• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Is e-PAN accepted for vKYC?

CyberPsych

TF Ace
My PAN card number is worn off in my original PAN. Since I am no longer in the original address, I have requested address change through UTI and it is successfully completed. But when I try to reprint, it says "Reprint PAN card facility will be made available shortly for the case where Address is updated through eKYC mode". One of my who faced the same error said it will take 30-45 days time (?) to be able to reprint PAN. Over that it will take 7 days (?) to deliver. So, for banking purpose like credit card, digital account opening, vKYC is mandatory and the banking pages will show "keep your original PAN with you". I have downloaded e-PAN card successfully. Even though e-PAN is as same as the original PAN, will all banks/agents accept e-PAN as valid without rejecting application? I have planned to take a print out of e-PAN and laminate it.

Attachments

• Image-44_17-10-23_12-08-05.png
    Image-44_17-10-23_12-08-05.png
    11.7 KB · Views: 65
  • Image-43_17-10-23_12-03-07.jpg
    Image-43_17-10-23_12-03-07.jpg
    190.9 KB · Views: 65

4uziaul

TF Pioneer
Contributor
My PAN card number is worn off in my original PAN. Since I am no longer in the original address, I have requested address change through UTI and it is successfully completed. But when I try to reprint, it says "Reprint PAN card facility will be made available shortly for the case where Address is updated through eKYC mode". One of my who faced the same error said it will take 30-45 days time (?) to be able to reprint PAN. Over that it will take 7 days (?) to deliver. So, for banking purpose like credit card, digital account opening, vKYC is mandatory and the banking pages will show "keep your original PAN with you". I have downloaded e-PAN card successfully. Even though e-PAN is as same as the original PAN, will all banks/agents accept e-PAN as valid without rejecting application? I have planned to take a print out of e-PAN and laminate it.
My brother has been using it when applying for a credit card, opening bank accounts, and even for VKYC, and so far, he hasn't faced any issues. So, it's acceptable. Also, he has laminated it.

xfactcc

TF Premier
E-Pan contains all the information of postal Pan and also looks the same minus the hologram instead has QR code. If you laminate it, better print it on PVC it is practically a Pan card. Same goes for e-Aadhaar and e-Epic card.

knight

TF Ace
In my experience, ICICI agent had said only physical pan card is allowed.

I had applied for Apay ICICI and left the application in mid before vKYC. ICICI called me to schedule vKYC and i had asked about vitual/E-Pan . He said only signed physical card is allowed.

Do let us know if it works for you.

snk

TF Neo
Same here. IDFC Credit card vKYC denied my e-PAN. I asked them to send a written communication that they don't accept ePAN. They disconnected the session. 🤷‍♀️

sudheerreddy

TF Premier
RML Group
My Experience with ICICI Saving Account VKYC and SBI Credit Card VKYC they didn't accept the E-Pan Card ( laminated )
So I applied for a PAN Reprint, which was delivered within 7 days.