• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

IDFC First Bank Credit Cards Devalued - All IDFC First Credit Cards Are Affected

maheshspanicker

TF Premier
Don't mind the utility charges for above 20000 transactions. Much smarter than the stupidity from Yes Bank.
However, in 2022 April when I took th IDFC Select Card, it was giving, 3, 6 and 10 points for every hundred spend. Then it became 125, and now 150. Also, the 6x category is gone altogether as well. So there is a lot more to it than utility charges... Also, IDFC isn't giving much reason to spend above 20000 on the card, so lounge access practically useless...

raju1234

TF Neo
Le Me who opened IDFC account and deposited 10L to get wealth credit card 🤦🤷‍♂️ I am a regular air traveller and was really looking for a credit card with unlimited international lounge access like IDFC Wealth. 😭
Take It Credit Card GIF by Pudgy Penguins

Swastik

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
Really.... but IDFC Bank has not mentioned that in their brochure or website.
On a side note ,ICICI also gives railway lounge on Coral and MMT Cards ,I've got them ,no spend requirements

I've heard IRCTC Cards by SBI and BOB also give Railway lounge ,but you'll have to check for yourself, i don't have that

Problem is the list of available lounges are very small only Jaipur ,Delhi ,Ahmedabad, Kolkataand Coimbatore last i checked ,I'm hoping in near future IRCTC opens more lounges at bigger stations

iamdhamo

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
With these devaluation is it worth to upgrade to wealth from select? I was thinking to upgrade but I doubt if it's of use

Swastik

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
With these devaluation is it worth to upgrade to wealth from select? I was thinking to upgrade but I doubt if it's of use
The only reason i wanted to take up Wealth Card was for lounge & spa access ,but I've got better cards to spend 20k in a month then Wealth, so I'm out ,will stick to my Select Card(which i rarely use as such)

techno123

TF Buzz
Don't mind the utility charges for above 20000 transactions. Much smarter than the stupidity from Yes Bank.
However, in 2022 April when I took th IDFC Select Card, it was giving, 3, 6 and 10 points for every hundred spend. Then it became 125, and now 150. Also, the 6x category is gone altogether as well. So there is a lot more to it than utility charges... Also, IDFC isn't giving much reason to spend above 20000 on the card, so lounge access practically useless...
Does that mean for 10x at department stores 150 is minimum spend after 20000.

ssnthegenius

TF Premier
borderline cutoff.. utilities include many categories incl electricity, TV, Phone and others .. so for a family there maybe many who will cross it.. Tight one.. Not all will be business spends for many.. but not bad.. some logic used by IDFC..
Loopholes are still there. Order karo cancel karo Amazon se Pay karo

lightwaves

TF Premier
The only reason i wanted to take up Wealth Card was for lounge & spa access ,but I've got better cards to spend 20k in a month then Wealth, so I'm out ,will stick to my Select Card(which i rarely use as such)
can you mention the alternative cards? TIA