• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

IDFC First Bank Debit Card Charges from June 30 2022

TechnoFino

Founder
TF Family
Founder
Admin
Update-
IDFC First Bank decided to not to impose debit card annual fees to their existing customers.
But they'll charge their new customers for debit card. if you open IDFC First Bank account before June 30th, 2022 then you'll be considered as existing customer.

Effective from 30th june 2022, IDFC First Bank Visa Signature bebit card will carry an annual fees of 499+gst & Visa Classic 199+GST (Including Salary Accounts).

-7prki5.jpg

This is insane... IDFC Bank going to charge debit card annual fees from 25k maintenance account/salary account holders.
Official notice url- https://www.idfcfirstbank.com/notice-board

Last edited:

hriday.haria

TF Premier
@hriday.haria I opened 10k MAB account after your suggestion. Though will use this only as an emergency fund account. Should I be upgrading to 25K mab account? What benefits would it give?
No need to upgrade to 25k variant. The benefits are useful only if you plan to use it as your primary, like More Cash Withdrawal Amount, more lost card liability, etc.
If you are planning to use as emergency account, 10k variant is more than sufficient !
Refer the below image, if you find any worthy enough benefit to upgrade @raghavx

Note: Benefits like Air Insurance, Purchase protection etc. are only applicable if you have booked the tickets/products using the Debit Card, which most of us rarely do. Thought of mentioning it
1655830230645.png

Last edited:

raghavx

TF Select
No need to upgrade to 25k variant. The benefits are useful only if you plan to use it as your primary, like More Cash Withdrawal Amount, more lost card liability, etc.
If you are planning to use as emergency account, 10k variant is more than sufficient !
Refer the below image, if you find any worthy enough benefit to upgrade @raghavx

Note: Benefits like Air Insurance, Purchase protection etc. are only applicable if you have booked the tickets/products using the Debit Card, which most of us rarely do. Thought of mentioning it
1655830230645.png
So, I think I'll get these benefits with the HDFC Salary account. I should skip the upgrade!

Ankit Goyal

TF Buzz
VIP Lounge
I visited the IDFC bank today to open my 25k account. Asked the person there about debit card charges for new customers post 30th June. He said that it is free post 30th June also. There will be no charge

SC_23

TF Premier
Thanks for asking mate... Otherwise I would never know that they have goofed up. My account is linked with Aadhar but they have missed it somewhere for sure during their migration. And I see a " - " against my Aadhar and no option to change my Address
1655455320096.png
Got it fixed? any update ?

Last edited:

zealot

TF Premier
Thanks for asking mate... Otherwise I would never know that they have goofed up. My account is linked with Aadhar but they have missed it somewhere for sure during their migration. And I see a " - " against my Aadhar and no option to change my Address
1655455320096.png
same goes for me, There was no Aadhaar number

hriday.haria

TF Premier
can I go to any branch as my city don't have its branch and fill the downgrade form and just tick on do you need dc so "no" ?
You can go to any branch and fill the downgrade form. If you don't want a debit card, you have the option to choose " Do you have an existing DC? If no, do you want a DC ?" ... You can fill NO in both.

But if you have a existing DC, it will be blocked and a new one will be issued as per your savings category.
That is as per official communication.

To keep the existing one after downgrading account will be difficult.

StanRoute66

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
1655455320096.png
Nobody has their Aadhar Card Number mentioned in the net-banking .
So, dont worry . They dont show in net banking . Only PAN is shown .