• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Credit card showing as dormant account in HSBC mobile app

gobsy

TF Select
I got my HSBC cashback card in last week of January. I created pin and activated the card today only. But in HSBC mobile app it shows dormant account below my credit card. What is the issue here? I have not made any transactions yet using it.

NShah

TF Legend
Contributor
I got my HSBC cashback card in last week of January. I created pin and activated the card today only. But in HSBC mobile app it shows dormant account below my credit card. What is the issue here? I have not made any transactions yet using it.
Use your card, it will change from inactive to active

Vish

TF Buzz
VIP Lounge
Did it get activated? I have been talking to agents one after the other. Not active even after doing the physical txn by entering the pin. The last person is saying the physical txn needs to be claimed by the merchant for the card to get activated. Not able to use the card online at all. Thought HSBC would be better than this.

frezcoop

TF Select
Did it get activated? I have been talking to agents one after the other. Not active even after doing the physical txn by entering the pin. The last person is saying the physical txn needs to be claimed by the merchant for the card to get activated. Not able to use the card online at all. Thought HSBC would be better than this.
Yaya, it got activated without swiping, after a few days. You don't have to worry and you can keep using it.