• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

ICICI Bank Wealth Management Account

Sajid

TF Buzz
VIP Lounge
Why? What are advantages?
1. Hdfc is more aggressive in providing offers to the customers based on account usage regularly, where icici lacks this.
2. In Idfc they offer 5% p.a. interest on the savings account, so even parking funds in the savings account makes a great deal.

Icici wealth management is also a good option, but maintaining 25L TRV makes no sense for me.

nirsark

TF Premier
1. Hdfc is more aggressive in providing offers to the customers based on account usage regularly, where icici lacks this.
2. In Idfc they offer 5% p.a. interest on the savings account, so even parking funds in the savings account makes a great deal.

Icici wealth management is also a good option, but maintaining 25L TRV makes no sense for me.
Some users have reported that you do not need to maintain 25L TRV even. Some have availed it with 5-6L deposits also. It all depends on how your RM is (and how your convincing power is).

But anyways, the perks of ICICI Wealth are almost not that much re-assuring. (Pardon me: I wrote IDFC Wealth MISTAKENLY. Corrected to ICICI Wealth now)

Last edited:

dealsindia2018

TF Buzz
VIP Lounge
My ICICI account without any much banking relationship was upgraded to WEALTH ACCOUNT. I didn't even know about such product. My ICICI account was secondary account which I used only for UPI transactions by topping up as per my requirement over and above my AQB of ₹5000/-. I even today hardly maintain any balance with ICICI.

I feel my account was upgraded to WEALTH on basis of CREDIT score which I had checked using ICICI net banking.

Batmanbaba

TF Legend
My ICICI account without any much banking relationship was upgraded to WEALTH ACCOUNT. I didn't even know about such product. My ICICI account was secondary account which I used only for UPI transactions by topping up as per my requirement over and above my AQB of ₹5000/-. I even today hardly maintain any balance with ICICI.

I feel my account was upgraded to WEALTH on basis of CREDIT score which I had checked using ICICI net banking.
5000 Aqb means u have a acccount in semi urban branch....i though they provided this account only in urban and metro accounts....

Last edited:

Sub

TF Select
VIP Lounge
Some users have reported that you do not need to maintain 25L TRV even. Some have availed it with 5-6L deposits also. It all depends on how your RM is (and how your convincing power is).

But anyways, the perks of ICICI Wealth are almost not that much re-assuring. (Pardon me: I wrote IDFC Wealth MISTAKENLY. Corrected to ICICI Wealth now)
I maintain minimum balance and I have access to it. Makes the app looks good with dark mode, but that's pretty much the most I've used it ;-)

sumitkr85

TF Buzz
VIP Lounge
I maintain minimum balance and I have access to it. Makes the app looks good with dark mode, but that's pretty much the most I've used it ;-)
You can call customer care and apply for ICICI Bank MasterCard World debit card or ICICI bank wealth select visa infinite debit card and now ur MAB will be 0

Reactions: Sub

dealsindia2018

TF Buzz
VIP Lounge
You can also open new family account and get them added to wealth management program with Zero AQB.

There are special lounge in many branches and also dedicated WEATH MANAGEMENT BRANCH, where only such account holders are serviced.

No one else can use those branches

sampatir

TF Select
You can call customer care and apply for ICICI Bank MasterCard World debit card or ICICI bank wealth select visa infinite debit card and now ur MAB will be 0
could you pls elaborate more? icici was my first salary account but later moved to axis but when I recently ordered cheque book from icici and saw wealthaccount there. Then I checked MAB requirement and it is showing 0 though I have been maintaining above 10K. Can I get wealth select card?

sampatir

TF Select

exactly same case with me. Just checked that MAB is 0

sumitkr85

TF Buzz
VIP Lounge
could you pls elaborate more? icici was my first salary account but later moved to axis but when I recently ordered cheque book from icici and saw wealthaccount there. Then I checked MAB requirement and it is showing 0 though I have been maintaining above 10K. Can I get wealth select card?
You will get the MasterCard World Debit Card.

Benefilts:

Master Card World Benefits:

ashwink

TF Infinite
TF Family
Sr Moderator
Sadly new MasterCard is non issue able 😥 they will get Visa Infinite I believe
You will get the MasterCard World Debit Card.

Benefilts:

Master Card World Benefits:

Souvik

TF Premier

That's awesome, any significant benefits you've seen in ICICI Wealth Program.

I nowadays appreciate how IDFC, Bandhan bank is giving us more interest on higher balance savings compared to the spoiled big names.

Saving rate of 2.75% for us in India, however US was hovering near zero, and some EU countries had negative interest rate on savings as per my theoretical knowhow.

Last edited:

dealsindia2018

TF Buzz
VIP Lounge
Not much of a difference currently,
Only things is they have special branches/lounges for wealth management customers for priority banking.

Zero Balance of all such family accounts included in the program.

Premium debit card.

Still to use/identify more benefits as wealth management customer.

Souvik

TF Premier
Not much of a difference currently,
Only things is they have special branches/lounges for wealth management customers for priority banking.

Zero Balance of all such family accounts included in the program.

Premium debit card.

Still to use/identify more benefits as wealth management customer.
I thought so, observed ICICI over the years, not much to brag about.

Souvik

TF Premier
Yeah. They have a linked FD feature which I find very convenient. 5.45% interest rate.

BTW do other banks like HDFC as you mentioned, have similar features?
I am not really sure, but most banks nowadays have these, and to be fair and not to disappoint you, this feature is redundant if you're well aware of your finances.

You know your cash flows better, so you can perhaps book a FD better with a tenure you like and an amount you want to.......like 25000, 30000 for x years etc, unlike an automated system which makes an FD of an odd amount like 25634 for 1 year.

Depending upon how these FD's are done you may land up with multiple FD's of smaller but different amounts from time to time. I got my linked FD account closed and do my FD's myself, more so since now the interest rate differential between savings and FD has come down.

Maybe will look into it again when FD rates would touch 8% or so across the board.

1ishaan1

TF Neo
I was holding the World Debit Mastercard for over 3 years and when I renewed it, they sent me a VISA Wealth Card (Not the Wealth Select one). Can anyone tell how can I revert to the World Debit Mastercard again ?