I'm assuming it should be the same when I created the account.
2. I completed 60 days yesterday (based on registration on 13th June) but I still see the 60 days warning. Do I need to connect with someone?
3. Do I need to have miles already in my account to see/interact with anything award tickets related?

Warlock27

TF Select
Hey folks I have a couple of questions around JMB:
1. Is there any way to know the exact membership date? I'm assuming it should be the same when I created the account.
2. I completed 60 days yesterday (based on registration on 13th June) but I still see the 60 days warning. Do I need to connect with someone?
3. Do I need to have miles already in my account to see/interact with anything award tickets related?
Nvm, I had a problem with my membership date, turns out I'll be able to check after 1st September.
Can anyone help me with the minimum miles required in Economy and Business (partner airlines) from Hyderabad to Amsterdam flight, and from Venice to Hyderabad flight? Any dates in June 2024 should be fine.
I have around 80k points pending in Axis that I want to transfer to an airline.
Thanks in advanced.

Last edited:

wokrishnahai

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
man in jal we get more value for points. so this hectic we have to bear it. i usually just search individual sectors first and find a date when a flight is operating. (i dont care fare shows or not) then i match the the whole journey like this. now its shows the fare. it works 99% times
Hey could you help on how i search award availability?

DarkShadow

TF Buzz
Screenshot 2023-08-25 at 1.23.48 AM.png

I AM SEEING THE AVAILABILITY WHEN I CONTINUE I GET THIS ERROR.

ANY SUGGESTIONS?
This means that there is no availability on the selected date & route. JAL does not have a calendar view and each dates would need to be checked manually if checking through JAL. Or else note down the availability on/through other airlines and partners or award websites and come back to JAL with the specific dates on which award seat/s are available for booking and proceeding further.

wokrishnahai

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
This means that there is no availability on the selected date & route. JAL does not have a calendar view and each dates would need to be checked manually if checking through JAL. Or else note down the availability on/through other airlines and partners or award websites and come back to JAL with the specific dates on which award seat/s are available for booking and proceeding further.
I DID THAT. CHECKED THE availability on AA for BOM-LHR and then went to JAL to book the same flight.

DarkShadow

TF Buzz
I DID THAT. CHECKED THE availability on AA for BOM-LHR and then went to JAL to book the same flight.
I did a quick check for some other route and encountered this error as well when proceeding further with the selected flight from the search results (on "OneWorld Award Tickets" search), though the award seat is available (checked on carrier's website and showed up on JAL search result too).

However, when I checked for the same route and date on "JMB Partner Airlines Award Ticket" search, the availability showed up and ticket could be booked.

- Were you searching at Partner or OneWorld award tickets? Try changing your award ticket search type.
- Also you can try calling up JAL. I read somewhere (for Qantas) for the same error code, agent on phone was able to book the ticket and did not charge a booking fee because of the error.

wokrishnahai

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
I did a quick check for some other route and encountered this error as well when proceeding further with the selected flight from the search results (on "OneWorld Award Tickets" search), though the award seat is available (checked on carrier's website and showed up on JAL search result too).

However, when I checked for the same route and date on "JMB Partner Airlines Award Ticket" search, the availability showed up and ticket could be booked.

- Were you searching at Partner or OneWorld award tickets? Try changing your award ticket search type.
- Also you can try calling up JAL. I read somewhere (for Qantas) for the same error code, agent on phone was able to book the ticket and did not charge a booking fee because of the error.
Hey! Thanks for your reply. It seems like these airlines are just providing so subpar services. I mean in this 21st century when everything is going digital . These people are just increasing the turnaround time for the whole process.

Calling them is a task like Aeroplan or is it simple and it gets done in a smooth manner.