• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

IDFC First Wealth Account eligibility requirement and benefits

Quantum

TF Premier
Hello,

IDFC website doesn't seem to list the eligibility criteria for opening an IDFC First Wealth Account.
From your recent first hand experience, could you please share the eligibility criteria?
Does the criteria need to be maintained throughout the lifetime of the Wealth account, similar to Axis Burgundy account, to avoid account downgrade?
Also, what credit cards one can expect or negotiate to get offered?
FYI, I'm not an existing IDFC customer.
Thanks!

Last edited:

sriteja

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
I have opened the idfc 10k MAB account ( hoping to upgrade it later to wealth) online yesterday. But still I couldn't see any RM assigned to my account. How much time does it take to assign an RM? Is it done automatically or should I need to to call branch to assign me an RM?

BTW, I have idfc wealth credit card also.

Cc_creditguy

TF Premier
I have opened the idfc 10k MAB account ( hoping to upgrade it later to wealth) online yesterday. But still I couldn't see any RM assigned to my account. How much time does it take to assign an RM? Is it done automatically or should I need to to call branch to assign me an RM?

BTW, I have idfc wealth credit card also.
Then why did you open the 10k man account. You would have received 0 balance sb account offer in WhatsApp..
Just wait for a day or two for the rm to be assigned.. it will be done automatically
Broo 🥲🥲. I even write a mail to idfc for my wealth credit card, but they said that it will only give based on my profile only 🥲🥲 any other suggestions and one more my idfc bank account got debit freeze how can I fix that

varun__goel_

TF Legend
Broo 🥲🥲. I even write a mail to idfc for my wealth credit card, but they said that it will only give based on my profile only 🥲🥲 any other suggestions and one more my idfc bank account got debit freeze how can I fix that
Just call customer care, it will be removed in few hours. I got it removed by contacting them at 3 am😂
So just give a call rn, they will just confirm your few latest txns

SSV

TF Pioneer
Contributor
VIP Lounge
I opened through 0 mab offer only. Trying to replicate your path to get idfc wealth.

Thanks will wait for 2 more days.
Okay nice .. you will get Virtual RM tomorrow itself, initially Mumbai walla comes, ask him immediately to upgrade to wealth by funding 10L, will be done in a day..
All the best

sriteja

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
nice .. you will get Virtual RM tomorrow itself, initially Mumbai walla comes, ask him immediately to upgrade to wealth by funding 10L, will be done in a day..
All the best
So I waited for 5 more days, but still didn't got any RM. I called IDFC Customer care, they asked me to visit branch to get RM assigned , but nearest idfc branch was very far from my town, I told the same to the customer care and she said she had raised a service request with branch and branch will contact me.

But today fortunately I had to go the place of IDFC branch for some other work, so I visited IDFC branch. I asked for wealth RM, but he was not there, so branch manager instead redirected me to select RM. I asked her about getting upgraded to wealth, and she contacted someone and told me that I need to maintain the 10L for around 3 months to get eligibility. I said my friends also got the same within a day, but she was saying like the process has changed now, and it can't happen now. I tried but she was not accepting to anything less than that .

Possible to share your RM contact details on DM? My branch RM seems to be no use.

SSV

TF Pioneer
Contributor
VIP Lounge
So I waited for 5 more days, but still didn't got any RM. I called IDFC Customer care, they asked me to visit branch to get RM assigned , but nearest idfc branch was very far from my town, I told the same to the customer care and she said she had raised a service request with branch and branch will contact me.

But today fortunately I had to go the place of IDFC branch for some other work, so I visited IDFC branch. I asked for wealth RM, but he was not there, so branch manager instead redirected me to select RM. I asked her about getting upgraded to wealth, and she contacted someone and told me that I need to maintain the 10L for around 3 months to get eligibility. I said my friends also got the same within a day, but she was saying like the process has changed now, and it can't happen now. I tried but she was not accepting to anything less than that .

Possible to share your RM contact details on DM? My branch RM seems to be no use.
okay , my RM who did this was a virtual RM from Mumbai. Please check your DM , I will send his contact .

SSV

TF Pioneer
Contributor
VIP Lounge
You RM told me same - need to maintain 10L first.

Any other way to get for 3- 5Lakhs IP.
Not that I am aware of.. for 3L to 5L.. IP.
I opened my Zero Balance SB account online with some 10K IP.. ..
the next day I contacted this guy and asked for Wealth upgrade for 5L..
He said he could not offer it for 5L.. insisted for 10L ... then I asked him if he could do Wealth upgrade on the same day then I would deposit 10L..
He agreed to that. and deal done.. and I withdrew all my 10L after 3 days.. Deal done.. case closed .. moved on...

What else you want ??

Last edited:

helloworld

TF Legend
Not that I am aware of.. for 3L to 5L.. IP.
I opened my Zero Balance SB account online with some 10K IP.. ..
the next day I contacted this guy and asked for Wealth upgrade for 5L..
He said he could not offer it for 5L.. insisted for 10L ... then I asked him if he could do Wealth upgrade on the same day then I would deposit 10L..
He agreed to that. and deal done.. and I withdrew all my 10L after 3 days.. Deal done.. case closed .. moved on...

What else you want ??

for a month, tried to upgrade Privy or Pioneer but all of them (4 branches, customer support and escalations) insisted me to visit physically to branch, and no option for online. Any idea about these programs for online upgradation?

• Hehe
Reactions: SSV

SSV

TF Pioneer
Contributor
VIP Lounge
for a month, tried to upgrade Privy or Pioneer but all of them (4 branches, customer support and escalations) insisted me to visit physically to branch, and no option for online. Any idea about these programs for online upgradation?
Unfotuantely , I am afraid I could not help you in this case..
I think you are talking about Kotak Banking programs for which I don't have any experience ..

helloworld

TF Legend
Unfotuantely , I am afraid I could not help you in this case..
I think you are talking about Kotak Banking programs for which I don't have any experience ..

yes, kotak and Indus. Both of them raised request with customer support to RMs but none of them able to upgrade through online. Will check IDFC and AU, seems like there is possibility to get these programs entirely online. Even HDFC has single click option to upgrade to online but these two banks still need face to face.

SSV

TF Pioneer
Contributor
VIP Lounge
yes, kotak and Indus. Both of them raised request with customer support to RMs but none of them able to upgrade through online. Will check IDFC and AU, seems like there is possibility to get these programs entirely online. Even HDFC has single click option to upgrade to online but these two banks still need face to face.
IDFC is a definite yes .. I have a contact who is a Virtaul RM, who did my Wealth upgrade on the same day when I funded 10L .. Let me know ..

techt

TF Legend
- First WM (useful one, also as IDFC has been great to me- shareholder, ASBA, HISA, Zero Fee Banking- specially DD, CC)
- Locker
- Pref Forex (If it really is competitive to IOB, SBI)

- Doorstep banking (if it works)
- Golf on DC xD
- VI DC
Thanks man you answered many of my queries I had