• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

ICICI Credit Card ICICI CC UPGRADE PRE APPROVALS

PrinceHeart

TF Premier
Contributor
VIP Lounge
Here is what I am talking about the evidence that iScore is playing some role in the pre -approved offers' components..

Please go thru the above thread in entirety... and express your views...
No harm in having opposite views.. we are debating here the subject matter ...
What if the bank just gives you fancy scores, just like the name tags here "tf ace, tf premiers, etc. As this does have some use (to see post counts), but afterall its just a name tag, and got no real world value in tf.

Maybe the bank come up with this iscore thingy (maybe its about how many times you login to the app, or how many times you interact within the app, in a specific timeframe), just to get some people like yourself get busy with it, to keep you off-path from your real objective of getting emeralde metal 🤪

newinnov

TF Premier
What if the bank just gives you fancy scores, just like the name tags here "tf ace, tf premiers, etc. As this does have some use (to see post counts), but afterall its just a name tag, and got no real world value in tf.

Maybe the bank come up with this iscore thingy (maybe its about how many times you login to the app, or how many times you interact within the app, in a specific timeframe), just to get some people like yourself get busy with it, to keep you off-path from your real objective of getting emeralde metal 🤪
For me they does not display iscore in Discover section, I dont know why, but try to ask iPal whats iscore?
its purely financial! Not based on clicks / logins
It's fancy thing, but this fancy thing gives output of their internal algorithm! Which you cant check with other banks...

Last edited:
Reactions: SSV

PrinceHeart

TF Premier
Contributor
VIP Lounge
For me they does not display iscore in Discover section, I dont know why, but try to ask iPal whats iscore?
its purely financial! Not based on clicks / logins
It's fancy thing but thing fancy thing gives output of their internal algorithm! Which you cant check with other banks...
iBox, iGlass, iShoe, iScore, iBed, iPal... are names of what ?

Internal ho ya external, they are just names for some, and for others, its means a lot. Apna apna nazariya hai. Nothing much to crack here.

As for pre-approved offers from the bank, its very simple, use bank features, give them your money, get better cibil.

12th exams ke do din pahle kuch students actually din raat study karte hai, aur kuch log wo famous author ka kunji khojte hai pure city mein (jo ki already out of stock hota hai haha).

bigbyte

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
My wife has ICICI savings account and also a FD based Platinum Chip card since many years.
I checked her iScore is 90 and CIBIL is 810.
Till date no LTF Coral or any pre-approved credit card offer for her.
Can I request ICICI to convert her FD based cc to normal CC?

PrinceHeart

TF Premier
Contributor
VIP Lounge
My wife has ICICI savings account and also a FD based Platinum Chip card since many years.
For this I remember what an icici bank staff told me. Bank ko jab aapse paisa mil raha hai, wo kyu aapko free mein credit card dega ? I went to convert my 2 yrs paid emeralde to ltf, to bank staff ne mujhe directly ye bola tha.

I think the bank gives offers mostly to new customers. Old customers, they already have our money. They dont need to please us by giving us offers. They need to intice new customer, so the bank can get their money.

Last edited:

newinnov

TF Premier
iBox, iGlass, iShoe, iScore, iBed, iPal... are names of what ?

Internal ho ya external, they are just names for some, and for others, its means a lot. Apna apna nazariya hai. Nothing much to crack here.

As for pre-approved offers from the bank, its very simple, use bank features, give them your money, get better cibil.

12th exams ke do din pahle kuch students actually din raat study karte hai, aur kuch log wo famous author ka kunji khojte hai pure city mein (jo ki already out of stock hota hai haha).

Shreeman agar aap apni batayi philosophy follow karte to yaha is forum me nahi dikhate :D

newinnov

TF Premier
No upgrade offer too?
icici and axis are only bank, which gives upgrade on cc.

