• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Is it still worth getting a Citi bank credit card?

Malarky92

TF Buzz
Hi all,

Hope you are doing well.

I am actually being offered a LTF Citi Bank Rewards Credit card.

I already have 2 Axis Bank credit cards (Flipkart and MyZone) and will be applying for Ace in March.

My worry is will this Citi bank card be counted as my 3rd Axis credit card since Citi bank's credit card department is sold to Axis?

Requesting your advice.

Thanks,
Shreyash Panchal.

metal_heart

TF Premier
If you are looking for basic cards from city, there is no such benefit. Their reward system isn’t the best
You won’t be missing much, however if you still plan to apply ; please use my referral Code techB766FF

Malarky92

TF Buzz
If you are looking for basic cards from city, there is no such benefit. Their reward system isn’t the best
You won’t be missing much, however if you still plan to apply ; please use my referral Code techB766FF
I already have 2 Axis Bank credit cards (Flipkart and MyZone) and will be applying for Ace in March.

My worry is will this Citi bank card be counted as my 3rd Axis credit card since Citi bank's credit card department is sold.

Requesting your advice.

metal_heart

TF Premier
Well, there hasn't been any communication this regard, but hopefully that policy may get revised has many ppl have 3 Axis and Citi Cards
Also, Post merger there might be changes in benefits/rewards and may happen that Citi/Axis overlap and you prefer to close either

wolfdalalstreet

TF Premier
I work in Wipro (Corporate IT) and got a call today saying they are offering LTF for corporate employees.
Did you get Citi Rewards LTF? I got a call today from Citi and they are offering Citi Rewards but have a rider of Rs. 1000/- annual fees unless Rs. 30000/- annual spend. I asked them for a vanilla LTF without any rider and they said no.

MOhit __

TF Ace
Contributor
Hi all,

Hope you are doing well.

I am actually being offered a LTF Citi Bank Rewards Credit card.

My worry is will this Citi bank card be counted as my 3rd Axis credit card since Citi bank's credit card department is sold to Axis?

Requesting your advice.

Thanks,
Shreyash Panchal.
No, its still citibank so you apply for card, next you apply for ace card, means 3 axis and one citi, after merger of citibank, citi card will be closed or you will get new card like select or any other card

vaibhavpp0707

TF Premier
I have 3 Axis credit cards and Citi rewards credit card. I m holding it from last 1 year. I called customer care and asked them to make it LTF. They said it can't be LTF. and they retainted me by crediting 1k ₹ in card account. got 1k in 10 working days. again called CC and asked to make it LTF. So they said u can swap it to LTF Citi Indian Oil. Use it for 1 month and again swap back to Citi rewards it will become LTF. So I followed same and now my Citi rewards is LTF. confirmed with customer care also.