• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

IDFC First Bank Debit Card Charges from June 30 2022

TechnoFino

Founder
TF Family
Founder
Admin
Update-
IDFC First Bank decided to not to impose debit card annual fees to their existing customers.
But they'll charge their new customers for debit card. if you open IDFC First Bank account before June 30th, 2022 then you'll be considered as existing customer.

Effective from 30th june 2022, IDFC First Bank Visa Signature bebit card will carry an annual fees of 499+gst & Visa Classic 199+GST (Including Salary Accounts).

-7prki5.jpg

This is insane... IDFC Bank going to charge debit card annual fees from 25k maintenance account/salary account holders.
Official notice url- https://www.idfcfirstbank.com/notice-board

Last edited:

StanRoute66

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
Effective from 30th june 2022, IDFC First Bank Visa Signature bebit card will carry an annual fees of 499+gst & Visa Classic 199+GST (Including Salary Accounts).

-7prki5.jpg

This is insane... IDFC Bank going to charge debit card annual fees from 25k maintenance account/salary account holders.
Official notice url- https://www.idfcfirstbank.com/notice-board
1654259187553.png
They Listen to the Customers !

hriday.haria

TF Premier
Bro is there any charge if I covert signature to platinum savings account?
No, there are no charges in particular.
But transaction limits go down ...
Meaning only few withdrawals free, few branch transactions, lower withdrawal limit etc
So if you exceed them later, you'll end up paying charges.

For detailed comparison, check out below link:

vibrant143

TF Select
VIP Lounge
One of my friends talked to his rm in idfc...... He has told that idfc has rolled back the decision to charge debit charges from existing accounts.... After the huge backlash... They might only charge to new customers after 30 june.... He said he was told by his regional head... Not confirmed news but clear notification possible after 1-2 days...
Today I got mail from idfc. The mail states that existing customer will continue to use debit card for zero annual fee and joining fee.

raj007

TF Premier
RML Group
VIP Lounge
No, there are no charges in particular.
But transaction limits go down ...
Meaning only few withdrawals free, few branch transactions, lower withdrawal limit etc
So if you exceed them later, you'll end up paying charges.

For detailed comparison, check out below link:
Oh okay, is there any limit that after a certain period form to be filled to downgrade from Signature to Platinum?

hriday.haria

TF Premier
Oh okay, is there any limit that after a certain period form to be filled to downgrade from Signature to Platinum?
No.
You can downgrade your account whenever you want. Only hassle is you'll have to visit the branch.
Just for your reference, the form looks something like this in case of IDFC

Attachments

• 1654281842539213706901948489736.jpg
    1654281842539213706901948489736.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 29

SC_23

TF Premier
1)Can any IDFC account holder confirm the process of changing communication address

Like in Kotak and Axis you can complete with OTP or we have to provide address proof

2) So anyone who opens account before 30th June will get LTF debit card ? And does it support Tap and pay through Gpay?

@hriday.haria can you help ?

Last edited:

AsB

TF Ace
I know Private Banks cannot be trusted. That's why at places where giving bank account details is important(like Mutual Fund houses, stock brokerages, etc.), I give my SBI account details only, so that I do not have to depend on private banks. Thus, even I am playing with the accounts of various private banks😂. I will dump IDFC as soon as I realise that it's benefits are not worth the cost of maintaining it.
You may not believe, but I do this exact same thing. Not even BoB. I use SBI for all such transactions

AsB

TF Ace
1) Is there any way in which I can know that my city is under their limits to provide a credit card?
2) If I go for 10k MAB account, will I get a credit card pre-approved (faster) ?
3) How long do they take to give pre-approved offer for 10k MAB accounts, as compared to 25k ?
4) If I open an account before 1 July, will I get free ATM Card? (Needs re-confirmation on this)

raghavx

TF Select
3 months back, I was thinking to close my IDFC Savings Account, but IDFC automatically upgraded my account to IDFC First Select Account. This put my decision in abeyance. I think the recent introduction of debit card charges does not cover my Select Debit card. So I am still holding on with my account, but with more alertness.
@mukundstud was it a 10k or 25k MAB account?