• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Is it advisable to invest via smallcase?

vishwas2012

TF Neo
Is it advisable to invest via smallcase. I have some smallcases on radar like BM vision 2030 and niveshaay small and mid cap because past returns look good.
Has anyone used smallcase for investment? Wanted some discussion and views before starting the smallcase journey because initial investment amount ks big.

Is it advisable to invest via smallcase. I have some smallcases on radar like BM vision 2030 and niveshaay small and mid cap because past returns look good.
Has anyone used smallcase for investment? Wanted some discussion and views before starting the smallcase journey because initial investment amount ks big.
Yes, for me it has given very good returns. I invested in 3 smallcases - All weather(10%), Naked Trader(13%), and Value & Momentum(31%) - all weather for 2.5 years, other 2 from 2 years. The option to remove/add while rebalancing gives me much better control than MF -so opted for smallcases. Need to check on BM Vision 2030 and others.
Past returns will never confirm future returns though.

Are small cases better or index funds?
Both are very seperate products.
Index funds are no brainer investment.
Small cases are a bucket of stocks - reflected in your demat account, and you get greater flexibility at rebalancing than normal Mutual funds.
Which are better - very subjective question - depends on returns/ease of use/taxation etc.
For me personally, I like smallcases more than index funds.

cnishith1

TF Buzz
Not sure if anyone is still interested in this topic. Here are my two cents:

1. Smallcase is good if you are fairly new to Stocks.
2. There are ample free smallcases available. Depends on invidual situations if you are building an all stock portfolio or diversifying via different products.
3. Be aware of the Smallcase fees that are charged everytime you buy or rebalance the smallcases. Avoid smallcases which rebalance frequently as it will eat up a lot in your fees.
4. Look for smallcases with Long term consistent returns and dig deeper. Don't get lured by the marketing returns that they show.
5. I personally have invested in 4 smallcases: EQ & Gold (for stablity), Dividend Aristrocrats (for heavywieghts and consistent returns), ARQ Prime (for extra returns) and a Custom Small case (for own research and extra returns but v risky that I created myself with researched stocks).

Smallcase vs Index fund - Agree with Shrinit. Very diff products and not comparable. Smallcases have a lot of variety which may sometimes confuse people if you are new.