• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

IDFC First Bank Credit Cards Devalued - All IDFC First Credit Cards Are Affected

Swastik

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
The Best Decision GIF by Harlem
You know what ,I've been trying to get this card for couple of months ,sent mail twice with my Axis Magnus(5.1L) statement and ICICI Amazon Pay (6.1L) statement, and they've been denying me the upgrade ,

And today I'm just laughing inside 😂

Pollex

TF Premier
You know what ,I've been trying to get this card for couple of months ,sent mail twice with my Axis Magnus(5.1L) statement and ICICI Amazon Pay (6.1L) statement, and they've been denying me the upgrade ,

And today I'm just laughing inside 😂
they didn’t want the Swastik to be associated with more terrible stuff so they were protecting you.

Swastik

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
I do feel bad for all the current Wealth Card holders though

But this was expected ,an LTF card giving out Domestic & International Lounge and Spa without any spend requirements ,sounds too good to be true

Abhay Chauhan

TF Premier
My Opinion: After rent, imposing a surcharge on utility spends is becoming a trend among all credit card issuers. Don't be surprised to see all banks following this same option to reduce business spends on personal credit cards. Actually, this is a much better step than Yes Bank's approach. Allowing Rs. 20,000 per statement for utility spends without any fees is a decent cap for most credit card holders. This is the right way to tackle business spenders who pay factory/business utility bills using their personal credit cards.
Rent payments and Utility spends are two different things where as rent payments are totally been misused where as Utility Spends are quite normal. Many of the apps are using Utility MCC codes even though they are of different in nature.
Already Utility spends were given with less rewards rate by IDFC it's okk to even restrict that chillar reward after 20K spends but to impose 1 percent penalty not Utility charges is making this card even worse.
In my opinion this card is of no value as Axis. Penalty is a bad idea