• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

ICICI Credit Card ICICI CC UPGRADE PRE APPROVALS

SSV

TF Pioneer
Contributor
VIP Lounge
got fyf emeralde pvc in dec 23. Score started from 82 in jan 24. I think i Used cc for 3 lakhs in may and it fell to 70.

I have current account , term loan, od and all with them.

Okay...
Using CC and paying back in time in fact should increase the score , not decrease...

Not to worry anyway... you have very good relationship with them .. It will claim back...

But it is very interesting that you have some deep relationship with them still , you have sub par score..

In my view your score should be above 90...

Is your CIBIL less than 770?

Dr.Anand456

TF Buzz
iScore 84 but they are offering paid emerald since long back.
I believe Iscore isn't the only factor bank consider for pre-approved offers. My (iscore) is currently 47, and in December, it was even lower at 0. Despite this, I've been receiving pre-approved offers for the past eight months, including the paid tier of the Emerald credit card.
While a Iscore is a good indicator of your creditworthiness, it seems banks might also use other factors in their pre-approval process. It's just like credit score.

Reactions: SSV

SSV

TF Pioneer
Contributor
VIP Lounge
I believe Iscore isn't the only factor bank consider for pre-approved offers. My (iscore) is currently 47, and in December, it was even lower at 0. Despite this, I've been receiving pre-approved offers for the past eight months, including the paid tier of the Emerald credit card.
While a Iscore is a good indicator of your creditworthiness, it seems banks might also use other factors in their pre-approval process. It's just like credit score.
This is correct...

imdjay

TF Ace
Contributor
VIP Lounge
Stop discussing iScore. :ROFLMAO: This got stretched too long.
There is no relation between pre-approved cards and iScore. :ROFLMAO:

theflash

TF Premier
I got Rubix duel as LTF. I was not getting any upgrades on iOS, changed the sim to android and VOLA got the LTF offer and took it. Same happned with Coral LTF Rupay.

c6e90991-cf64-467d-aa56-f75883f81545.JPG
If we find some trick by which even if you don't have an offer and you get LTF upgrade it would be a great deal 🤣.

• Haha
Reactions: ARV

SSV

TF Pioneer
Contributor
VIP Lounge
Bcuse I got pre-approved offers for Emeralde then Rubyx LTF and a lot of other cards with the same iScore thing. I was regularly checking this for last 1-2 years.
Okay, that doesnt mean it doent have its role... you have some other factors that is being influenced in the process..

What is your complete ICICI relationship profile?
what is your iScore during this period?
What is your CIBIL score for these years??

I will show you proof that it has its role...

We are no way saying that iScore dictates pre - approved offers... what we are saying is it has its role amongst other factors in the determination of pre-approved offers' components.
I will talk about this components part a bit later...

imdjay

TF Ace
Contributor
VIP Lounge
Okay, that doesnt mean it doent have its role... you have some other factors that is being influenced in the process..

What is your complete ICICI relationship profile?
what is your iScore during this period?
What is your CIBIL score for these years??

I will show you proof that it has its role...

We are no way saying that iScore dictates pre - approved offers... what we are saying is it has its role amongst other factors in the determination of pre-approved offers' components.
I will talk about this components part a bit later...
Bro. I am tracking this for a very long time.
Believe me when I say it doesn't have any role, it does not have it.

ICICI preapproved offers are decided based on things like your profile, corporate tieups and your existing card.
Whereas iScore is purely based on what kind of relation you have with ICICI and what kind of transactions you do from your account.

Shin-Chan

TF Ace
Contributor
VIP Lounge

ICICI preapproved offers are decided based on things like your profile, corporate tieups and your existing card.
Whereas iScore is purely based on what kind of relation you have with ICICI and what kind of transactions you do from your account.
Sir, There is lot of noise in that as well I hold Coral, Rubyx and Sapphiro LTF and ICICI want me to pay for HPCL card that too forcefully.
When targets comes profiles and iScore everything go out of the window.

SSV

TF Pioneer
Contributor
VIP Lounge

I also used to believe it like that and I am also tracking this for 4 years..
They changed it recently how it works..
I am not sure you checked the descriptions of each components.

imdjay

TF Ace
Contributor
VIP Lounge
Sir, There is lot of noise in that as well I hold Coral, Rubyx and Sapphiro LTF and ICICI want me to pay for HPCL card that too forcefully.
When targets comes profiles and iScore everything go out of the window.
LTF upgrade is still a mystery. But they have changed their backend in the last month and hence a lot people received LTF upgrades.
It would be too soon to come to any conclusion. But I am 100% sure that iScore has no influence in this.

SSV

TF Pioneer
Contributor
VIP Lounge
Whereas iScore is purely based on what kind of relation you have with ICICI and what kind of transactions you do from your account
This is how the score was derived from..
That is what you are saying...

But what you are not addressing is; what are they doing with score?? Do you think they just doing it for some fancy thing?? T

Last edited:

SSV

TF Pioneer
Contributor
VIP Lounge

This is how the score was derived from..
That is what you are saying...

But what you are not addressing is; what are they doing with score?? Do you think they just doing it for some fancy thing?? T

Here is what I am talking about the evidence that iScore is playing some role in the pre -approved offers' components..

Please go thru the above thread in entirety... and express your views...
No harm in having opposite views.. we are debating here the subject matter ...

basant

TF Premier
Contributor
VIP Lounge
Okay...
Using CC and paying back in time in fact should increase the score , not decrease...

Not to worry anyway... you have very good relationship with them .. It will claim back...

But it is very interesting that you have some deep relationship with them still , you have sub par score..

In my view your score should be above 90...

Is your CIBIL less than 770?
My cibil is 782

Reactions: SSV

newinnov

TF Premier
Account holder 18 years. Last year with great difficulty they made hpcl as ltf.paid cc in netbanking.

Will try to check in another mobile since honor huwaei is npt compatible with imobile
How does icici convert paid to LTF via retention offer or there is any criteria?