• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

HSBC Cashback Credit Card Review

Editor’s note: This is a recurring post, regularly updated with new information and offers. Last Updated 5th Dec 2023.
HSBC has recently revamped their Cashback Credit card and I would say it has been revalued as an exception in this season of brutal devaluations. Since earning points for travel is again becoming difficult many people are shifting to cashback credit cards to bump up their valueback.

Here's a quick review of this great credit card from HSBC Bank!

Charges and Welcome Benefits​

Joining Fees​
₹999 + GST​
Welcome Benefits​
Amazon voucher worth ₹1000 on spending ₹10000 within the first 30 days​
Annual Fees​
₹999 + GST​
Annual Benefits​
NIL​
Annual Fee Waiver​
Spend ₹2L on your card in a year for an annual fee waiver*.
Add-on Fees​
NIL​
Card Category​
Cashback​
The welcome voucher compensates the joining fee but there will be no annual benefits for paying the annual fees.

Reward Rate​

Spends Area
CashbackRate
Capping
All dining, food delivery and grocery spends​
10%​
₹1000​
All Other Spends*​
1.50%​
Unlimited​
  • *Cashback cannot be earned on transactions made on Fuel, e-wallets, rental payments, Business to Business transactions, education and government payments, Insurance, Jewelry and antique items, Gambling, Tolls and Bridge Fees, Financial and Non-Financial Institutions, Security Broker Services, Collection Agencies, Charity, Money Transfers and Wholesale Clubs.​
  • Your cashback will be credited within 45 days after the statement generation date​
  • No cash-back redemption fee is applicable​

Other Benefits​

Airport Lounge Access​

Domestic Airport Lounge Access
Complimentary Limit – 4 Visits/ Calendar year (1 per quarter) within India only for primary cardholders.
Access Via – Credit Card

Fuel Surcharge Waiver​

No fuel surcharge waiver is applicable on this card.

Forex Markup​

Forex markup charges are applicable of 3.5%+GST.

Eligibility​

• You must be aged between 18 to 65​
  • Your annual income must be at least INR400,000 per annum (for salaried individuals)​
  • You must be an Indian resident​
  • You must reside in any of the following cities: Bangalore, Chennai, Gurgaon, Hyderabad, Mumbai, New Delhi, Noida, Pune​
HSBC Bank is currently only offering their credit cards to salaried individuals that too very strictly. If you are a self-employed individual then you may try your luck by opening a premium bank account against a huge NRV.

TechnoFino Recommends​

A simple no-nonsense cashback card from HSBC Bank which caters to both Groceries and Dining that too at a flat 10% rate which I would say is unheard of before. Earlier Kotak was offering such cashback on their Essentia and Delight credit cards with some conditions and now have been discontinued.

If you are looking for a great multi-utility card for all your grocery and dining spending then this card should be there in your wallet! Not to worry about the fees since in festive time reaching that upper cap on 10% cashback even for just one time will make your card free virtually for the year. This card is in direct competition with the HDFC Swiggy card now.

Are you planning to get this card? Tell us in the comments below about your experience.

Rdspam

TF Premier
I applied for HSBC Cashback via cashkaro, but I was unable to complete vkyc as it was midnight. The next day I get a call from an agent and I tell them I will do the vkyc later. I get some messages with the agent's initials as reference number asking me to complete vkyc.

I ignore those messages, and complete videokyc using the link which was originally shared via email when I tried to apply at midnight. I complete the vkyc and I get a vkyc completed email as well. But I am still getting texts and emails with the reference no. as agent's initials, to complete vkyc even though I had already completed it.

Did the agent do any foul play? Do I need to do the vkyc again? Will I get the cashkaro benefit if I do the vkyc again?
The HSBC application process is very messy. I was getting vkyc emails much after my application was processed and approved as well. Just wait and give it time. Can’t say about cashkaro part as I did it directly though.

justzeus1

TF Buzz
This means Hsbc can issue only 9,99,999 cashback cards.
I dont think so, it wud be that the first 8 digits are the same- thats the case with one other card company.

