• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

How to upgrade HDFC easyshop Debit card to platinum?

Rocky Bhai

TF Legend
You can easily upgrade your debit card in mobile banking app

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230323_105717.jpg
    Screenshot_20230323_105717.jpg
    167 KB · Views: 17

Faust

TF Select
You can easily upgrade your debit card in mobile banking app
I see those options too but they are all paid for me even after upgrading to Preferred Banking.
I have a DC starting with 4160 but the portal is still offering a Platinum DC as an upgrade which makes me doubt what card I have.

1679550518771.png

paresh22

TF Ace
You already have platinum debit card which will definitely be working on HDFC Billpay to get 1% cashback.
I too have black platinum card and when I check for upgrade card option, I get exactly same 3 options that you are receiving in above screenshot.

Rocky Bhai

TF Legend
I see those options too but they are all paid for me even after upgrading to Preferred Banking.
I have a DC starting with 4160 but the portal is still offering a Platinum DC as an upgrade which makes me doubt what card I have.

1679550518771.png
If you have any doubts regarding your dc you can also call debit card customer care about your card information

TheMentalist

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
In my account the Platinum DC was showing up as 750 (chargeable).
The RM told me that the Platinum DC is free for Preferred Banking customers.
Should I ask for a downgrade?

I made a payment of 500 towards my Axis Ace credit card twice, but the payment failed both times. I got an SMS both times saying AutoPay failed towards the card etc and I should try paying via netbanking.

Any advice on this?
It will still show charges, even if you are a Preferred customer. But the 1st point in the Notes will tell you :
Note:
bulletIcon.png
The annual fee (plus service tax) for the new Debit Card will be levied, as applicable. This is waived off for Imperia, Preferred and Classic customers.

There's a cooling period after adding a new biller on Smartpay
Security Control Credit Card:-After registration 2 hours no trxn allow, between 2 hours to 24 hours limit of Rs. 10,000 and after 24 hours limit upto 2 lakhs.

Faust

TF Select
So how does the cycle work? Is it calendar month or billing month?

I just paid 1L premium. Should I pay 50k by 31st March and 50k after that?

paresh22

TF Ace
Calender month. Use hdfc billpay to pay credit card bills upto 75k per month. After that there will be no 1℅ cashback using platinum debit card

Faust

TF Select
Thanks.
I was looking to add HDFC Regalia as a biller.
I didn't see any option to add HDFC credit cards. Is it not possible to pay HDFC credit card bills using this method?

drakesri

TF Premier
VIP Lounge

1679550518771.png
If your existing debit card is not LTF already you can talk to your preferred RM and he/she will help you get LTF platinum card. Same happened with me as well.

Last edited: