• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

ICICI Rubyx Amex card variant

Tejo

TF Legend
Refer the below link for benefits

With Amex variant you also eligible for the following offers

Anarchronox

TF Buzz
VIP Lounge
ICICI customer care told me that if a LTF Rubyx variant is changed from Visa/MC, the card will no longer be LTF.
At least, HDFC does variant change without such downgrade.

saucy

TF Ace
I got Rubyx as LTF only. ICICI gave both MC and Amex Rubyx card with combined limit.
Directly? I tried applying for it, they said only visa is available - you would have to apply for amex card seperately.
Also what are the benefits of amex/mc card? Couldn't find much on the website

vikasbrb

TF Buzz
Directly? I tried applying for it, they said only visa is available - you would have to apply for amex card seperately.
Since I've salary account with ICICI, they offered me Rubyx card LTF and gave double variant card without me asking anything.
But there is not much exciting about these cards. Amex card give 2x reward points compared to MC card. No other benefits I see.

NOOBY

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
Both Amex and MC ban has been lifted long time ago

if they deny you face to face, then ask them to check with their Branch Manager or with CC RM.... they will surprisingly remember about selecting the dual variant option

bvc19296

TF Legend
TF Family
Contributor
VIP Lounge
ICICI is shy about issuing dual variant cards. Pre approved offers only have Visa variant. I called ICICI CC to convert my Visa Coral to MC but they refused saying it's not available
But they are issuing Coral Rupay cards if you escalate on Twitter. I am not sure of MC. I have tried for Rupay variant escalating on Twitter and received the Dual card.

Sreerag

TF Premier
But they are issuing Coral Rupay cards if you escalate on Twitter. I am not sure of MC. I have tried for Rupay variant escalating on Twitter and received the Dual card.
Actually Coral RuPay is a seperate card than other Coral cards as per their system. It is categorised as different. Coral doesn't have dual variant.

Sreerag

TF Premier
Recieved Dual coral? How? Visa and rupay?
He earlier had Coral Visa and then applied for Coral RuPay. The bank categorizes them as different that's why the 1st card was not closed. However, if you try to get Coral MC (not being issued rn) then your Coral Visa will be closed. Hovewer, RuPay variants of Rubyx, Sapphiro and Emeralde has not been announced.

Rubyx and Sapphiro's debit variants have launched way back. Anyone tried it? credit-card-icici-bank.jpg

bvc19296

TF Legend
TF Family
Contributor
VIP Lounge
He earlier had Coral Visa and then applied for Coral RuPay. The bank categorizes them as different that's why the 1st card was not closed. However, if you try to get Coral MC (not being issued rn) then your Coral Visa will be closed. Hovewer, RuPay variants of Rubyx, Sapphiro and Emeralde has not been announced.

Rubyx and Sapphiro's debit variants have launched way back. Anyone tried it? credit-card-icici-bank.jpg
Even though they have displayed and launched these cards somewhere in the past, only Coral Rupay is available for customers. They might follow once Coral Rupay goes live on UPI. Rubyx, Emeralde, Sapphiro Emirates Visa cards got introduced but Rupay variants of these GemStone cards are not available as of now. As you said Debit cards launched, need to know someone from the community uses them or not.