• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

ICICI Rubyx Amex card variant

cardio_guy

TF Ace
I have coral rupay and Sapphiro visa cards. Both are shared limit I guess.
Is it worth taking rubyx as well? Any additional advantage other than just keeping it in collection? (Also do they give mc + amex variant for rubyx these days?)

pprakash11

TF Prestige
I have coral rupay and Sapphiro visa cards. Both are shared limit I guess.
Is it worth taking rubyx as well? Any additional advantage other than just keeping it in collection? (Also do they give mc + amex variant for rubyx these days?)
yes they give Rubyx MC + AMEX.
but that will cost you a cibil hit - then LTF(if sal > 1L)
if you donot want cibil hit- then it will be paid via customer care call centre.

Reactions: Neo

WandereR

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
He earlier had Coral Visa and then applied for Coral RuPay. The bank categorizes them as different that's why the 1st card was not closed. However, if you try to get Coral MC (not being issued rn) then your Coral Visa will be closed. Hovewer, RuPay variants of Rubyx, Sapphiro and Emeralde has not been announced.

Rubyx and Sapphiro's debit variants have launched way back. Anyone tried it? credit-card-icici-bank.jpg
Those are Rupay Debit card. Rubyx is available on Rupay. Sapphiro & Emeralde credit card aren't available on rupay yet

Last edited:
Rubyx Visa --> Rubyx MC + AMEX

I had Rubyx VISA variant(LTF) since april'23 only. I tried getting it by emailing or calling to customer care team and was told for Dual variant( MC + Amex), LTF status will not be provided and I have to apply again.
I tried my luck by sending DM to twitter handle "icicibank_cares" and requested for a dual variant. Second day of msg, I got the call and the executive asked why it is required and that he will check internally if LTF version can be provided. Day 4 I got the call again that the dual variant(LTF) has been approved and it will be sent in next 5 days. I got the email confirmation of the same also.
Well in my opinion, twitter handle team is more sensitive and reasonable. Do try with them. I hope it helps everyone.
p.s. - I don't have any account associated with ICICI, leave the salary one. Only association was APAY card and this Rubyx.
After going through your message in this thread, I tried this and they denied saying your current salary of 45K needs to be 2x or 3x to be eligible for this card to be LTF for you which I think is pretty stupid reason. I'm eligible for these cards in my app, all I'm asking for it to be LTF, CX service agent politely declined, he wasn't rude but he said no. Can't say I'm not disappointed. All my ccs are Visas, I was really looking forward to have MC & AMEX in one go. But I guess not.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240428-134716.png
    Screenshot_20240428-134716.png
    34.4 KB · Views: 13

LimaT

TF Buzz
After going through your message in this thread, I tried this and they denied saying your current salary of 45K needs to be 2x or 3x to be eligible for this card to be LTF for you which I think is pretty stupid reason. I'm eligible for these cards in my app, all I'm asking for it to be LTF, CX service agent politely declined, he wasn't rude but he said no. Can't say I'm not disappointed. All my ccs are Visas, I was really looking forward to have MC & AMEX in one go. But I guess not.
Today, I got this. I am holding coral rupay. Is it worth upgrading to Rubyx.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2024-04-28-16-31-44-32_9c5d58cccb392c7574a8ddacf7cdd307.jpg
    Screenshot_2024-04-28-16-31-44-32_9c5d58cccb392c7574a8ddacf7cdd307.jpg
    188.3 KB · Views: 26

It_is_Naruto

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
Icici team is arrogant on a different level... they do have a salary criterion for all cards. Sorry this didn't work for you.

It_is_Naruto

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
Today, I got this. I am holding coral rupay. Is it worth upgrading to Rubyx.
you may consider the below( considering Ecom offers and rewards on similar levels):
Coral Rupay - UPI transactions
Rubyx Amex + MC - Amex partner offers, Way for upgrade to Sapphiro and other cards

You may try asking Rubyx in addition to Coral rupay.... will be the best

LimaT

TF Buzz
you may consider the below( considering Ecom offers and rewards on similar levels):
Coral Rupay - UPI transactions
Rubyx Amex + MC - Amex partner offers, Way for upgrade to Sapphiro and other cards

You may try asking Rubyx in addition to Coral rupay.... will be the best
Thanks brother, Upgraded for Rubyx. Regarding Coral Rupay, customer care said existing card will not be closed. So thats no issue for me. Additionally I have HDFC and Edge CSB for UPI.