• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Is Amex offering 200K reward points to new Platinum charge card customers?

1RC

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
Hey someone at work just told me that Amex is offering 200K joining bonus. Is this true? Has anyone received such offer? I rolled the dice with 135K offer but if they are inviting users at 200K then Amex at this point is very despo (remember your ex).

Looking forward to your comments.

1RC

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
No such news so far, 135K offer is still valid and today's the last date to apply for it.

Probably some confusion or an insider(doubtful).
I will be honest to you - the way banks operate, I know for sure they usually have "special perks" and roundabouts for customers they want to onboard. I have lost faith because even I have benefited from perks which some of the members here won't have access to.

So I am sure the person who told me about (higher up in the firm food chain) is getting such onboarding offer.

1RC

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
Alright I just checked with the MD who received this offer. She is being upgraded from Gold corporate to Platinum and Yes they are offering 200K reward points.

Her Gold Corp card is US variant, which is now being moved to India and Amex India is offering 200K. I can confirm!

coolguy1

TF Ace
Contributor
VIP Lounge
Alright I just checked with the MD who received this offer. She is being upgraded from Gold corporate to Platinum and Yes they are offering 200K reward points.

Her Gold Corp card is US variant, which is now being moved to India and Amex India is offering 200K. I can confirm!
Seems like an exceptional case and as multi-country variants are involved.

If both the cards were India based, the value would have been much lesser!

1RC

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
I understood the entire thing:

1) US Gold Corp card is being upgraded to Plat @200K
2) US Plat is being moved to India Plat keeping the all the existing MR points. She has ~480k of MR points.

shashankrt

TF Premier
I understood the entire thing:

1) US Gold Corp card is being upgraded to Plat @200K
2) US Plat is being moved to India Plat keeping the all the existing MR points. She has ~480k of MR points.
No wonder they are offering 200k points. Her existing MRs are getting massively devalued. India amex MR are half the value of US MR