• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

ICICI Rubyx Amex card variant

srai98

TF Select
VIP Lounge
ICICI customer care told me that if a LTF Rubyx variant is changed from Visa/MC, the card will no longer be LTF.
At least, HDFC does variant change without such downgrade.
I got the variant change and was charged joining fee. Fought for sometime on mail & then escalated to RBI. Got a callback+ mail today that they'll reverse the charge & confirmed it's going to be LTF

Sreerag

TF Premier
Why do you want master varient of coral?
1. Mastercard has more offers than visa. Since coral is LTF for me, i would love it in mastercard variant.

2. Silly reason: mastercard logo has the same color scheme as coral cc so it would look better. (guys please don't judge me 😔)

3. I think there's spend based criteria for lounges unlike visa. Its on website but at a earlier post some members pointed out otherwise

It_is_Naruto

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
Rubyx Visa --> Rubyx MC + AMEX

I had Rubyx VISA variant(LTF) since april'23 only. I tried getting it by emailing or calling to customer care team and was told for Dual variant( MC + Amex), LTF status will not be provided and I have to apply again.
I tried my luck by sending DM to twitter handle "icicibank_cares" and requested for a dual variant. Second day of msg, I got the call and the executive asked why it is required and that he will check internally if LTF version can be provided. Day 4 I got the call again that the dual variant(LTF) has been approved and it will be sent in next 5 days. I got the email confirmation of the same also.
Well in my opinion, twitter handle team is more sensitive and reasonable. Do try with them. I hope it helps everyone.
p.s. - I don't have any account associated with ICICI, leave the salary one. Only association was APAY card and this Rubyx.

Last edited:

pprakash11

TF Prestige
H

I had Rubyx VISA variant(LTF) since april'23 only. I tried getting it by emailing or calling to customer care team and was told for Dual variant( MC + Amex), LTF status will not be provided and I have to apply again.
I tried my luck by sending DM to twitter handle "icicicares" and requested for a dual variant. Second day of msg, I got the call and the executive asked why it is required and that he will check internally if LTF version can be provided. Day 4 I got the call again that the dual variant(LTF) has been approved and it will be sent in next 5 days. I got the email confirmation of the same also.
Well in my opinion, twitter handle team is more sensitive and reasonable. Do try with them. I hope it helps everyone.
p.s. - I don't have any account associated with ICICI, leave the salary one. Only association was APAY card and this Rubyx.
How you got rubyx visa LTF then ?

Reaper

TF Select
Since I've salary account with ICICI, they offered me Rubyx card LTF and gave double variant card without me asking anything.
But there is not much exciting about these cards. Amex card give 2x reward points compared to MC card. No other benefits I see.
Is the 2x reward points for AMEX variant still applicable?
I guess the offer is now expired, can someone please confirm.

I tried my luck by sending DM to twitter handle "icicibank_cares" and requested for a dual variant. Second day of msg, I got the call and the executive asked why it is required and that he will check internally if LTF version can be provided. Day 4 I got the call again that the dual variant(LTF) has been approved and it will be sent in next 5 days. I got the email confirmation of the same also.
DId they close your visa variant? or is it still active?

devine_mortal

TF Premier
Recieved this offer on my email for Rubyx Amex version. It doesn't make any sense to me. Cx care too wasn't aware. Anyone else got this kinda offer?

Attachments

• Screenshot_20231013_143200_Spark.jpg
    Screenshot_20231013_143200_Spark.jpg
    216.9 KB · Views: 46

Reaper

TF Select
Recieved this offer on my email for Rubyx Amex version. It doesn't make any sense to me. Cx care too wasn't aware. Anyone else got this kinda offer?
I didn't receive any such email but if this offer is true then it's amazing as it has been ages since ICICI released anything of this magnitude.
For me they have devalued AMEX rewards points from 4 rewards to 2 rewards per 100 spent.
Can you comment if you have been using your card occasionally or frequently?
1697286137950.png

devine_mortal

TF Premier
I didn't receive any such email but if this offer is true then it's amazing as it has been ages since ICICI released anything of this magnitude.
For me they have devalued AMEX rewards points from 4 rewards to 2 rewards per 100 spent.
Can you comment if you have been using your card occasionally or frequently?
1697286137950.png
Not at all.. I don't even remember the last time I used it.