• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

International flight insurance (via TravelEdge?)

VGisHere

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
I recently booked flight via TravelEdge. It was smooth experience, however, I noticed that travel edge doesn't provide option (or not sure if I missed it) for insurance unlike other platforms which offer flight insurance at nominal cost.

So I went ahead to check for available insurance options, but those options are actually full travel insurance and not merely flight insurance, and the cost associated is a big one (almost 25% of ticket price)

Hence, needed some insights on if/how should I proceed for flight insurance (which primarily includes stuff relating to only flight like delay, baggage, etc.) and should come at a nominal cost (<10% of ticket price)!

PS: I'm actually planning to buy travel/medical insurance separately from the country I'm visiting (as I have heard experiences from people that availing destination bought insurance is much easier than availing the travel insurance bought from home country, albeit it would cost slightly more)!