• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

How to upgrade HDFC easyshop Debit card to platinum?

paresh22

TF Ace
Mine is easy shop and platinum is written right under VISA not under easyshop.
My relationship with hdfc is standard Savings account
Like I said in some previous post here, My father also have same debit card. I used it for billpay. Its 4th day since bill paid, no cashback earned. I confirm your debit card will also not earn 1% cashback.

paresh22

TF Ace
I also have the same card, but with Classic also mentioned and it gives 1% CB on billpay
Good to know this. But my father have regular savings account debit card.
Btw, one thing also observed now, the card name in netbanking is written as Regular visa debit card. So even if platinum is written on the card, it will not give 1% cashback.

Faust

TF Select
Would there be any issues with overpaying the due amount?
And can I pay the amount before the CC bill gets generated?

Faust

TF Select
Overpaying is just to cover the small change in decimals that is due. I am trying to pay a rounded off amount.

The reason to pay before bill is generated is to take maximum advantage of the 750 Rs. If I pay the full amount of 1L after statement generation then I will still get only 750. So trying to pay some amount now. Else I have to carefully plan to make some payment before 31st next month and then the rest between the 1st and 4th in May.

sleepysurya

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
On trying to upgrade debit card to platinum, it just shows successful - but no notification/sms etc. How long before it actually gets processed?
I wasn’t sure if the request got processed so tried again and showed the same message. Hope that doesn’t causes any issues.

bismaj

TF Select
Hi All,

I want to upgrade my HDFC debit card to Platinum version.

Is there any way to get it for free (LTF) without any annual charges.
yes there is, for that you have to convert your SB account to MAB Rs. 25000. with that account you get Platinum Debit card for free

paresh22

TF Ace
On trying to upgrade debit card to platinum, it just shows successful - but no notification/sms etc. How long before it actually gets processed?
I wasn’t sure if the request got processed so tried again and showed the same message. Hope that doesn’t causes any issues.
That is how it works in hdfc. You will get nothing to track. But i think if you attempt twice, maybe Hdfc got your request twice so you may get debit card twice if hdfc did not find duplicate request at their end.
You may call customer care to check if they received your request twice.

Tejo

TF Legend
LTF is offered with:
a) Salary Account with limited companies which have tied up with HDFC.
b) Saving Max Account (25k MAB).
c) If your account is under Family Banking and Primary Customer is holding a Saving Max account.
Does having a savings max ac. Remaining can maintain zero balance ac in the family?

pankaj_ji

TF Premier
To make HDFC Saving max a zero balance account, we need to a FD of 1.5 lakhs, did anyone tried this ?

Do we have to do FD of 1.5 lakhs in one go ? or we can do multiple FD of 40k, 30k etc.?

paresh22

TF Ace
To make HDFC Saving max a zero balance account, we need to a FD of 1.5 lakhs, did anyone tried this ?

Do we have to do FD of 1.5 lakhs in one go ? or we can do multiple FD of 40k, 30k etc.?
I only followed what was written in eligibility criteria and did 1.5l FD and then no need to maintain any minimum balance. I think good to have single FD.

VijayflyRaven

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
I have a joint account which does not have my name as primary. It is Imperia account. When I clicked on upgrade, it showed fee as 750 for platinum. I went ahead and got the card few months back. No charges yet.

I opened a savings max as primary and single name account and my relationship is Imperia. Can I open another savings max account with just my name. I have reached 75k limit for bill pay. I need another account to avoid using the joint account. Do they allow two accounts with same name?

paresh22

TF Ace
I have a joint account which does not have my name as primary. It is Imperia account. When I clicked on upgrade, it showed fee as 750 for platinum. I went ahead and got the card few months back. No charges yet.

I opened a savings max as primary and single name account and my relationship is Imperia. Can I open another savings max account with just my name. I have reached 75k limit for bill pay. I need another account to avoid using the joint account. Do they allow two accounts with same name?
I think its possible but will suggest to open another account offline.