Nishan11

TF Ace
Contributor
VIP Lounge
Few weeks back, I twitted icici care for upgrade to emeralde/emeralde metal & i was contacted by their agent on call & he told that it's invite only. So you have to wait.

I have their platinum, sapphiro dual, mmt signature & amazon pay card with shared limit of 10 L.

SSV

TF Pioneer
Contributor
VIP Lounge

Very valid points there..
and I do consider all these and let me tell you I won’t get distracted by these little things in my life in general… the live example is my debut HDFC bank cc in the form of Infinia Metal LTF..
I waited for more than 8 months patiently, by not becoming their CC customer.. everything is out there in this forum .. not sure how long you have been following my posts.. @plastikman can have a word or two here…

Okay coming back to the subject…
I too used to think about iScore like that and I have been following this thing for the last 4 years or so…
The very first point:
iScore doesn’t dictate our pre approved offers terms…
It only plays a minor role , nevertheless a role…

ICICI had taken my feed back on iMobile in general and iScore was as also part of my feedback… although this has been part of their general business practices…nothing specific towards me or iScore…
Commercial organisations do it spend prolonged amount of time and energy and budget on fancy things..
They start exploring new ideas, products, services and spend reasonable amount of time and budget but once they realise that it is not yielding their perceived objectives, they dump that idea and move on.. and ICICI or for that matter any other top banks had experienced all these before…

Anyway come to short summary, they are persisting with this concept for some considerable amount of time and in the below case it is sort reflected as a real case scenario

Pleases feel free to express your views about this in that thread or here

Post in thread 'pre approved offer'
https://www.technofino.in/community/threads/pre-approved-offer.26411/post-637391

and also when I talked about iScore impact on pre approved offers...
It is just not about whether we get pre-approved offer or not.. and also it is just not about CCs only.

IScore is likely to play role in rate of interest offered, limits offered, seemless onboarding etc in the breadth of their Credit offerings..
It is just not about CCs only...

Last edited:

plastikman

TF Ace
Contributor
VIP Lounge
A very valid points there..
and I do consider all these and let me tell you I won’t get distracted by these little things in my life in general… the live example is my debut HDFC bank cc in the form of Infinia Meral LTF..
I waited for more than 8 months patiently, by not becoming their CC customer.. everything out there .. not sure how long you have been following my posts.. @plastikman can have a word or two here…

Okay coming back to the subject…
I too used to think about iScore like that and I have been following this thing for the last 4 years or so…
The very first point:
iScore doesn’t dictate our pre approved offers terms…
It only plays a minor role , nevertheless a role…

ICICI had taken my feed back on iMobile in general and iScore was as also part of my feedback… although this has been part of their general business practices…nothing specific towards me or iScore…
Commercial organisations do it spend prolonged amount of time and energy and budget on fancy things..
They start exploring new ideas, products, services and spend reasonable amount of time and budget but once they realise that it is not yielding their perceived objectives, they dump that idea and move on.. and ICICI or for that matter any other top banks had experienced all these before…

Anyway come to short summary, they are persisting with this concept for some considerable amount of time and in the below case it is sort reflected as a real case scenario

Pleases feel free to express your views about this in that thread or here

Post in thread 'pre approved offer'
https://www.technofino.in/community/threads/pre-approved-offer.26411/post-637391

and also when I talked about iScore impact on pre approved offers...
It is just not about whether we get pre-approved offer or not.. and also it is just not about CCs only.

IScore is likely to play role in rate of interest offered, limits offered, seemless onboarding etc in the breadth of their Credit offerings..
It is just not about CCs only...
Hi, thanks for the enlightening post about iScore. Frankly, I wasn't aware about the same as I only have CC accounts with ICICI and do not bank with them. I'll definitely read up more about it.

Reactions: SSV

iNokia

TF Premier
I haven't got any ltf offers. But one thing I noticed which could be a bug: on Android the Emerald card shows Visa platinum sticker. On netbanking and ios it shows Visa Infinite. On the same account.