• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

IDFC First Bank launched its debit card reward system

Status
The first post in this thread is a WikiPost, and can be edited by anyone with the appropriate permissions.

TechnoFino

Founder
TF Family
Founder
Admin
IDFC First Bank launched its debit card reward system recently. Now you'll earn reward points for spending money using your IDFC First Bank debit card.
Reward portal link - https://www.firstrewards.com/

Screenshot_20230204_124537_Samsung Internet.jpg

Reward system for IDFC First Bank normal debit card-
2000 welcome reward points on IDFC First normal debit card transaction above Rs. 1000

Online transaction- earn 2 reward points for every Rs. 150 spend
Offline transaction- earn 1 reward point for every Rs. 150 spend
10X reward points (10 reward points per Rs. 150) for every Rs. 150 spent via debit card on incremental spends above Rs. 20,000 in a month.

IDFC First Bank Select debit card reward system-
4000 welcome reward points on first debit card transaction above Rs. 1000
Online transaction- earn 3 reward points for every Rs. 150 spend
Offline transaction- earn 2 reward point for every Rs. 150 spend
10X reward points (10 reward points per Rs. 150) for every Rs. 150 spent via debit card on incremental spends above Rs. 50,000 in a month.

IDFC First Bank Wealth debit card reward system-
8000 welcome reward points on first debit card transaction above Rs. 1000
Online transaction- earn 4 reward points for every Rs. 150 spend
Offline transaction- earn 3 reward point for every Rs. 150 spend
10X reward points (10 reward points per Rs. 150) for every Rs. 150 spent via debit card on incremental spends above Rs. 50,000 in a month.

IDFC First Bank Private debit card reward system-
20,000 welcome reward points on first debit card transaction above Rs. 1000
Online transaction- earn 6 reward points for every Rs. 150 spend
Offline transaction- earn 4 reward point for every Rs. 150 spend

Exclusions: Payment to Mutual Funds, Insurance, Financial Institutions, Security Brokers, Dealers, Wallet Uploads, Quasi Cash, ATM Withdrawals, Credit Card Payments and Account Transfers transactions are not a part of FIRST Rewards program, Please refer to the TnC page for specific Merchant Codes that are excluded.

1 reward point = Rs. 0.25

Note: You'll earn core reward points depending on your debit card variant, along with the 10X points.

A monthly reward point accrual capping will be applicable based on user’s program membership. (w.e.f. 1st December 2023)

Type of ProgramMonthly Point Capping
General8,000
Select30,000
Wealth50,000
Private5,00,000

How to redeem- You can redeem your reward points against gift vouchers, flight booking, recharge, etc.
Just click on "Redeem" and you'll see all the available options.
Link- https://www.firstrewards.com/user/burn

These are the excluded mcc's. You won't receive any reward points for spending on these categories.

Merchant CodesMerchant Categories
6300INSURANCE SALES AND UNDERWRITING
6012FINANCIAL INSTITUTIONS - MERCHANDISE & SERVICES
6211SECURITY BROKERS/DEALERS
6051QUASI CASH
6540WALLET UPLOAD

Reward Rate:-

IDFC First Bank Normal Debit Card-
Online- 0.33%
Offline- 0.17%
10X category- 1.67%
Incremental spends above Rs. 50,000: Online- 2%; Offline- 1.84%

IDFC First Bank Select Debit Card-
Online- 0.50%
Offline- 0.33%
10X category- 1.67%
Incremental spends above Rs. 50,000: Online- 2.17%; Offline- 2%

IDFC First Bank Wealth Debit Card-
Online- 0.67%
Offline- 0.50%
10X category- 1.67%
Incremental spends above Rs. 50,000: Online- 2.34%; Offline- 2.17%

IDFC First Bank Private Debit Card-
Online- 1%
Offline- 0.67%
10X category- 1.67%
Incremental spends above Rs. 50,000: Online- 2.67%; Offline- 2.34%

Update on 14th July: IDFC First Bank relaunched its debit card reward system on 14th July, 2023.
We've made the necessary changes in the article.

