• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

IDFC has started to upgrade from Select to Wealth, easily by Card to Card

BeingPramod

TF Premier
I have IDFC select for about 2 years now with Only 1.65k Limit. Other cards having 4 plus limit. I am thinking to close my current card and apply with fresh application. Suggestion needed from you guys when I can apply the fresh card after closing current one.

BeingPramod

TF Premier
Well, if you're already closing your credit card,
I don't think it'd hurt to email them for a limit increase and upgrade. Attach your docs right there in the email.

If nothing happens, you may very well close
I have tried two times but after all these efforts of providing income proofs. they say because we can't increase the limit or upgrade the card. 1 month back they just increased the limit from 1.50k to 1.65k.

BeingPramod

TF Premier
First mail and see if they are agreeing to increase the limit and if not close the card. It will get closed within 7 working days. Once the card is closed, the next day try reapplying using another number
Yes, I am thinking to apply with a different number plus thinking of opening a 25k minimum balance account saving account. where I will keep 2lac to 3 lacs rupees for a few months until I get the wealth card offer. my confusion is whether should I open a saving account and wait for the offer. Or I just close my current card and apply with a fresh application with a different number? which will be a better option to get a wealth card with a good limit?

Harry1

TF Legend
VIP Lounge
Finally got IDFC first wealth card after long struggle. Here is my story.

I had much higher credit limit on other cards and income than what was required for wealth, but still got select card with less than 2L limit last year.

After 6 months or so, I raised request for card upgrade and submitted income documents. They increased limit to 4L, but didn't proceed for upgrade.

After 6 more months, I asked again for upgrade and submitted income documents. But again rejected and no limit increase.

I didn't get any auto limit crease in last few months like others got.

I again raised manual limit increase and card upgrade request 2 weeks back and again got declined.

At this point, I was frustrated and placed request for card closure. My plan was to apply fresh after 6 months, as I wasn't getting any positive response from customer care. Got permanently blocked message next day.

After 2 days got call from idfc saying i need to use the card to get upgrade. I told I already have much better cards like magnus and DCB, why will I spend on this card. I want to close the card, unless u provide upgrade.

She put me on hold, checked with her manager and then told she will raise request for upgrade, but first I need to give consent for unblock. I agreed and now 2 days later, I see wealth card in my app login🤣 (with same old 4L limit).

First premium card approved this year. Finally broke the jinx.
Card received, but unable to do any transaction. Getting declined even before going to OTP page.

Online transaction is enabled and pin is set.

BMR

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
I sent them the credit card statement of Magnus with a limit of 6.7 lac. Also sent them bank statement for salary credit. Now they need salary slips too. I am too lazy to give them anything anymore. Will just keep the card in the closet and use it only if a good offer comes out.

ARV

TF Ace
Contributor
VIP Lounge
I sent them the credit card statement of Magnus with a limit of 6.7 lac. Also sent them bank statement for salary credit. Now they need salary slips too. I am too lazy to give them anything anymore. Will just keep the card in the closet and use it only if a good offer comes out.
Same here
Let us know if they try to retain it and what offer they provide to retain.
Sure