• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Kotak credit limit enhancemnt rejected

imdjay

TF Ace
Contributor
VIP Lounge
4lac limit. Last increment on April 23
My best guess is that the limit might go up to at least 6.5 Lakhs. But, who really knows how the bank operates? I had a pre-approved offer for a white card with a 5L limit. Even before applying, I reached out to my RM to ensure a confirmation for increasing the limit to 10L, considering I already hold other cards with limits surpassing 10L. he is still following up with backend team for last 15-20 days.

Pgoel06

TF Select
VIP Lounge
My best guess is that the limit might go up to at least 6.5 Lakhs. But, who really knows how the bank operates? I had a pre-approved offer for a white card with a 5L limit. Even before applying, I reached out to my RM to ensure a confirmation for increasing the limit to 10L, considering I already hold other cards with limits surpassing 10L. he is still following up with backend team for last 15-20 days.
They rejected the request post doing 2 hard enquiry

D₹V

TF Prestige
Have raised the request to l2 and l3 but dint get any response from their end. Feel like close every account with them
They don't reply well.

What you do now, is raise complaint in BANKING OMBUDSMAN & just wait 💀.

They'll follow you up, badly.

Ask them to remove both the enquiries & again review the limit enhancement too.

Pgoel06

TF Select
VIP Lounge
They don't reply well.

What you do now, is raise complaint in BANKING OMBUDSMAN & just wait 💀.

They'll follow you up, badly.

Ask them to remove both the enquiries & again review the limit enhancement too.
What is the best way to do that. I have never raised complaint to ombudsman

Lobogris

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
I think this is just abuse of the system. What merit do you see?
Bank doesn't deem his case worthy to upgrade. He gave an application to increase, they rejected. The End.

I am genuinely curious.
Absolutely. The Ombudsman won't do anything. It is up to the bank to decide what limit to provide. They can increase, decrease or even close the card at any time. There is nothing the Ombudsman can do. This isn't a violation of any rule.

sharma

TF Premier
Absolutely. The Ombudsman won't do anything. It is up to the bank to decide what limit to provide. They can increase, decrease or even close the card at any time. There is nothing the Ombudsman can do. This isn't a violation of any rule.
I know card rejection and limit enhancement are something which bank decides, but as a customer everyone has the right to know the reason for rejections, since he didn't get any update from bank and since bank has done two hard enquiries I have asked him to raise a RBI complaint.

Last edited:

Lobogris

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
I know card rejection and limit enhancement are something which bank decides, but as a customer everyone has the right to know the reason for rejections, since he didn't get any update from bank and since bank has done two hard enquiries I have asked him to raise a RBI complaint.
Complaint for what? Enquiry is normal while reviewing a request. They haven't denied the application for a credit card. By your logic, a customer could request a limit increase every month and when the bank declines, he can complain to RBI. So no matter how high a limit is assigned, you can keep requesting more and then keep complaining?