• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Kotak Credit card limit Revised (decreased)

JUsbazZE

TF Buzz
I have received a message that My Kotak Zen card limit is revised to 1.2L from 6L for no reason.
I was expecting an enhancement soon

Cibil over 780
Never a Missed a payment
Upto 15-20% usage every month.
Is there any way to retain my limit??

CMG

TF Ace
TF Family
VIP Lounge
Got a Kotak Myntra CC recently, not even a month ago, first Bill not generated yet. The Limit of the CC was 2.25L, now suddenly in the app it shows the limit as 1L, and used about 1.4L, so it shows -40k in overview.

Today I saw the limit was how it was supposed to be and remain balance as 80k+, now it shows -40k, no other transaction is done, no emi, loan, etc

Is this a bug, or Intentional activity from Kotak
Kotak decreased limit for many. Go through the above replies.

anonymuos

TF Ace
Also did any of you who got their limit reduced have 2 or 3 Kotak CCs or just 1? People share some info please to figure out if there is any pattern for limit reduction.

Chimera-san

TF Select
In that case it shouldn’t even be counted as your spends because you didn’t even the enable over limit facility and the transaction is counted as overlimit. I think you definitely should argue your case and get both decisions reversed
Now, while trying to modify the CC limit in the app, it shows the minimum amount being 1.16L and max amount 1L.
While editing limit, says the amount should be greater than 1.16L and less 1L, how is that possible.

coolguy1

TF Ace
Contributor
VIP Lounge
Now, while trying to modify the CC limit in the app, it shows the minimum amount being 1.16L and max amount 1L.
While editing limit, says the amount should be greater than 1.16L and less 1L, how is that possible.
This generally happens when you over limit your card, the minimum shows the current outstanding and the maximum shows the total normal limit.
Once paid, this should go back to minimum value to current spend and maximum to the total limit.

The fees charged feels totally unfair, do send a bunch of emails and they should reverse the fee, unsure about the limit change reversal though but you can always try for it.

Chimera-san

TF Select
This generally happens when you over limit your card, the minimum shows the current outstanding and the maximum shows the total normal limit.
Once paid, this should go back to minimum value to current spend and maximum to the total limit.

The fees charged feels totally unfair, do send a bunch of emails and they should reverse the fee, unsure about the limit change reversal though but you can always try for it.
Where can I get the customer care email, I can't find it in the kotak website.

Chimera-san

TF Select

Also, current outstanding is 1.5L and the minimum you mentioned is showing as 1.1L

coolguy1

TF Ace
Contributor
VIP Lounge