• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

IDFC First Bank Debit Card Charges from June 30 2022

TechnoFino

Founder
TF Family
Founder
Admin
Update-
IDFC First Bank decided to not to impose debit card annual fees to their existing customers.
But they'll charge their new customers for debit card. if you open IDFC First Bank account before June 30th, 2022 then you'll be considered as existing customer.

Effective from 30th june 2022, IDFC First Bank Visa Signature bebit card will carry an annual fees of 499+gst & Visa Classic 199+GST (Including Salary Accounts).

-7prki5.jpg

This is insane... IDFC Bank going to charge debit card annual fees from 25k maintenance account/salary account holders.
Official notice url- https://www.idfcfirstbank.com/notice-board

Last edited:

hriday.haria

TF Premier
Guys ... I have some bad news.
I just spoke to my RM today, he said all cards are going to be charged as per their earlier circular from 1 July 2022, they have not revoked the decision.
It is only removed from the Notice Board.
He advised me to close my Debit Card in case I do not use it.

AllSeeker

TF Ace
I just spoke to my RM today, he said all cards are going to be charged as per their earlier circular from 1 July 2022, they have not revoked the decision.
Can you ask if just permanently blocking the debit card from app works or not?

Souvik

TF Premier
My RM says that new accounts which would be opened from July onwards would have a debit card fee, but this logic does not make sense to me yet.

However, charging all cards from July is more rational to avoid complexity. Its really sad that these guys are already floundering market confidence.

Souvik

TF Premier
Do you have account at IDFC?
Unfortunately, very recently I fell for this IDFC trap (should have gone for IndusInd instead), and so yes I have a 25k account (opened online), trying to work with my RM to upgrade that to Wealth (after maintaining MAB).

But looks like RM's in IDFC has less command over the way things work and most of it is automated. Hoping to get a relief from debit card charges fiasco once my account moves to wealth. But one fine day I know they will start charging for wealth debit cards too :LOL: . Its just a race to the signal. Owning to the recent changes in interest rates, credit card devaluation, debit card charges blink and miss, this bank is not at all dependable.

I would strongly advise you do not think of IDFC as of now @anirbanm . Let the dust subside, sit on the fence for maybe next 6-9 months.

hriday.haria

TF Premier
This is good, I was liking IDFC app very much so I didn't want to throw a tantrum over debit card fees.

I guess don't need to shift to HDFC max for time being.
Yes. Even I am not. Though I did have a Issue with Debit card fees.
As it was issued as Zero Charges Initially.

And mind you, this has followed the devaluation of CCs and lowering of interest rate to 4 percent under 10 lakhs

AllSeeker

TF Ace
Yes. Even I am not. Though I did have a Issue with Debit card fees.
As it was issued as Zero Charges Initially.

And mind you, this has followed the devaluation of CCs and lowering of interest rate to 4 percent under 10 lakhs
Yes, those were bummers, IDFC has done great disservice to itself by devaluing its CC especially. I happen to have IDFC millennia and its seating in my cupboard now instead of my pockets.

hriday.haria

TF Premier
Yes, those were bummers, IDFC has done great disservice to itself by devaluing its CC especially. I happen to have IDFC millennia and its seating in my cupboard now instead of my pockets.
Exactly, same here. And I even redeemed all my points via Amazon GV.

Even if LTF, with devaluation the reward rate has gone down, and then redemption charges now.
It actually almost nullifies the value of reward rate ... Almost zero !

Even one card reward rate is low, but atleast they have good offers !