• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

IDFC Wow Credit Card

varun__goel_

TF Legend
Wanted to get a secured credit card for my mother as she have very low cibil score and IDFC Wow looks good. Wanted to know how has been fellow member's experience with this, who do not hold IDFC savings acc.
1. The onboarding experience.
2. Do we receive any LE offers like Kotak.
3. Interest earned is reinvested or credited to our acc?
4. Card cancellation experience (time the bank takes to return FD to our acc)

Solution
Wanted to get a secured credit card for my mother as she have very low cibil score and IDFC Wow looks good. Wanted to know how has been fellow member's experience with this, who do not hold IDFC savings acc.
1- smooth experience . minimal kyc
2- no l.e .kotak is one in industry
3- intrest earned credit or reinvest depend on what u choose .

4- card cancellation is smooth , fd amount within 7 working days .

Additional- after card close it still might see active for few months .in my case I had to request them to report...

plastikman

TF Ace
Contributor
VIP Lounge
@Chaitanya-a Enlighten kijiye.

Chaitanya-a

TF Prestige
Onboarding experience is good. No issues whatsoever.
No LE offer
Interest is reinvested
Just put the closure request they'll confirm it over call and the card will get closed within next few days.

Vasuki

TF Pioneer
Contributor
RML Group
VIP Lounge
Better go with Kotak .
Idfc has very strange policy in cc . You never know after taking thier fd card which century they will offer you unsecured card .
Reporting to cibil is too late ..
Better choose - kotak . But yeah kotak gives u limit enhancement best i have heard.
If u are from non service area u will get limit enhancement. If you are from serviceable area u will get card upgradation ..and
Even i heard if u from serviceable area fd will break after time and just get converted to unsecured if u used it like layman .

If she has icici account go for It .

varun__goel_

TF Legend
Better go with Kotak .
Idfc has very strange policy in cc . You never know after taking thier fd card which century they will offer you unsecured card .
Better choose - kotak . But yeah kotak gives u limit enhancement best i have heard.
If u are from non service area u will get limit enhancement. If you are from serviceable area u will get card upgradation ..and
Even i heard if u from serviceable area fd will break after time and just get converted to unsecured if u used it like layman .

My next question was just about this whether to go for kotak or idfc😂😆

Chaitanya-a

TF Prestige
Better go with Kotak .

I got unsecured Select CC after having Wow CC. You just have to apply again with unregistered number.

Vasuki

TF Pioneer
Contributor
RML Group
VIP Lounge
My next question was just about this whether to go for kotak or idfc😂😆
Just go with kotak u have good probability of getting LE & offer if serviable area.

With idfc u have possibility that u might get other card ..
Idfc algorithm is too immature
I got unsecured Select CC after having Wow CC. You just have to apply again with unregistered number.
Bro here people apply from various number only to get Idfc fd based card offer. Even with c2c and Good salary .
Getting idfc card via apply is like having Luck on steroids

Vasuki

TF Pioneer
Contributor
RML Group
VIP Lounge
Cibil is less than 700🙂
Take both the card . Idk what amount you planning ..
Idfc start with 2k .& Kotak 5 .

Do fd in both . One Which u can end in few month ..one which u won't close . & Just let it be dormant.
In 3 month ur cibil will jump to 750 around . Then u can choose for yourself

varun__goel_

TF Legend
Take both the card . Idk what amount you planning ..
Idfc start with 2k .& Kotak 5 .

Do fd in both . One Which u can end in few month ..one which u won't close . & Just let it be dormant.
In 3 month ur cibil will jump to 750 around . Then u can choose for yourself
Idfc has changed min amt to 5k now
Yes I will look into it, but I guess fd card with savings acc will be better for seamless experience...

Vasuki

TF Pioneer
Contributor
RML Group
VIP Lounge
Idfc has changed min amt to 5k now
Yes I will look into it, but I guess fd card with savings acc will be better for seamless experience...
With idfc it will be same experience .
As said earlier they don't have any relationship with saving account & cc.

If u have cc & call same thing . If u have saving account too

doraemon

TF Legend
Sorry for bumping old thread
I have a question yesterday I accidentally applied for idfc wow and got the card and they by default added UPI card which I don't needed and told me that I will be charged 236 something

I told them to close this card and now I got messaged that card is permanently blocked
In idfc app it's showing requested for closure on cards

So what will happen to my fd?
And cc?

Vasuki

TF Pioneer
Contributor
RML Group
VIP Lounge
Sorry for bumping old thread
I have a question yesterday I accidentally applied for idfc wow and got the card and they by default added UPI card which I don't needed and told me that I will be charged 236 something

I told them to close this card and now I got messaged that card is permanently blocked
In idfc app it's showing requested for closure on cards

So what will happen to my fd?
And cc?
99 is the fees right?
Whatever u closed.will be closed
Wow + fd will remain as they were