• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Indian Bank Credit Card Application

Walter White

TF Legend
VIP Lounge
Has anyone been able to get an Indian Bank Credit Card using the online portal?

Planning to get a Rupay Select Card (annual fee 250 from 2nd year, waived off on spends of 50000). But I don't think I have the patience or the energy to visit the branch (they accept C2C for offline applications).

Also, Do we get points for UPI transactions?

aayusharyan

TF Ace
I did only one transaction of ₹175 through UPI just after I received the card. And made equal payment the same day through CRED. I also received the confirmation of the payment on the same day from the Indian bank.

I remember that I had checked the available limit after the UPI transaction and it had showed total CL minus ₹175. After the payment settled, it was restored to the total CL as expected.

Another ₹1 payment was made to the card when I saved the card to one third party app.

Now the monthly statement/bill has been recieved. It has no mention of that ₹175 debit transaction. But has mention of two credit transactions (₹175 and ₹1) and the total amount due is ₹176, minimum amount due is ₹0

Shouldn't it have been 'minus' ₹176 (₹ -176)?

Note: I don't remember whether I had checked the transactions on the app/inb before the statement generation.
Sometimes bank add the 'Cr' in front of total amount due instead of using minus sybmol. Check, that maybe the case with Indian Bank. Another sign is 0 minimum amount Due. Maybe it is in minus... But you will know better. So, check a bit more carefully.

For reference, this is what BOB does when the balance is in negative:
1701104430991.png

chandra.prakash

TF Premier
Has anyone been able to get an Indian Bank Credit Card using the online portal?

Planning to get a Rupay Select Card (annual fee 250 from 2nd year, waived off on spends of 50000). But I don't think I have the patience or the energy to visit the branch (they accept C2C for offline applications).

Also, Do we get points for UPI transactions?
I got it with online process

Sourabh_13

TF Premier
Sometimes bank add the 'Cr' in front of total amount due instead of using minus sybmol. Check, that maybe the case with Indian Bank. Another sign is 0 minimum amount Due. Maybe it is in minus... But you will know better. So, check a bit more carefully.

For reference, this is what BOB does when the balance is in negative:
1701104430991.png
No such mention. Attaching the screenshot from the statement.

I brought to the bank's notice the missing ₹175 debit transaction. But they are saying their system doesn't show any such transaction. I confirmed with the person to whom I had sent the money. He showed his transaction statement to me and the ₹175 credit entry is there.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2023-12-10-11-27-05-371-edit_com.google.android.apps.docs.jpg
    Screenshot_2023-12-10-11-27-05-371-edit_com.google.android.apps.docs.jpg
    60.2 KB · Views: 25

aayusharyan

TF Ace
No such mention. Attaching the screenshot from the statement.

I brought to the bank's notice the missing ₹175 debit transaction. But they are saying their system doesn't show any such transaction. I confirmed with the person to whom I had sent the money. He showed his transaction statement to me and the ₹175 credit entry is there.
It seems you found a UCO bank like Loophole.