• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Does HSBC reconsider credit card applications

Sai Ganesh

TF Premier
Hi Team,

Does HSBC reconsider credit card applications after we get a declined mail , has anyone tried sending them a mail ?

If so can you please provide me their pno or grievance mail id ?

The one mentioned by Sumanta sir is not working.

No reason specified in that ? I know my cibil is v good and i am an existing customer of HSBC, not sure why it got rejected at the last step , i completed VKYC also.

Tensor

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
No they don't. Better you wait for some time and then apply again. If you're salaried, have a good cibil profile and your city fall in their card sourcing locations, you'll get it. Also, there is no cooling period between 2 applications as such so you can re-apply as early as within a week. They 'may' not offer a card if one already has a large no. of cards (10-12+) and a heavy credit exposure but again, not a hard and fast rule.

I got this mail in Jan
Screenshot_20230706-151435.jpg

Then contacted CC executive in Feb again got this mail in Feb again the executive called me for some more info then again in March I got the HSBC CC

So you can get the CC but in between due to all back and forth 4 Cibil hits in 3 months just from HSBC

Sai Ganesh

TF Premier
No they don't. Better you wait for some time and then apply again. If you're salaried, have a good cibil profile and your city fall in their card sourcing locations, you'll get it. Also, there is no cooling period between 2 applications as such so you can re-apply as early as within a week. They 'may' not offer a card if one already has a large no. of cards (10-12+) and a heavy credit exposure but again, not a hard and fast rule.
Oh ok bro , i already hold a credit card from HSBC and may be that's the reason.

Thanks for your comments and help.

Anyway can anyone let me know HSBC customer care greivance or pno mail id ?

Tensor

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
Oh ok bro , i already hold a credit card from HSBC and may be that's the reason.

Thanks for your comments and help.

Anyway can anyone let me know HSBC customer care greivance or pno mail id ?

This has the escalation matrix and relevant email addresses. Hope you'll find it helpful.

Sai Ganesh

TF Premier

This has the escalation matrix and relevant email addresses. Hope you'll find it helpful.
Thanks bro , i have raised a complaint to reconsider my application.

Today I got message for Video KYC not sure whether this is for that?

Called customer care as well , they are saying we deal only with credit cards not sure about application side ?

Don't know what to do in this case ?

Tensor

TF Premier
VIP Lounge

Called customer care as well , they are saying we deal only with credit cards not sure about application side ?

Don't know what to do in this case
This is probably in response to your reconsideration request. Chances are you'll get the card this time. Not sure whether they'll do a credit check again. All the best 👍🏻

This is probably in response to your reconsideration request. Chances are you'll get the card this time. Not sure whether they'll do a credit check again. All the best 👍🏻
They do a credit check each time I was rejected because of some error in documents 2 times so gave them the corrected documents I got the card but got 3 Cibil hits

Tensor

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
They do a credit check each time I was rejected because of some error in documents 2 times so gave them the corrected documents I got the card but got 3 Cibil hits
Okay. Wasn't aware of this. I have a cashback card with HSBC since 2019. I think now it's time to give up as the customer service has been very poor and no great benefits apart from occasional merchant offers.

Sai Ganesh

TF Premier
No update bro , tried attending the VKYC thrice they said my documents are yet to be sent from sales team .

I spoke to customer care twice and gave complaint these people are waste bro , no solution yet.

Sometimes HSBC is good , sometimes v worst.

Sai Ganesh

TF Premier

Don't know what to do in this case ?
I have raised a complaint in this to reconsider my application.

i got VKYC mail and message but no call remainder from them yet to do VKYC.

I spoke to customer care twice and gave complaint these people are waste bro , no solution yet.

Since this is happening for more than a month and bank has not reverted back , can i raise an complaint with RBI ?

Harrypotter

TF Premier
I have raised a complaint in this to reconsider my application.

i got VKYC mail and message but no call remainder from them yet to do VKYC.

Since this is happening for more than a month and bank has not reverted back , can i raise an complaint with RBI ?
Even if you complaint to rbi and rbi will again forward to bank. Even if the complaint is solved by your favour as per hsbc policy there will be a again cibil hit. It will be taken as a new application only

Lightron

TF Buzz
I had the same issue recently, I am assuming that they are considering cibil score along with annual income and institution,because upon eliminating the said issues my friend received his card despite having a lower cibil than me.