• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Car loan - HDFC

Legionomous

TF Buzz
I have a car loan with HDFC bank for 5 years and have completed around 30 months. To reduce the overall tenure, I made a pre part-payment for the loan but have not received any acknowledgement from the bank on the receipt even though the amount is debited from my account. Is there any one who had made a part payment for the car loan through HDFC and know the timeline on when the Loan portal would reflect the additional payment? Calling HDFC Loan CC was not helpful as they just asked me to wait for 10 days to even receive a bifurcation and they can't even confirm if it went to the right place. I made a part payment request through HDFC Xpressway portal and received a link 1 day later through SMS and paid through the smarthub link.

pradeepG

TF Premier
I have a car loan with HDFC bank for 5 years and have completed around 30 months. To reduce the overall tenure, I made a pre part-payment for the loan but have not received any acknowledgement from the bank on the receipt even though the amount is debited from my account. Is there any one who had made a part payment for the car loan through HDFC and know the timeline on when the Loan portal would reflect the additional payment? Calling HDFC Loan CC was not helpful as they just asked me to wait for 10 days to even receive a bifurcation and they can't even confirm if it went to the right place. I made a part payment request through HDFC Xpressway portal and received a link 1 day later through SMS and paid through the smarthub link.
any further update on this??

Legionomous

TF Buzz
any further update on this??
Yes. I did raise a grievance with the Bank. After few days (around 10-15 days), I received call from the bank saying that the part payment was a success and I can see it reflected if I download the future part payment category in "Loan" section on HDFC banking and it did reflected correctly.

timva

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
One notorious question:
I also have a car loan from HDFC, can I request a part payment link from them and pay with my credit card (or Rupay cc upi) ?
(And yes my credit limit is higher than the outstanding amount and I have funds to pay huge cc bill before due date)
I'm curious if payment via cc is anyways possible??

arun4455

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
One notorious question:
I also have a car loan from HDFC, can I request a part payment link from them and pay with my credit card (or Rupay cc upi) ?
(And yes my credit limit is higher than the outstanding amount and I have funds to pay huge cc bill before due date)
I'm curious if payment via cc is anyways possible??
No, credit card doesn't work on the prepayment link. I tried by rupay cc, but transactions was getting failed for me. Not sure because of restrictions or some other issue.

timva

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
No, credit card doesn't work on the prepayment link. I tried by rupay cc, but transactions was getting failed for me. Not sure because of restrictions or some other issue.
Okay.... CC-UPI doesn't work but......
1) What all other payment options are we presented with??
2) Also are there any charges for making prepayments?
(I've paid more than 14 EMIs till now)
@arun4455 @Legionomous