• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Any other way to reduce Debit Card charges from ICICI other than upgrading to Gold account

Cloud

TF Buzz
apply for RuPay debit card but calling customer card, they'll first refuse but still insists them and ask them to raise service request for the same. Also ask for the service request number.

SC_23

TF Premier
apply for RuPay debit card but calling customer card, they'll first refuse but still insists them and ask them to raise service request for the same. Also ask for the service request number.
Will do bro btw I have already been charged for annual fees in March will I be charged again if I apply for Rupay?

Batmanbaba

TF Legend
if you are having salARY ACCOUNT ELSEWHERE.....shift it to icici and get the salary credited for straight 3 months...it will be convereted to salary account.....automatically or you can request in net banking....after that just do a neft or imps of 20000 plus in your account everymonth...bank software usually considers large neft or imps as salary credit.unless anybody manually checks that......then transfer that money back to any account you want..

this way u can keep salary account as long as you want....icici usually dont degrade salarty accounts...if there are regular transactions...even 2-3 pm wiil be good......to keep your salary account going.....salary account has no charges for anything in icici....

source....my branch manager..and some friends that I know....one is having gold salary account without any real salary credit from more than 5 years.......just neft one or two months gap and 2-3 transactions pm....mostly merchant transactions..like adding money to paytm via debit card..and transfer back to bank for free....

TheTrickySid

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
if you are having salARY ACCOUNT ELSEWHERE.....shift it to icici and get the salary credited for straight 3 months...it will be convereted to salary account.....automatically or you can request in net banking....after that just do a neft or imps of 20000 plus in your account everymonth...bank software usually considers large neft or imps as salary credit.unless anybody manually checks that......then transfer that money back to any account you want..

this way u can keep salary account as long as you want....icici usually dont degrade salarty accounts...if there are regular transactions...even 2-3 pm wiil be good......to keep your salary account going.....salary account has no charges for anything in icici....

source....my branch manager..and some friends that I know....one is having gold salary account without any real salary credit from more than 5 years.......just neft one or two months gap and 2-3 transactions pm....mostly merchant transactions..like adding money to paytm via debit card..and transfer back to bank for free....
Any way we can get this account without have any salary while opening??

Batmanbaba

TF Legend
Any way we can get this account without have any salary while opening??
no...you have to open regular account then get converted to salary account...in icici no documents required for conversion.only one month salary credit enough....that is verified manually so you cant fool with random neft or imps transfer......but for new salary account they require company id, employment letter from hr....

TheTrickySid

TF Ace
VIP Lounge

What should be the NEFT amount??

TF Ace
TF Family

Does this work for Axis/HDFC salary accounts? Any idea? 👀

TF Ace
TF Family
No hdfc and axis are very strict.. You have to submit company id card, employment letter.... Either at bank branch... Even for online upgrade you need to upload all these documents....
No, I am asking about the NEFT trick you mentioned for ICICI. Like if I hold salary account already in Axis/HDFC, but later change it. Will that NEFT trick work to still keep it's status as a salary account.

Batmanbaba

TF Legend
No, I am asking about the NEFT trick you mentioned for ICICI. Like if I hold salary account already in Axis/HDFC, but later change it. Will that NEFT trick work to still keep it's status as a salary account.
Yes..... If someone from your branch dont manually check the account and check for salary credit..which they don't do usually... They dont have that much of time... In small branches there is a possibility but not in main branch or big branches...but if you apply any product on basis of that salary account... Like credit card or loan.. They will surely check... ... Try to do this at the start of the month... Prefrably till 5th of any month....

Batmanbaba

TF Legend
I tried Rupay Platinum for my ICICI account as my platinum is about to expire. Initially, they refused but finally took the request.
Why are these banks reluctant on issuing RuPay debit cards? :unsure:
People only use it for airport lounges... Dont do much transactions.... Also visa and mc might guve more commission on tieup