Even if thats the case, refrain from asking all this card digits- and no one shud share it with u (not to with a new member, and also not with the technofino founder).

@TechnoFino i think the above post needs to be deleted and the user banned.
In any card the first 6 digits is call bin codes which is specific to a bank, the next 4 digits is card type code which is specific to a card type.. Thus suppose if you are using hsbc credit card you may have bin codes like 431104 (the first 6 digits), the next 4 digits is for cashback card type. And thus the first 10 digits of card for a specific card (e.g. hsbc cashback card) are same for all hsbc cashback card holder. The last 6 digits are only different for all. @deepcards I can understand you are concerned about card security of all, which is good but if something is same for all then there is nothing secret, it is just generic information.

justzeus1

TF Buzz
In any card the first 6 digits is call bin codes which is specific to a bank, the next 4 digits is card type code which is specific to a card type.. Thus suppose if you are using hsbc credit card you may have bin codes like 431104 (the first 6 digits), the next 4 digits is for cashback card type. And thus the first 10 digits of card for a specific card (e.g. hsbc cashback card) are same for all hsbc cashback card holder. The last 6 digits are only different for all. @deepcards I can understand you are concerned about card security of all, which is good but if something is same for all then there is nothing secret, it is just generic information.
arre yaar koi to bata do plz.. I am getting calls from hsbc for card closure..

kesarkarshri

TF Buzz
Received privy pass number for spending 10k (within 30 days of card issuance):).
Followed the steps on thriwe.com to redeem voucher/s worth 1k but got some "anytime gift..." error :(and couldn't add it to the amazon account.
Called thriwe's helpline and they informed others are also experiencing this and it is being resolved and suggested to retry on Monday.
I thought of sharing this with fellow card holders who might also be experiencing the same.

senasenthil

TF Premier
Received privy pass number for spending 10k (within 30 days of card issuance):).
Followed the steps on thriwe.com to redeem voucher/s worth 1k but got some "anytime gift..." error :(and couldn't add it to the amazon account.
Called thriwe's helpline and they informed others are also experiencing this and it is being resolved and suggested to retry on Monday.
I thought of sharing this with fellow card holders who might also be experiencing the same.
I got the error yesterday but able to add successfully today

Raj_

TF Buzz
Guys, will the OTP for HSBC add on cards be sent to the primary card holder or the add on card holder?

Rdspam

TF Premier
This is a common issue. They eventually resolve it though

Aditya12

TF Premier
This looks very lucrative but I would like to add some points to it .
the big basket charges delivery fee for only milk delivery. there is a fixed charge of rupees 4 per day if you order only milk from Big basket however if you add any other grocery item then there will there will be no delivery fee.
So for people like me I order one litre milk everyday for rupees 58 and I get 10% cashback that is 5.8 rupees - 4 rupees for delivery charges so net 1.8 rupees per day and for those who have more requirement this is the best deal available.
One can add ParleG worth Rs 5 everyday to avoid Rs 4 delivery charges. Effective cost for ParleG will be Re 1. You can give packets to needy at traffic signals if there’s no consumption at home.

MJN

TF Premier
Applied on 9th April; VKYC successfully completed on 10th April; Got mail confirmation also; But after that, no mail or call; I didn't still get cibil hit;

1) When I will receive the card?
2) Will I get any call from customer care explaining the features and charges?
3) How to know whether my card is approved or not?

pprakash11

TF Prestige
Applied on 9th April; VKYC successfully completed on 10th April; Got mail confirmation also; But after that, no mail or call; I didn't still get cibil hit;

1) When I will receive the card?
Card can be approved as well can be rejected. If approved, you will directly get card one day thu BD. Sometimes they do send approval sms too.
2) Will I get any call from customer care explaining the features and charges?
Nope
3) How to know whether my card is approved or not?
Post 5-7 days call customer care and quote cc application ref no and they will tell the status