• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

AU Xcite Ultra to Zenith

I applied for AU credit card using swipe up with HDFC DCB of 5L limits but got Xcite Ultra of 7.5L. I wanted Zenith hence I left the application next day agent called me & told me that please do vkyc after getting card you can upgrade for Zenith basis on employer. But now customer care is denying that no upgrade is possible from Xcite.

Please suggest

aayusharyan

TF Ace
Copy paste this. I just sent this to AU Bank!

EMAIL:
To:

Subject: Urgent: Severe Dissatisfaction and Unresolved Issues with Credit Card Account

Dear AU Bank Customer Service Team,

I hope this email finds you well. I am writing to express my extreme dissatisfaction and frustration regarding the numerous issues I have faced with my AU Bank credit card account.

Firstly, I was initially offered a credit limit of 5 lakh INR, as per the terms agreed upon during the application process. However, upon receiving the card, I was shocked to discover that the actual credit limit allocated to me is only 3.5 lakh INR. This significant discrepancy is unacceptable and goes against the terms we agreed upon.

Furthermore, during the application process, I was promised a lifetime free AU Zenith credit card. To my surprise, upon completion of the application, I found that I was issued an AU Xcite Ace credit card instead. This is a clear breach of trust and misrepresentation of the product I applied for.

Additionally, I have diligently reviewed my card statements and have not received any cashback as per the benefits associated with the AU Xcite Ace credit card, as advertised on your website under AU Swipe UP. This not only raises concerns about the transparency of the information provided but also questions the reliability of the services offered.

Despite multiple attempts to address these issues through various channels, I have been asked to wait for a resolution for six months. Regrettably, even after numerous communications and the passage of considerable time, none of the aforementioned problems have been rectified.

I am extremely disappointed and disgusted by the errors and inconsistencies in the services provided by AU Bank. As a valued customer, I expect the utmost professionalism and adherence to the commitments made during the application process.

I urge you to investigate these matters promptly and provide a comprehensive resolution to the problems I have highlighted. I insist on a clear and transparent explanation for the discrepancies in the credit limit, the change in the credit card type, and the non-receipt of cashback as promised.

If these matters are not addressed to my satisfaction within a reasonable timeframe, I may be compelled to escalate this issue to the relevant regulatory authorities and explore legal avenues to protect my rights as a consumer.

I trust that AU Bank takes this matter seriously and resolves it promptly to restore my confidence in your institution.

Sincerely,
Your name
(Registered Mobile Number)

UPDATE THE EMAIL AS PER YOUR NEED!
FYI:
I wish I had known this earlier. Very good template, I could have used this to send Email to PNB as they gave me very low credit limit than what was shown on the pre conditionally approved screen. However, I don't have those screenshots anymore. But maybe @Rkr can help others who apply for PNB and get less CL to try this approach once.

Last edited:

codenerd

TF Ace
I wish I had known this earlier. Very good template, I could have used this to send Email to PNB as they gave me very low credit limit than what was shown on the pre approved screen. However, I don't have those screenshots anymore. But maybe @Rkr can help others who apply for PNB and get less CL to try this approach once.
Thanks! This can be copy pasted, edited and reused for many occasions!

4uziaul

TF Pioneer
Contributor
I wish I had known this earlier. Very good template, I could have used this to send Email to PNB as they gave me very low credit limit than what was shown on the pre approved screen. However, I don't have those screenshots anymore. But maybe @Rkr can help others who apply for PNB and get less CL to try this approach once.
That was not pre-approved; in fact, it was conditionally approved. And we all know PNB gives a much lower limit than what is shown initially.

aayusharyan

TF Ace
That was not pre-approved; in fact, it was conditionally approved. And we all know PNB gives a much lower limit than what is shown initially.
It is commonly known does not mean it is correct. Right?
Unless some people have already tried this and didn't work. We don't know the result yet. Maybe it works, maybe it doesn't. No harm in trying, right?

4uziaul

TF Pioneer
Contributor
It is commonly known does not mean it is correct. Right?
Unless some people have already tried this and didn't work. We don't know the result yet. Maybe it works, maybe it doesn't. No harm in trying, right?
I never said it was right or wrong, and you are more than welcome to try. If it works, please don't forget to update us here. 🤭 However, stating that it was pre-approved was not correct, and I only pointed that out.

Reactions: Rkr

Rkr

TF Legend
TF Family
Contributor
I wish I had known this earlier. Very good template, I could have used this to send Email to PNB as they gave me very low credit limit than what was shown on the pre conditionally approved screen. However, I don't have those screenshots anymore. But maybe @Rkr can help others who apply for PNB and get less CL to try this approach once.
See if you go by their Tnc even conditinal approval may get rejection at later stages.How can we quote about the final limit ?
Use for 6 months and send them your income documents for review of limit.

Note-None of us go through the lenghty Tnc ,we just do check the box and proceed in hurry to submit the application .

codenerd

TF Ace
I’m on the same boat. I have never earned any cashback through AU Xcite ACE, bcz minimum spends we are not reaching. I have got 4.05L limit, seriously wanted to upgrade to another variant, waiting for 6 months period.

I occasionally use it for dominos
To my surprise, I saw cashback getting credited to my account today for the current month's spend of above 10K!!!
1703161765287.png
Got a cashback of 120rs but no idea about the calculation behind this. I havent spent more than 12-13k this month. But yeah! finally got a cashback on my Xcite Ace credit card.

pprakash11

TF Prestige
To my surprise, I saw cashback getting credited to my account today for the current month's spend of above 10K!!!
1703161765287.png
Got a cashback of 120rs but no idea about the calculation behind this. I havent spent more than 12-13k this month. But yeah! finally got a cashback on my Xcite Ace credit card.
Yeah I spent in last month around 30k using XCITE ACE.
Got ₹750 cashback.