• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

HSBC declines as 'Intinct Known Fraud'

Tazact

TF Select
I have been trying from last many years for getting HSBC credit card but after initial online approval with 4+ lakh limit my application getting rejected after video KYC .
Mailed them about actual reason for application decline but everytime i got response as 'Banks Internal Policy'.
So i moved to RBI Ombudsman against HSBC for specific reason of application decline and after 1 month of wait i got RBI mail that Bank has replied "In this matter of complaint, the bank informed that as per investigation Customer's Credit Card application was declined due to (IF - INSTINCT KNOWN FRAUD), hence they have referred to the reason as “due to the bank’s internal policy your card was declined”. And my application was closed from RBI .
I had an another ideal PAN (Inadvertently allotted) which i have had never used anywhere also i got it deleted from Income Tax Office in August 2023. Again in September 2023 i applied for HSBC card which again got rejected .
Now what to do for getting card? Their could be one reason of dual PAN but even after one PAN is deleted my new application declined .
What could be other reasons? How to proceed next application cautiously ?
CIBIL 788
Have SC/ICICI/HDFC/SBI Cards with 5+ limit
Area Delhi
Govt Job

SSV

TF Pioneer
Contributor
VIP Lounge
ncome Tax Office in August 2023. Again in September 2023 i applied for HSBC card which again got rejected .
Sometimes, it takes more than a month to sync the databases that these entities look at .. so please wait for at least 3 months time after your updation in IT books..

Indian

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
Now what to do for getting card?
Open Saving or Current Account with them

Their could be one reason of dual PAN but even after one PAN is deleted my new application declined
Due to six months window for apply, you applied after six months of first rejection?

What could be other reasons?
Dedupe! in india HSBC issuing cards since 90s, perhaps they having vast database and your details may match with theirs defaulter records.

How to proceed next application cautiously ?
Apply After one year
Wait for Co branded Cards
Directly apply via branch

Good Luck

Tazact

TF Select
Since my last aplication was declined by HSBC in January 2023 i immediatley suspected the Dual PAN as a possible culprit for rejection. So first i rushed to Delete my idle PAN from Income Tax and it eventually got deleted in August 2023, confirmed PAN status from Income Tax website as 'Deleted'. Than i applied online from HSBC site in September which got declined after couple of days .
Same rejection was done by HDFC for TATA Neu card but they communicated me the exact reason behind rejection as Dual PAN . I provided them Deletion letter from Income Tax , HDFC approved the card !

tbharech

TF Buzz
I had got a rejection for a HSBC card earlier this year for an address related issue. I reached out to their Twitter handle with basic application details and I was reached out by them to understand the concern. After a call and few email exchanges, they approved the card. Would suggest giving this a try as in a lot of cases I have seen organisations having a good response via such social media handles.

Tazact

TF Select
Do they(Bank) review from scratch for new credit card application which was declined by them in past or they rely on system red flags even though correction of issue has been taken by applicant ?

Tazact

TF Select
If its like that than once decline due to system red flag than his application should not be approved forever even if he had redcify the error?

phoenix1386

TF Select
Contributor
Since my last aplication was declined by HSBC in January 2023 i immediatley suspected the Dual PAN as a possible culprit for rejection. So first i rushed to Delete my idle PAN from Income Tax and it eventually got deleted in August 2023, confirmed PAN status from Income Tax website as 'Deleted'. Than i applied online from HSBC site in September which got declined after couple of days .
Same rejection was done by HDFC for TATA Neu card but they communicated me the exact reason behind rejection as Dual PAN . I provided them Deletion letter from Income Tax , HDFC approved the card !

Did you at least visit a branch and talk about this with them? Did you email them the deletion letter and ask them politely about what can be done to get a card from them?

phoenix1386

TF Select
Contributor
Do they(Bank) review from scratch for new credit card application which was declined by them in past or they rely on system red flags even though correction of issue has been taken by applicant ?

This, too, might be answered at the branch. Not right away, but they should be able to figure this out for you. Also, if HSBC card is really a must-have for you, consider opening an account with them. With that account opening, they will have your correct and updated data and the branch will be in a much better position as well as the bank itself, to trust you and process your card application. Everything takes time and patience.

Tazact

TF Select
Actually i am waiting for cool off period to be over in March 2024. Than i would apply offline on C2C basis. If again they would reject i would approach them with Deletion latter.

Tazact

TF Select
This, too, might be answered at the branch. Not right away, but they should be able to figure this out for you. Also, if HSBC card is really a must-have for you, consider opening an account with them. With that account opening, they will have your correct and updated data and the branch will be in a much better position as well as the bank itself, to trust you and process your card application. Everything takes time and patience.
Tried that way in Axis by opening saving a/c as they also consistently declining cc application but it's been more than 1 year & i'am yet get any Pro approved offer. Tried new cc application once a/c is opened but that too declined!

phoenix1386

TF Select
Contributor
Actually i am waiting for cool off period to be over in March 2024. Than i would apply offline on C2C basis. If again they would reject i would approach them with Deletion latter.

Why would you do that? You might encounter the same result that way.

It would be a much better proposition to visit the branch now, and see if they can sort things out. Else, open an account right now. Then, after the cooling off period, apply using C2C or any other method you choose. Chances of rejection should be as low as could be basis "bank's internal policy" ;) but certainly not due to the issue of two PANs.

phoenix1386

TF Select
Contributor
Make sense!
Shall follow & update accordingly.

The whole idea is to get your new and proper documents ON RECORD with the bank BEFORE you apply for a credit card and let them sit on it for a while. The best way to do that is to either open an account with them or open a fixed deposit. That will give them your correct records. Then, simply wait off your cooling period, and start with a visit to the branch for applying for a new credit card. They may be able to do a C2C application, but if they refuse, then take help from an agent.

Tazact

TF Select
Ok 👌 Let's try. But that didn't work in Axis. May be policies vary bank to bank. In Axis I'm getting all loans - Bike/car/gold/Home.. Bla bla but never get ant Credit card offer since 2022.
May be HSBC doesn't repeat the same fate

I fail to understand one thing.

Why you are so particular of that HSBC card ? Despite having other cards.

I see no reason why go after that bank when there are over 2 dozen other issuers in the market.

Step back. Think. Wait for a year or so. Then re-apply - only if you must. I suggest not. Ignore HSBC and move on.

Tazact

TF Select
I fail to understand one thing.

Why you are so particular of that HSBC card ? Despite having other cards.

I see no reason why go after that bank when there are over 2 dozen other issuers in the market.

Step back. Think. Wait for a year or so. Then re-apply - only if you must. I suggest not. Ignore HSBC and move on.
Sir
As HSBC offers 10% cash back on restaurants which is pretty good deal. I have Kotak Delight as well but for geting 10% cashback on Restaurants i have to fiest spend 10k on this card which is major drawback