• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

I missed ECS but paid manually. Still,

prem2311

TF Select
Hi all,
I missed my ECS for the Hdfc loan on the Hdfc account. My mistake. I thought it had sufficient balance, But it didn't.

But, Right away I paid manually through pay outstanding EMI and Charges in the loan section and it was right away shown in my loan section as paid and I don't see any overdue amount or overdue payment. While paying it asks me to pay two EMI and some 500rs as CBC charges. I paid all.

Actually, before knowing this option for manual payment, I called customer care and explained my situation and asked them to pay the option for manual payment, But they completely denied there was no option and that it was my mistake to maintain the balance one day before.
I fight with them like if you are arguing with norms then now I have balance and I have time till tonight and I need to mode to pay the due. But they keep on saying the same like bot.
They even didn't know there was a manual payment option present in net banking.

Then I went through all the options in net banking and found out this option and I paid two dues and CBC.
Then again I called customer service to verify the transaction and it was paid to the loan account. He verified and asked me why I paid manually it will automatically post ECS tomorrow.

Then I asked, if so it will report Cibil as one day late payment know. He replied still, it was reported to Cibil as a bounce.
I was shocked and asked him if I paid on the due date and had no due amount how you will report this as a bounce?
He replied that it would not report as overdue days or overdue amounts. It will reported as a bounce because u have missed the ECS. I asked again and replied the same. I hung up.

I wrote an email to Email us option and mentioned that I missed ECS but I paid due on time. So I don't want to report this as a bounce. It was raised and replied will get back in one working day.

So I just want to know how it will be reported as bounce? Because there is no bounce section in cibil!

Attachments

• Screenshot 2023-12-04 130315.png
    Screenshot 2023-12-04 130315.png
    28 KB · Views: 52
  • Screenshot 2023-12-04 130348.png
    Screenshot 2023-12-04 130348.png
    29.2 KB · Views: 51

prem2311

TF Select
Most probably it will be reported as bounce, as it is HDFC they are not lenient in such matters. However you can raise this with higher in HDFC based on your good relations they may reverse bounce.
Bounce means One day overdue or My emi due amount as overdue like that they will report? Or how they report bouncing in my account in cibil?

Tejo

TF Legend
Hi all,
I missed my ECS for the Hdfc loan on the Hdfc account. My mistake. I thought it had sufficient balance, But it didn't.

But, Right away I paid manually through pay outstanding EMI and Charges in the loan section and it was right away shown in my loan section as paid and I don't see any overdue amount or overdue payment. While paying it asks me to pay two EMI and some 500rs as CBC charges. I paid all.

Actually, before knowing this option for manual payment, I called customer care and explained my situation and asked them to pay the option for manual payment, But they completely denied there was no option and that it was my mistake to maintain the balance one day before.
I fight with them like if you are arguing with norms then now I have balance and I have time till tonight and I need to mode to pay the due. But they keep on saying the same like bot.
They even didn't know there was a manual payment option present in net banking.

Then I went through all the options in net banking and found out this option and I paid two dues and CBC.
Then again I called customer service to verify the transaction and it was paid to the loan account. He verified and asked me why I paid manually it will automatically post ECS tomorrow.

Then I asked, if so it will report Cibil as one day late payment know. He replied still, it was reported to Cibil as a bounce.
I was shocked and asked him if I paid on the due date and had no due amount how you will report this as a bounce?
He replied that it would not report as overdue days or overdue amounts. It will reported as a bounce because u have missed the ECS. I asked again and replied the same. I hung up.

I wrote an email to Email us option and mentioned that I missed ECS but I paid due on time. So I don't want to report this as a bounce. It was raised and replied will get back in one working day.

So I just want to know how it will be reported as bounce? Because there is no bounce section in cibil!
If you paid manually on due date, don't worry.

But they might ask you to pay bounce fee.

Cibil will be fine.

Does they waived off/reversed the bounce fee???

prem2311

TF Select
I'll tell what I believe/know.

Not really, your loan won't be reported late if you paid on time & paid the ECS bounce charges too.

Yes, I believe meant about bounce charges (ECS/auto pay fail) only.