Update on 22 Dec, 2023: IDFC First Bank updated its debit card reward system on 1st Dec, 2023.
We've made the necessary changes in the article.

Last edited by a moderator:

Ganeshraja

TF Buzz
Can someone share the Indus ind points break up ? Or correct me if it’s wrong what I put together.

Attachments

• IMG_0477.jpeg
    IMG_0477.jpeg
    63.7 KB · Views: 31

marvel

TF Premier
IDFC Freeze 🥶 Bank 🏦

Sasta nasha kar rakha hai ye log 🤣 abhi tak fix nahi kara hai 😹

@marvel bro waise kya kiye the ki freeze kar diya? UPI Txns? 😐

2 weeks physical form ke through A/c opening huwa tha kya?
No I did tried debit card transaction with sbi unipay which was kept on getting failed. I also did confirm it was genuine with idfc . Even after that I was able to upi transactions. I have a doubt that my account was frozen while enquiring about why these transactions failing with the cs cuz even after those failed debit card transactions I was able to do upi but after the cs call I am checking the account is frozen. I can't say for sure.

varun__goel_

TF Legend
No I did tried debit card transaction with sbi unipay which was kept on getting failed. I also did confirm it was genuine with idfc . Even after that I was able to upi transactions. I have a doubt that my account was frozen while enquiring about why these transactions failing with the cs cuz even after those failed debit card transactions I was able to do upi but after the cs call I am checking the account is frozen. I can't say for sure.
IG you opened last month, right?

marvel

TF Premier
I just have a doubt, in the first place debit card transactions for cc bill is not eligible for idfc rp right? So they will just fix this loophole in the future right?

Vasuki

TF Pioneer
Contributor
RML Group
VIP Lounge
I just have a doubt, in the first place debit card transactions for cc bill is not eligible for idfc rp right? So they will just fix this loophole in the future right?
Krne ko kuch Naya aa jeyega

November se fix aur new loop holes aa rhe hai

#aniket

TF Ace
It seems that the Customer Support Executive understood that such txns are unauthorised and took freezed your account to safeguard you.

But didn't he/she inform or ask your consent before freezing? Dumb CC!🤣

Fraud/ Unauthorised txn department CC & phone number are same in case of IDFC.

Genuinely, if someone attempts to report fraud or unauthorized transactions in the future, their balance will remain at zero until their phone connects. 🤣

Anyway, if it was freezed manually then it should get unfreezed soon even on phone call or max within 1 day, just pressurize them why the account got frozen without my consent and all. You have important txn to be done, you're not able to use your own money because of bank's fault. Try escalating it to Level 2 and Level 3 of grievance department.

And state, you will compelled to forward your complaint to BO, against deficiency in service and violation of RBI guidelines.

Last edited:

sm9811911

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
Hey guys if anyone know how long will it take to unfreeze after receiving this message. It's shown in the message that it will take 30 days but the cs is telling at most 3 days.
It gets active in 15 mins per my experience. Check if you are able to see your debit card in the app under accounts?

#aniket

TF Ace
Just depends on mcc. Sbi can change mcc any day.
Payment Network assign na? 😅

Or merchant itself?😐

Waise chalne do jab Tak chalta hai, SBI ne bhi sab cc bill payment ka option toh la diya lekin without test and trail live kar diya publicly and abhi tak sahi huwa nahi hai lagta hai and refund wagera and failure ka toh thread hi bana 🤣

varun__goel_

TF Legend
Payment Network assign na? 😅

Or merchant itself?😐

Waise chalne do jab Tak chalta hai, SBI ne bhi sab cc bill payment ka option toh la diya lekin without test and trail live kar diya publicly and abhi tak sahi huwa nahi hai lagta hai and refund wagera and failure ka toh thread hi bana 🤣
Sbi payment gateway vaalo se kabhi bhi naya gateway demand kr skta hai

Aur sbi ka khud ka payment gateway hai sbi unipay pe🌚

Status
The first post in this thread is a WikiPost, and can be edited by anyone with the appropriate permissions.