• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Axis Magnus Is encashing miles on TechnoFino safe?

Hisoka

TF Ace
Hey everyone. I’ve around 1.6L miles with me (including miles to come on Aug 10)

I’ve used my miles only for Vistara flights. And I don’t want to transfer so many points at once to Vistara as we don’t know what will happen to it after Air India merger.

I’ve seen people on threads exchanging points for cash for 50-60p/mile. My question is that how does it work? I know there’s a thread on TechnoFino called RML group but is that also safe?

What’s the guarantee that once I transfer my miles to that person’s account I’ll receive cash for that? Has anyone tried encashing their miles?

I just need little guidance here as to whether this step is safe or should I redeem all of them to Club Vistara. I know people transferring those points to Accor or SQ will squeeze out much more value than me.

Thanks

vishnucn

TF Buzz
VIP Lounge
It is better to transfer to accor as 2000 points gives you 40 euro (3600rs) value, if you encash it you will get a maximum of 1000 rs for 2000 points

chasni

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
Hey everyone. I’ve around 1.6L miles with me (including miles to come on Aug 10)

I’ve used my miles only for Vistara flights. And I don’t want to transfer so many points at once to Vistara as we don’t know what will happen to it after Air India merger.

I’ve seen people on threads exchanging points for cash for 50-60p/mile. My question is that how does it work? I know there’s a thread on TechnoFino called RML group but is that also safe?

What’s the guarantee that once I transfer my miles to that person’s account I’ll receive cash for that? Has anyone tried encashing their miles?

I just need little guidance here as to whether this step is safe or should I redeem all of them to Club Vistara. I know people transferring those points to Accor or SQ will squeeze out much more value than me.

Thanks
Transfer to ITC or Accor. Enjoy a weekend with family at a 5-star property. A lot more relaxing than trying to figure out how to sell ER points.

Hisoka

TF Ace
Transfer to ITC or Accor. Enjoy a weekend with family at a 5-star property. A lot relaxing than trying to figure out how to sell ER points.
Is Accor worth it for one time use? I'll have to pay 12k points/year for the membership, only after that I'd be able to book hotels on Accor.

chasni

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
Is Accor worth it for one time use? I'll have to pay 12k points/year for the membership, only after that I'd be able to book hotels on Accor.
You can just sign up and get basic Classic membership (Free). Transfer your points and redeem. No need to buy paid membership if you don't want.

Edit: You don't need paid membership to redeem points.

Rkr

TF Legend
TF Family
Contributor

Thanks
Use RML group for secure and seamless and verified exchanges..

sxchzy

TF Legend
VIP Lounge

Thanks
include technofino as the escrow person.
he will take advance payment from the guy and wont release it to yu until the points are transferred to the buyers account.
also vistara had explicitly mentioned in a email that after the merger which is not yet certain due to cci hinderence nothing will change as in the reward redmption rate.
or else transfer to hotels like itc,accor,bonvy
or international partners like ethiad united

Hisoka

TF Ace
include technofino as the escrow person.
he will take advance payment from the guy and wont release it to yu until the points are transferred to the buyers account.
also vistara had explicitly mentioned in a email that after the merger which is not yet certain due to cci hinderence nothing will change as in the reward redmption rate.
or else transfer to hotels like itc,accor,bonvy
or international partners like ethiad united
Got it! But transferring points worth 20 flight tickets seems overkill to me 😅
Even I don't know how much time will it take to utilise these on Vistara alone

• Hehe
Reactions: Rkr

sxchzy

TF Legend
VIP Lounge
Got it! But transferring points worth 20 flight tickets seems overkill to me 😅
Even I don't know how much time will it take to utilise these on Vistara alone
then do partially to vistara
partially to united,ethiad
and rest to accor,itc,marriot.
also instead of selling here at 70 paise
transfer to your vistara acc and book tickets for your friends at 1:1 ratio

Hisoka

TF Ace
then do partially to vistara
partially to united,ethiad
and rest to accor,itc,marriot.
also instead of selling here at 70 paise
transfer to your vistara acc and book tickets for your friends at 1:1 ratio
Damn people are actually able to sell for 70p? I thought it's 60 max. Yeah your point is right, but they don't usually agree. If you just go with the price, there are better deals via Skyscanner or MMT. Also, CV points have soft expiry right? Like if I transfer points now I can extend the validity of all points by transferring some more points after few months, like Accor.

ak93

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
Damn people are actually able to sell for 70p? I thought it's 60 max. Yeah your point is right, but they don't usually agree. If you just go with the price, there are better deals via Skyscanner or MMT. Also, CV points have soft expiry right? Like if I transfer points now I can extend the validity of all points by transferring some more points after few months, like Accor.
70p per ER is actually a decent deal for people who are not going to use points. 1 ER = 0.8 CV, so even if you consider 1 CV = ₹1, selling ER at 70p would be 12.5% discount which you would usually get anyways if you book through third party websites.

Staying at ITC or Marriot just because you have points does not make sense to everyone when you can get cash and use it for cheaper hotels.