You shouldn't be worried, just pay bounce charges once it reflects.
Ya. I paid two dues (But one is the due) and CBC charges. That is the option available in hdfc net-banking payment option. I paid all. After that, I called customer service to verify that the amount was reflected and he confirmed that the amount was reflected but still it was reported as a bounce he said. But he told me may be you can request for CBC charges reversal but subject to approval. I said ok. he raised the request.

Request for reversal charges will change your thoughts on this? Cibil and charges are different right?

prem2311

TF Select
If you paid manually on due date, don't worry.

But they might ask you to pay bounce fee.

Cibil will be fine.

Does they waived off/reversed the bounce fee???
Ya. I paid two due (But one is the due) and CBC charges. That is the option available in hdfc net-banking payment option. I paid all. After that, I called customer service to verify that the amount was reflected and he confirmed that the amount was reflected but still it was reported as a bounce he said. But he told me may be you can request for CBC charges reversal but subject to approval. I said ok. he raised the request.

Request for reversal charges will change your thoughts on this? Cibil and charges are diff

V360

TF Ace
TF Family
VIP Lounge
I'll tell what I believe/know.

Not really, your loan won't be reported late if you paid on time & paid the ECS bounce charges too.

Yes, I believe he meant about bounce charges (ECS/auto pay fail) only.

You shouldn't be worried, just pay bounce charges once it reflects.
Completely agree with you - it wont be reported on CIBIL at all.

Was in the same situation for my CAR loan EMI - paid immediately and nothing was reported. Believe there is a cushion window for 3 days post EMI due date.

prem2311

TF Select

Was in the same situation for my CAR loan EMI - paid immediately and nothing was reported. Believe there is a cushion window for 3 days post EMI due date.
I enquired about this 3 days grace period with customer care, he said it will be only for credit card bill payment. Not for loan he said. Why customer care executives are this much confusing?

prem2311

TF Select
bcoz its HDFC, but do get it cleared with customer execs.
Don't worry - you will not see anything on CIBIL

Whatever questions I asked, They simply gave the same answers as bot. It will be reported as bounce but not as overdue or anything. Just a bounce. Like that 3 executives told me.

They even didn't let me know there is a manual payment option in net banking. They simply say to wait till the 15th, In between they ll post ECS again and have to maintain balance. That's it. They do not care about cibil and all. It was a bounce we will report as a bounce. That is their final answer.

All other banks offer manual payment options to pay loans whenever. But, here you have to miss the ECS to pay manual. Because this option is not available for normal due payment.

CS dined there is no option to pay if you miss ECS.

I think some other banks offer manual payment right? Can ICICI loan pay manual payment whenever we want right?

Hereafter, there is a big no to HDFC for loans.

D₹V

TF Prestige
Ya. I paid two due (But one is the due) and CBC charges. That is the option available in hdfc net-banking payment option. I paid all. After that, I called customer service to verify that the amount was reflected and he confirmed that the amount was reflected but still it was reported as a bounce he said. But he told me may be you can request for CBC charges reversal but subject to approval. I said ok. he raised the request.

Request for reversal charges will change your thoughts on this? Cibil and charges are diff
Yes, since you paid on time. HDFC bank might reverse your bounce charges as an exception & one time gesture.

You can email them if it doesnt work on call.

D₹V

TF Prestige

Yes, someone I know had payment bounced in Bajaj loan but he paid via Paytm next day.

It wasn't reported late in CIBIL.

prem2311

TF Select
Yes, someone I know had payment bounced in Bajaj loan but he paid via Paytm next day.

It wasn't reported late in CIBIL.
Just thoughts:

First I tried HDFC bill desk and Paytm after ECS failed. But, These HDFC loans are not available there. I think HDFC doesn't have software to handle all this. Due to their software inability, they saying the only option for repayment is ECS, and if it fails wait for the next ECS attempt.

They should have at least 2 to 3 ways to pay loans. Still now, I haven't felt these kinds of needs in the past 4 years of HDFC. I have one more loan in IDFC where we can pay due anytime.

At least HDFC has this overdue and charges option once ECS fails.