• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

IDFC First Bank launched its debit card reward system

Status
The first post in this thread is a WikiPost, and can be edited by anyone with the appropriate permissions.

TechnoFino

Founder
TF Family
Founder
Admin
IDFC First Bank launched its debit card reward system recently. Now you'll earn reward points for spending money using your IDFC First Bank debit card.
Reward portal link - https://www.firstrewards.com/

Screenshot_20230204_124537_Samsung Internet.jpg

Reward system for IDFC First Bank normal debit card-
2000 welcome reward points on IDFC First normal debit card transaction above Rs. 1000

Online transaction- earn 2 reward points for every Rs. 150 spend
Offline transaction- earn 1 reward point for every Rs. 150 spend
10X reward points (10 reward points per Rs. 150) for every Rs. 150 spent via debit card on incremental spends above Rs. 20,000 in a month.

IDFC First Bank Select debit card reward system-
4000 welcome reward points on first debit card transaction above Rs. 1000
Online transaction- earn 3 reward points for every Rs. 150 spend
Offline transaction- earn 2 reward point for every Rs. 150 spend
10X reward points (10 reward points per Rs. 150) for every Rs. 150 spent via debit card on incremental spends above Rs. 50,000 in a month.

IDFC First Bank Wealth debit card reward system-
8000 welcome reward points on first debit card transaction above Rs. 1000
Online transaction- earn 4 reward points for every Rs. 150 spend
Offline transaction- earn 3 reward point for every Rs. 150 spend
10X reward points (10 reward points per Rs. 150) for every Rs. 150 spent via debit card on incremental spends above Rs. 50,000 in a month.

IDFC First Bank Private debit card reward system-
20,000 welcome reward points on first debit card transaction above Rs. 1000
Online transaction- earn 6 reward points for every Rs. 150 spend
Offline transaction- earn 4 reward point for every Rs. 150 spend

Exclusions: Payment to Mutual Funds, Insurance, Financial Institutions, Security Brokers, Dealers, Wallet Uploads, Quasi Cash, ATM Withdrawals, Credit Card Payments and Account Transfers transactions are not a part of FIRST Rewards program, Please refer to the TnC page for specific Merchant Codes that are excluded.

1 reward point = Rs. 0.25

Note: You'll earn core reward points depending on your debit card variant, along with the 10X points.

A monthly reward point accrual capping will be applicable based on user’s program membership. (w.e.f. 1st December 2023)

Type of ProgramMonthly Point Capping
General8,000
Select30,000
Wealth50,000
Private5,00,000

How to redeem- You can redeem your reward points against gift vouchers, flight booking, recharge, etc.
Just click on "Redeem" and you'll see all the available options.
Link- https://www.firstrewards.com/user/burn

Reward Rate:-

IDFC First Bank Normal Debit Card-
Online- 0.33%
Offline- 0.17%
10X category- 1.67%
Incremental spends above Rs. 50,000: Online- 2%; Offline- 1.84%

IDFC First Bank Select Debit Card-
Online- 0.50%
Offline- 0.33%
10X category- 1.67%
Incremental spends above Rs. 50,000: Online- 2.17%; Offline- 2%

IDFC First Bank Wealth Debit Card-
Online- 0.67%
Offline- 0.50%
10X category- 1.67%
Incremental spends above Rs. 50,000: Online- 2.34%; Offline- 2.17%

IDFC First Bank Private Debit Card-
Online- 1%
Offline- 0.67%
10X category- 1.67%
Incremental spends above Rs. 50,000: Online- 2.67%; Offline- 2.34%

Update on 14th July: IDFC First Bank relaunched its debit card reward system on 14th July, 2023.
We've made the necessary changes in the article.

Update on 22 Dec, 2023: IDFC First Bank updated its debit card reward system on 1st Dec, 2023.
We've made the necessary changes in the article.

Last edited:

ak93

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
Hey guys I did some UCO bbps transaction on 06th November 2023 but I didn't get any rewards points so I called idfc first rewards team to verify it mcc
Today I get reply from that same transaction are eligible for rewards points kindly wait for completion of 14 working days.

So there is hope that we will get rewards points for transaction done upto 6th November 2023
They mentioned mcc code is 9399

Let's hope we will get reward points

Did you finally get points for these or not?

iamdhamo

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
Is there any tricks to get reward points for using idfc dc? They had patched wallet adding and paying cc. Any other loop hole left.

Sorry I couldn't search and get the answer in this thread and hence posted this as message

Abhay Chauhan

TF Premier
Guys my account is total freeze and stuck above 1 lakh rupees in it. Visited Branch but branch people are denying to unfreeze it and giving only option to close it. Account is total freeze due to heavy transactions on UPI but All transactions are made to self transfer means to self account.
They are also denying for verification as i opened account online and my home branch is around 20-30 km away from me so they are saying we can’t do verification so close it.

Any suggestions what to do?? Will it be unfreeze ? Will RBI be useful please give your valuable suggestions.

codenerd

TF Ace
Is anyone of you still getting 250 points for first bill payment of the month via IDFC app? I got it only for 1 month and since last 2-3 months its getting denied.

shenoyanil98

TF Select
Is anyone of you still getting 250 points for first bill payment of the month via IDFC app? I got it only for 1 month and since last 2-3 months its getting denied.
I was getting till November month but haven't got for the transactions done on the 1st of December, complained to the rewards team they are saying it could be some technical problem and we need to complain after 14 working days if not credited.
I asked what if we don't complain and she is coolly saying you will not get if you don't complain.

Vasuki

TF Pioneer
Contributor
RML Group
VIP Lounge
Guys my account is total freeze and stuck above 1 lakh rupees in it. Visited Branch but branch people are denying to unfreeze it and giving only option to close it. Account is total freeze due to heavy transactions on UPI but All transactions are made to self transfer means to self account.
They are also denying for verification as i opened account online and my home branch is around 20-30 km away from me so they are saying we can’t do verification so close it.

Any suggestions what to do?? Will it be unfreeze ? Will RBI be useful please give your valuable suggestions.
My account got freezed too .. but got unfreezed . You will receive mail & phone .. just verify that it was you.
Write on twitter/X .
They will register complaint and in one week it will all be done ✅.

This happens when u do too much circulation & then miss the call for verification ..
Mine happened too but for using dc on uco bbps website. & I missed the verification call.

Don't panic . Ur money is safe but it will take 2-3 to a week to fix
Add holidays too

Abhay Chauhan

TF Premier
My account got freezed too .. but got unfreezed . You will receive mail & phone .. just verify that it was you.
Write on twitter/X .
They will register complaint and in one week it will all be done ✅.

This happens when u do too much circulation & then miss the call for verification ..
Mine happened too but for using dc on uco bbps website. & I missed the verification call.

Don't panic . Ur money is safe but it will take 2-3 to a week to fix
Add holidays too
Bro this freeze is not like that, the freeze you are talking about is debit freeze means you did a transaction by debit card, and looks suspicious so they made a call for that verification which can easily be unfreezed online or by Twitter.
But they have marked my account as Total Freeze which can only unfreeze through Branch and Branch people are not cooperating they are asking me to close the account. They even don't want to do Verification to my home just want to go on easy path just by closing it.

Status
The first post in this thread is a WikiPost, and can be edited by anyone with the appropriate permissions.