• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

IDFC has started to upgrade from Select to Wealth, easily by Card to Card

cardwizard

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
Hi,

Idfc bank denied request for card to card basis. I m using infinia card limit is 15.50 lakh.

Please suggest.
I think regarding the card upgrade, everyone is having different experiences due to customer care guys. In my case, I just called customer care requesting for card upgrade and they themselves first asked about other cards I hold and then asked me to submit that card statement. I submitted it straight away and then he took it forward.
if it is not working in your case, I think you can try using ITR also once.

cm87

TF Buzz
Ok

I think regarding the card upgrade, everyone is having different experiences due to customer care guys. In my case, I just called customer care requesting for card upgrade and they themselves first asked about other cards I hold and then asked me to submit that card statement. I submitted it straight away and then he took it forward.
if it is not working in your case, I think you can try using ITR also once.

skvignesh

TF Premier
I am having classic card, rarely used got 15% limit increase today, limit 1.09L only .

Having hdfc card with better limit 3.9L, thinking to try for select card upgrade.

Is IDFC select card purely lifetime free? Or its spend based LTF?

It_is_Naruto

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
I used to have IDFC select and closed it in Feb23 since it was not being upgraded. I wish this was known or possible earlier.
Now will apply after the cooling period as a fresh card application.

iamvk

TF Premier
I used to have IDFC select and closed it in Feb23 since it was not being upgraded. I wish this was known or possible earlier.
Now will apply after the cooling period as a fresh card application.
If you have a different phone number, you can try. I did the same and got wealth card. Only thing I lied was salary. I put 5 lac salary when asked. Everything from there was smooth.

I want to apply IDFC select card for my father. What should be the best way to apply, Income basis or C2C? He has highest limit reported in cibil is 7.30 lakhs( ICICI APAY) and after that it's 5.07 lakhs( Yes Prosperity Edge) and a cibil score of 792 at the moment.

BMR

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
I tried using this trick and emailed them my magnus bills, but they are asking me for the last 3 salary slips instead of other credit card bills. My current limit is 80k (they gave it as pre-approved card in Aug 2022 without any documentation or cibil check). I have other cards that have limit of 8 lacs+

Should I just try initiating another email and hope that a different cc guy picks up the email and processes my request?

Also, do they do a CIBIL check for limit enhancement or card upgrade?

sreddy

TF Buzz
VIP Lounge
I tried using this trick and emailed them, but they are asking me for the last 3 salary slips instead of other credit card bills.

Should I just try initiating another email and hope that a different cc guy picks up the email and processes my request?

Also, do they do a CIBIL check for limit enhancement or card upgrade?
For me they didn't check CIBIL, i submitted ITR, payslips, bank statements and card statements. The limit was made to 5L first and card got upgraded. Surprisingly they didnt upgrade addon cards , sent a follow up e-mail. Let's see .

Reactions: BMR

Harry1

TF Legend
VIP Lounge
Finally got IDFC first wealth card after long struggle. Here is my story.

I had much higher credit limit on other cards and income than what was required for wealth, but still got select card with less than 2L limit last year.

After 6 months or so, I raised request for card upgrade and submitted income documents. They increased limit to 4L, but didn't proceed for upgrade.

After 6 more months, I asked again for upgrade and submitted income documents. But again rejected and no limit increase.

I didn't get any auto limit crease in last few months like others got.

I again raised manual limit increase and card upgrade request 2 weeks back and again got declined.

At this point, I was frustrated and placed request for card closure. My plan was to apply fresh after 6 months, as I wasn't getting any positive response from customer care. Got permanently blocked message next day.

After 2 days got call from idfc saying i need to use the card to get upgrade. I told I already have much better cards like magnus and DCB, why will I spend on this card. I want to close the card, unless u provide upgrade.

She put me on hold, checked with her manager and then told she will raise request for upgrade, but first I need to give consent for unblock. I agreed and now 2 days later, I see wealth card in my app login🤣 (with same old 4L limit).

First premium card approved this year. Finally broke the jinx.

Testcc

TF Buzz
Finally got IDFC first wealth card after long struggle. Here is my story.

I had much higher credit limit on other cards and income than what was required for wealth, but still got select card with less than 2L limit last year.

After 6 months or so, I raised request for card upgrade and submitted income documents. They increased limit to 4L, but didn't proceed for upgrade.

After 6 more months, I asked again for upgrade and submitted income documents. But again rejected and no limit increase.

I didn't get any auto limit crease in last few months like others got.

I again raised manual limit increase and card upgrade request 2 weeks back and again got declined.

At this point, I was frustrated and placed request for card closure. My plan was to apply fresh after 6 months, as I wasn't getting any positive response from customer care. Got permanently blocked message next day.

After 2 days got call from idfc saying i need to use the card to get upgrade. I told I already have much better cards like magnus and DCB, why will I spend on this card. I want to close the card, unless u provide upgrade.

She put me on hold, checked with her manager and then told she will raise request for upgrade, but first I need to give consent for unblock. I agreed and now 2 days later, I see wealth card in my app login🤣 (with same old 4L limit).

First premium card approved this year. Finally broke the jinx.
Good to see your story. This is the precise reason people are irritated IDFC. By default they provide Classic / Select, although many are eligible for Wealth based on Card to Card basis. If enquired through branch, they tell to open the account, but still no one provides assurance. Unless there is a assured way to get Wealth card (apart from opening the Wealth Management account), no point in going through all this upgrade hassle.

Last edited:

gabphe

TF Buzz
I'm having select card from last 2 years. last month applied for card upgrade to wealth through manual request. CC executive asked to send email with income documents, after sending they rejected request stating Internal Policies didn't matched

hemant89

TF Premier
I'm having select card from last 2 years. last month applied for card upgrade to wealth through manual request. CC executive asked to send email with income documents, after sending they rejected request stating Internal Policies didn't matches
Same story. I sent them income documents and they rejected my upgrade request. Did not even increase the limit.