• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Infinia ITC One night free Offer on Infinia - Reality Check

saikatCC

TF Buzz
I have been holding the Infinia card for a year now. The ITC one night free on 2 nights had seemed like a decent offer but i had never tried to use it till now. When i did try to use it on a property in Goa i realized its almost a scam.

The price on which they apply the free night is marked up by more than 30% so the effective price post this offer is actually more than what one can get by just directly booking.

has anyone else faced this or its just a one off.

drsel

TF Legend
You are absolutely correct, this is only a marketing trick.
2+1 free does not have any real value, due to proportional price markup and hence does not cost HDFC Bank anything to offer

saikatCC

TF Buzz
well i just went ahead and made regular booking on ITC site. didnt take screen shots as i know there is no point in following up on something like this.
but as someone wrote above dont think of Infinia due to such offers.

Copycat

TF Ace
VIP Lounge

saikatCC

TF Buzz
Infinia is just a over hyped card with the factor of FOMO, unless you are a heavy traveler using lounge benefit internationally very frequently.
Maybe. I had DCB for a while and felt it was the same. for Infinia exclusions are lesser than others for getting the 3% value. thats about it i guess.

ALOAK

TF Premier
I have been holding the Infinia card for a year now. The ITC one night free on 2 nights had seemed like a decent offer but i had never tried to use it till now. When i did try to use it on a property in Goa i realized its almost a scam.

The price on which they apply the free night is marked up by more than 30% so the effective price post this offer is actually more than what one can get by just directly booking.

has anyone else faced this or its just a one off.
You r correct any offers given is only on jacked up price

Firewing224

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
Smartbuy prices are inclusive of tax. You pay what you see. Yes, website offers are missing however if u pay full price and get 33% back, it's way cheaper than going on MMT and booking directly. Many times found tax inclusive price to be cheaper.

ITC 2+1 offer isnt worth it as 33% u already get back from smartbuy.

saikatCC

TF Buzz
Smartbuy prices are inclusive of tax. You pay what you see. Yes, website offers are missing however if u pay full price and get 33% back, it's way cheaper than going on MMT and booking directly. Many times found tax inclusive price to be cheaper.

ITC 2+1 offer isnt worth it as 33% u already get back from smartbuy.
ITC offer is not same as booking hotels on smart buy if that's what you are referring to. If one wishes to avail of this offer they are redirected to ITC website and the code applied. the moment the code is applied the rack rate goes up by 30%+ . if at the same moment you remove the code and check the rates are that much lesser.

Firewing224

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
ITC offer is not same as booking hotels on smart buy if that's what you are referring to. If one wishes to avail of this offer they are redirected to ITC website and the code applied. the moment the code is applied the rack rate goes up by 30%+ . if at the same moment you remove the code and check the rates are that much lesser.
But why book direct when you can book 3N on smartbuy and get back 33% which = 1N

Firewing224

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
even on smartbuy the prices were much higher. not 33% higher but close enough.
See attached screenshots. Smartbuy and booking.com is same after taxes. Official website is lowest at -ve 600. However I think convenience fees will get added. It's almost the same. Maybe +/-5% but that's expected. Definitely not 33%

Attachments

• Screenshot_2024-04-22-19-13-21-91_40deb401b9ffe8e1df2f1cc5ba480b12.jpg
    Screenshot_2024-04-22-19-13-21-91_40deb401b9ffe8e1df2f1cc5ba480b12.jpg
    164.4 KB · Views: 37
  • Screenshot_2024-04-22-19-12-44-04_40deb401b9ffe8e1df2f1cc5ba480b12.jpg
    Screenshot_2024-04-22-19-12-44-04_40deb401b9ffe8e1df2f1cc5ba480b12.jpg
    168.9 KB · Views: 37
  • Screenshot_2024-04-22-19-11-59-12_40deb401b9ffe8e1df2f1cc5ba480b12.jpg
    Screenshot_2024-04-22-19-11-59-12_40deb401b9ffe8e1df2f1cc5ba480b12.jpg
    160.9 KB · Views: 37

saikatCC

TF Buzz
See attached screenshots. Smartbuy and booking.com is same after taxes. Official website is lowest at -ve 600. However I think convenience fees will get added. It's almost the same. Maybe +/-5% but that's expected. Definitely not 33%
My bad. you are right. what i missed mentioning was that on smartbuy they are not showing all the available rates. They show MMT rate which is a refundable one and more or less same as ITC site excluding convenience fees i guess. The non refundable rate is not available via smart buy which is around 2k cheaper.

Firewing224

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
My bad. you are right. what i missed mentioning was that on smartbuy they are not showing all the available rates. They show MMT rate which is a refundable one and more or less same as ITC site excluding convenience fees i guess. The non refundable rate is not available via smart buy which is around 2k cheaper.
Yatra rate screenshotted above is non refundable. Do 1 thing, in the search bar in smartbuy, put "ITC" and then search. Sometimes different websites will be on different lines, as they write the name differently. ITC : Grand Central / ITC - Grand Central / ITC grand Central lower parel etc etc. Search for name instead of click on first one you see.