• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

IDFC First Bank Debit Card Charges from June 30 2022

TechnoFino

Founder
TF Family
Founder
Admin
Update-
IDFC First Bank decided to not to impose debit card annual fees to their existing customers.
But they'll charge their new customers for debit card. if you open IDFC First Bank account before June 30th, 2022 then you'll be considered as existing customer.

Effective from 30th june 2022, IDFC First Bank Visa Signature bebit card will carry an annual fees of 499+gst & Visa Classic 199+GST (Including Salary Accounts).

-7prki5.jpg

This is insane... IDFC Bank going to charge debit card annual fees from 25k maintenance account/salary account holders.
Official notice url- https://www.idfcfirstbank.com/notice-board

Last edited:

devmallya

TF Select
VIP Lounge
From their site - “Without prejudice to the Bank’s right to cancel, suspend or terminate the use of ATM/Debit Card at its own discretion, the Customer may voluntarily request the Bank to cancel the ATM/Debit Card by blocking the ATM/Debit Card, cutting the ATM/Debit Card in half and returning the same to the Bank for cancellation. Upon receipt of advice/instructions from the Holder, the Bank shall cancel the ATM/Debit Card and PIN”

devmallya

TF Select
VIP Lounge
IDFC’s customer service is decent enough (at least for now), that you can probably request them to cancel/not re-issue through a support ticket online without returning the card itself after blocking. Best to confirm with bank after blocking to be on the safe side.

devmallya

TF Select
VIP Lounge
nope, which is why your mileage may vary. can only hope for the best. always better to get confirmation from the bank that no charges will be applied.

Bob78900

TF Premier
You have till June 30th. Open the account (it's almost immediate), get your debit card, set the UPI Pin and then permanently block :)
Okay that's fine. But i need for net banking. Is it compulsory to hold a debit card for using netbanking and mobile banking. Like we need in icici. If it is compulsory then the account is not for me

devmallya

TF Select
VIP Lounge
Okay that's fine. But i need for net banking. Is it compulsory to hold a debit card for using netbanking and mobile banking. Like we need in icici. If it is compulsory then the account is not for me
Nope, I use IDFC net and mobile banking extensively and never needed the card. It’s the best and simplest one I’ve ever used. Only ICICI has that idiotic grid authentication.

Bob78900

TF Premier
Nope, I use IDFC net and mobile banking extensively and never needed the card. It’s the best and simplest one I’ve ever used. Only ICICI has that idiotic grid authentication.
Yes that's the only reason i have to pay around 200 every year🥲 okay if i don't have to keep a debit card in idfc then I'll think of opening account thanks for the information ❤️

Souvik

TF Premier
One of my friends talked to his rm in idfc...... He has told that idfc has rolled back the decision to charge debit charges from existing accounts.... After the huge backlash... They might only charge to new customers after 30 june.... He said he was told by his regional head... Not confirmed news but clear notification possible after 1-2 days...
Sounds good to be true, however i wish it is.

AllSeeker

TF Ace
One of my friends talked to his rm in idfc...... He has told that idfc has rolled back the decision to charge debit charges from existing accounts.... After the huge backlash... They might only charge to new customers after 30 june.... He said he was told by his regional head... Not confirmed news but clear notification possible after 1-2 days...
I'll see in a week or so if I can go to branch, I'm yet to collect passbook for my a/c too.

hriday.haria

TF Premier
@Batmanbaba Yes you are correct. :love:

@TechnoFino They have removed it from the notice board too !

https://www.idfcfirstbank.com/notice-board