• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

HSBC credit card application rejection after Card delivery.

jeat001

TF Select
VIP Lounge
I applied for HSBC Cashback credit card on 22nd May 2023 and Received the Card on 2nd June 2023 but shockingly on 8th of June my card got blocked and I received an email from HSBC that they are not able to approve my credit card application. I tried to unblock credit card by calling to customer care but they are telling that my card has been blocked due to internal policies of Bank and they can’t tell the exact reason behind it and suggesting me to visit nearest HSBC branch to know the actual reason for blocking the card.
This is the first time I am facing this weird problem and this is a brain-fade moment for me. If anybody has faced similar problems then please explain me and also discuss what to do now. It will be beneficial for me.

Attachments

• IMG_0929.jpeg
    IMG_0929.jpeg
    279.7 KB · Views: 170

Tejo

TF Legend
I applied for HSBC Cashback credit card on 22nd May 2023 and Received the Card on 2nd June 2023 but shockingly on 8th of June my card got blocked and I received an email from HSBC that they are not able to approve my credit card application. I tried to unblock credit card by calling to customer care but they are telling that my card has been blocked due to internal policies of Bank and they can’t tell the exact reason behind it and suggesting me to visit nearest HSBC branch to know the actual reason for blocking the card.
This is the first time I am facing this weird problem and this is a brain-fade moment for me. If anybody has faced similar problems then please explain me and also discuss what to do now. It will be beneficial for me.
🤣 HSBC is in competition to block cards after delivery, like hdfc and kotak.

Did you provide any false information? Like salary, employee details etc?

jeat001

TF Select
VIP Lounge
🤣 HSBC is in competition to block cards after delivery, like hdfc and kotak.

Did you provide any false information? Like salary, employee details etc?
There were no false infos provided. But there was a mishap. I actually applied twice for the same card with a gap of just a day. It was done by HSBC executives mistakenly. 1st application for which I had done vkyc was rejected earlier. But the 2nd application was approved. But I have not done any vkyc for this application. Don’t know is this the reason or not but this is the first time I am facing this weird experience.

nrb

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
There were no false infos provided. But there was a mishap. I actually applied twice for the same card with a gap of just a day. It was done by HSBC executives mistakenly. 1st application for which I had done vkyc was rejected earlier. But the 2nd application was approved. But I have not done any vkyc for this application. Don’t know is this the reason or not but this is the first time I am facing this weird experience.

It might so happen that they rejected the duplicate application. One of them might still go through.

I applied for ICICI card 4/5 times because of application not proceeding further and it ended up creating multiple application.
But still I got the card for one of the application and others are rejected and I kept getting message that my card is declined.
But am using the card and it is all fine

jeat001

TF Select
VIP Lounge
It might so happen that they rejected the duplicate application. One of them might still go through.

I applied for ICICI card 4/5 times because of application not proceeding further and it ended up creating multiple application.
But still I got the card for one of the application and others are rejected and I kept getting message that my card is declined.
But am using the card and it is all fine
Yes. In a ideal circumstance this should be happened. But I can’t understand what went wrong with me. Almost 8 days after delivering the card they are saying that they cannot approve the application. Also they are not willing to tell the exact reason. Customer service of HSBC is not that good also.

gobsy

TF Select
I also face same issue while applying for visa platinum. When I tried to enter employer details the page got stuck so I closed the tab and reapplied again. After entering pan number it asked to continue earlier application where I entered employer details once again. But after that got rejected as not meeting company's internal criteria. Even though I met all eligibility criteria mentioned on their website. My cibil score is 772. It got hit.

jeat001

TF Select
VIP Lounge
I also face same issue while applying for visa platinum. When I tried to enter employer details the page got stuck so I closed the tab and reapplied again. After entering pan number it asked to continue earlier application where I entered employer details once again. But after that got rejected as not meeting company's internal criteria. Even though I met all eligibility criteria mentioned on their website. My cibil score is 772. It got hit.
HSBC's service in India is very poor. Although their service is way better in Europe and USA. They are treating Indians as their second class customer.

Dr. Drake

TF Ace
HSBC's service in India is very poor.
Disagree based on my 7Yrs of experience with HSBC card.

