• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Is Axis IOCL charging ₹10+GST fuel surcharge?

Paras Jain

TF Premier
Hi All, I recently did a fuel transaction with my IOCL Axis credit card. The amount was 390 but it became 401.8 after settlement which means I was cheged ₹10+18%GST fuel surcharge. Have they started charging a fixed amount? Or is this a glitch?

thanix

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
Please check what is your fuel surcharge waiver condition - whether it is 1% only for all transactions or does it include any fuel surcharge waiver. At least you got 1% waiver, many cards mandate minimum 400 transaction and below is not eligible for waiver.

Farhad sekh

TF Premier

NewUser

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
Hi All, I recently did a fuel transaction with my IOCL Axis credit card. The amount was 390 but it became 401.8 after settlement which means I was cheged ₹10+18%GST fuel surcharge. Have they started charging a fixed amount? Or is this a glitch?
Same happened with me. ₹10+GST charged, and 1% reversed. Check this: https://www.technofino.in/community/threads/axis-bank-indian-oil-credit-card-ltf.4031/post-83842

For reason regarding this behavior, @Farhad sekh has given an apt reply above. The link in this post covers the entire thing in detail.