• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Is Au Xcite Ace good?

mostlybong

TF Buzz
I mistakenly applied on Swipe up instead of normal application, and was offered Xcite ace and now I have a lead ID which only leads me to that credit card on entering my details.

I wanted to know,

1. In case I don't get zenith or Zenith+, is Xcite ace a good card otherwise? How does it compare to Altura+ or Vetta?

2. How is Xcite ace compared to Au Lit?

3. I also saw some threads saying that basic Xcite is better than ace and ultra. Is that so? If yes, how?

I am so confused.

4. Also will I not be able to apply for normal AU cards before this lead expires in 6 months? 😐

helloworld

TF Legend
1. Much much better compared to Altura+ or Vetta. But that depends on what you're looking from this card.

2. One is pure lifetime free and provide upto 3% where as other is subscription based and need to spend atleast 2000k+ annual to get better cashback. But that depends on where you want to spend on this card and monthly spend requirement.

3. Depends on the person usage and requirements, if another card is not good then company don't need to provide them, right? there are some benefits here, some benefits there etc. which differentiate these cards. 2 of them reward cards, 1 of them cashback cards, so comparison itself is unfair.

And one provide better rewards for grocery, other for international, and other for upto 20k. You should ask this question on that thread for better clarity, might provide some useful insights. But all of this matter based on which categories you want to spent using these cards and your preferred redemption.

4. XCite currently has best cards from AU. And FYI these are not co-brand cards, these are normal AU cards only.

Last, know your requirment, apprx. monthly spends, preferred redemption method and available options in these cards, if spent on specific categories preferred redemption % on those cards, and If all good then finally 'Click Apply'.

mostlybong

TF Buzz
1. Much much better compared to Altura+ or Vetta. But that depends on what you're looking from this card.

2. One is pure lifetime free and provide upto 3% where as other is subscription based and need to spend atleast 2000k+ annual to get better cashback. But that depends on where you want to spend on this card and monthly spend requirement.

3. Depends on the person usage and requirements, if another card is not good then company don't need to provide them, right? there are some benefits here, some benefits there etc. which differentiate these cards. 2 of them reward cards, 1 of them cashback cards, so comparison itself is unfair.

And one provide better rewards for grocery, other for international, and other for upto 20k. You should ask this question on that thread for better clarity, might provide some useful insights. But all of this matter based on which categories you want to spent using these cards and your preferred redemption.

4. XCite currently has best cards from AU. And FYI these are not co-brand cards, these are normal AU cards only.

Last, know your requirment, apprx. monthly spends, preferred redemption method and available options in these cards, if spent on specific categories preferred redemption % on those cards, and If all good then finally 'Click Apply'.
Thank you so much for such a detailed reply. Actually I have 10 other cards and am just applying to add a AU bank card to my portfolio.
Also I read that Au bank rarely upgrades cards and has a 1 card policy. Also once you close a card you can never get one again from them.
So I want to make sure that I make the right choice. The best possible option in terms of rewards/benefits/cashback that I can get.

Calm Radiance

TF Premier
post devaluation, I'm planning to downgrade zenith to ace strictly because of 3% cashback. Took Zenith to pay rent and now Zenith has excluded rent, has redemption charges of 117 INR and I don't travel frequently to use lounge access, it's already taken care by my IDFC select debit card. Wondering what has zenith in it that I should not consider a downgrade. any thoughts folks?

Rahul098

TF Select
pick one:

ace - cashback, upto 25k = 3% (more spend - 0%)
utlra - rewards, online 2% and intl. 3%
I don't have any international spends and mostly my spends are offline and utilities payments ace seems to be a good ltf card for that. But the swipe up portal is showing only eligibility for the xcite ultra is there any other way to apply for the xcite ace specifically?

helloworld

TF Legend
I don't have any international spends and mostly my spends are offline and utilities payments ace seems to be a good ltf card for that. But the swipe up portal is showing only eligibility for the xcite ultra is there any other way to apply for the xcite ace specifically?
no. whatever it shows there only we pick.