Though, had similar experience with RBL zomato card. Received card & after 2 tx of minor amounts on zomato card was blocked within a week.
Asked for reasons none provided. Complaint to PNO didn't worked. Complaint to RBI, card was reactivated within 3working days + 1k Zomato GV was provided complimentary for the trouble & closing the request

jeat001

TF Select
VIP Lounge
Disagree based on my 7Yrs of experience with HSBC card.

Though, had similar experience with RBL zomato card. Received card & after 2 tx of minor amounts on zomato card was blocked within a week.
Asked for reasons none provided. Complaint to PNO didn't worked. Complaint to RBI, card was reactivated within 3working days + 1k Zomato GV was provided complimentary for the trouble & closing the request
Experience is a subjective matter and can change case to case basis. I also owned RBL Zomato Edition Card (Now Shoprite) and I hadn't faced any issue like you faced. Although I am not saying RBL Bank support is good. But I haven't faced any problem with them till now.
But in case of HSBC I am still suffering. My RM is not picking up my calls after discussing the problem with him. Also Customer Support is not supportive. Only saying "Internal Policy" as a reason of blockage. Now, tell me how can I say HSBC customer support is good? Have mailed them let's see what's happen. Anyway thanks to you for sharing your experience. I will also follow your path if I don't receive the favorable outcome.

pprakash11

TF Prestige
Experience is a subjective matter and can change case to case basis. I also owned RBL Zomato Edition Card (Now Shoprite) and I hadn't faced any issue like you faced. Although I am not saying RBL Bank support is good. But I haven't faced any problem with them till now.
But in case of HSBC I am still suffering. My RM is not picking up my calls after discussing the problem with him. Also Customer Support is not supportive. Only saying "Internal Policy" as a reason of blockage. Now, tell me how can I say HSBC customer support is good? Have mailed them let's see what's happen. Anyway thanks to you for sharing your experience. I will also follow your path if I don't receive the favorable outcome.
What happened next brother ? @jeat001

Subhajeet

TF Select
hsbc cards are known for superior customer support and offers and are mainly targeted to hni and nri they usually are reluctant for issuing credit cards just to normal citizens without having any high value releationship with them as i have seen for the last few years

Pack_of_Cards

TF Premier
hsbc cards are known for superior customer support and offers and are mainly targeted to hni and nri they usually are reluctant for issuing credit cards just to normal citizens without having any high value releationship with them as i have seen for the last few years
I agree that the customer support is good in HSBC, but as far as I am concerned they are not reluctant for issuing credit cards to mornal citizens I got HSBC platinum credit card 6 years back when my salary was below 50K. its just that if you have too much CC or Loan enquiry within 6-10 months, they usually reject such applications, when I applied for HSBC CC I only had one ICICI bank CC, so it got approved.

Similar thing happened for me after HDFC approved Tata Neu Infinity and sent the card thru courier. I am able to see the digital card, activate it, add it to a couple of UPI Apps, and even Tata Team were able to see the card and give me all details about the courier etc.,,,

Before it was delivered to me, it was blocked by HDFC. Despite 8-10 emails to their Chennai CC office and even after the best efforts of the local branch, NO ONE told me why it was blocked. This was in Sept 2023. Even now, I am able to see the digital card in the mobile App, Cards App and even in the Tata Neu App. But card not delivered till now and is in Blocked state. Strange ways to handle.

I think all Banks whose name start with H has this wierd habit .... probably.

jeat001

TF Select
VIP Lounge
Similar thing happened for me after HDFC approved Tata Neu Infinity and sent the card thru courier. I am able to see the digital card, activate it, add it to a couple of UPI Apps, and even Tata Team were able to see the card and give me all details about the courier etc.,,,

Before it was delivered to me, it was blocked by HDFC. Despite 8-10 emails to their Chennai CC office and even after the best efforts of the local branch, NO ONE told me why it was blocked. This was in Sept 2023. Even now, I am able to see the digital card in the mobile App, Cards App and even in the Tata Neu App. But card not delivered till now and is in Blocked state. Strange ways to handle.

I think all Banks whose name start with H has this wierd habit .... probably.
Have you escalated to the Nodal Officer or CEO Desk?